PDA

View Full Version : How can 82 still be considered front runner for #2 WR spot!!!!!!!

bigbub2352
08-21-2006, 10:25 AM
I was a fan of josh reed for one year his rookie year, after that i have been saying we need to cut our losses and get a real WR in here, i was extatic when we signed and drafted WRs to replace this guy, but yet TD and Marv think he is going to be a good one, then we go out and pay him 2million a year, come on are u kidding me, he consistently drops passes and is slow, and a terrible route runner, plus i dont htink he is to smart either, there were rumblings that the pick thrown by JP was not entirely his fault, that josh reed read the play wrong and they were not on the same page, i guess 3 years of practice will do that to you.

Please tell me that we will cut him i am sick of even saying his name, i would rather keep Freddie Smith, George Wilson, Maritn Nance, Chris Denney, Andre Davis, or a FA that gets cut from another team, this guys just plain SUCKS, and will continue to SUCK, 2 games 3 drops nice!!

OpIv37
08-21-2006, 10:43 AM
The only thing Josh Reed has ever done well is block downfield for the ballcarrier. I was not happy when Marv gave him the huge extension either. One thing that scares me: if he's still technically the #2, maybe the guys behind him are doing even worse.

Kerr
08-21-2006, 10:48 AM
I too am trying to figure out what's going on with the wr position. I would have hoped Martin Nance would have done a lot better in training camp, but he sits at the bottom of the depth chart. A turnaround from Andre Davis was also expected. It seems he'll be nothing more than a situational player.

Night Train
08-21-2006, 10:51 AM
Reed is a good blocker but still seems inconsistent catching the ball. I always consider a #2 WR to be a sure hands type who can run sharp patterns, in addition to having some blocking ability.

If that's the case, why isn't Martin Nance or George Wilson getting an opportunity ? I'm aware of the experience factor but Reed,Price and Andre Davis ( all 2nd round picks ) have experience at being drafted high and not playing to that ability as of late.

So why not try someone younger with better hands and more of an actual upside ?

The last buffalo fan
08-21-2006, 11:18 AM
What we need FIRST, is to have a QB starter. Then, all the wrs, could develop some chemitry. No QB, no WRS.

bigbub2352
08-21-2006, 12:23 PM
I dont care who is a QB, u dont consistently drop balls from 7-8 different Qb;s and not see it as a problem, he sucks we sorely need to move on with out this guy he is a certified bum, i gurantee if we do cut him you will never here from him in the nfl again

Historian
08-21-2006, 01:16 PM
Some guys just cant handle the pros.

Reed is one of them.

I figured he would get cut last year.

His last shot will be with Saban before he goes into the insurance business.

bigbub2352
08-21-2006, 01:20 PM
another thing about josh reed is that no matter who is QB was he had no chemistry that is a sign of a bad WR, Marv please cut this guy please

justasportsfan
08-21-2006, 01:26 PM
another thing about josh reed is that no matter who is QB was he had no chemistry that is a sign of a bad WR, Marv please cut this guy please
he was JP's outlet guy last year.

The last buffalo fan
08-21-2006, 01:37 PM
he was JP's outlet guy last year.

It is correct. Also, and what I was reading but can't remember where, the panthers got him for a try out. I like this guy, but I'm aware also that he is doing great in every and single TC, but while playing regular season, he drops a fews passes here and there, problem is, those passes were in critical times.

We can't wait for him more time, it is now or never.

bigbub2352
08-21-2006, 01:41 PM
if u read into that article they were looking to ad him as a 4-5th WR then when they seen the money buffalo gave him they opted to sign keyshawn for a little bit more money, i do think that JP looks to him alot, i agree with that, it doesnt necessarly mean it is a good thing, remeber JP played like crap last year, there has gotta be someone else out there come on some one better than him

ParanoidAndroid
08-21-2006, 01:56 PM
I think we saw his potential when he made that TD play at the end of the NE game last year which denied the shutout. He isn't a go-to receiver, so I agree that he shouldn't be our #2, but he has some ability to exploit soft spots in a zone and make good cuts for extra yards. He is a slot receiver, nothing more. I fully expect Peerless to show up and play fairly well. He is the only receiver we have capable of being a #2 receiver this year. Nance is a project who can't rely solely on his size or athleticism as he did in college. He has to be a complete receiver which means he needs to run better routes and explode out of his cuts better. I hope the Bills see that potential in him, because if they don't, someone else will.

mybills
08-21-2006, 02:03 PM
I fully expect Peerless to show up and play fairly well. He is the only receiver we have capable of being a #2 receiver this year.
I agree.

justasportsfan
08-21-2006, 02:18 PM
Here it comes...... I am willing to wait and see as far as Reed is concerned. Not even Moulds has been able to do anything since the constant qb , coaches, system changes.Reeds been on the same boat. This year is his make or break year IMO. If he still doesn't get it, Parrish can easily take his spot.

YardRat
08-21-2006, 03:05 PM
there were rumblings that the pick thrown by JP was not entirely his fault, that josh reed read the play wrong and they were not on the same page, i guess 3 years of practice will do that to you.

Both Jauron and JP stated in their post game press conference that the pick was JP's fault.

bigbub2352
08-21-2006, 03:10 PM
I have watched this guy stink up the feild for 4 years now and just because he will make a catch here or there we should take the weight and see approach, u know what happens to guys taken with the 4th pick in the second round who has what like 3-4 career TDS CUT, Andre Davis, is a prime example, so are guys like him the teams replace them not coddle them along saying he will come out of his shell, he hurts the play of the offense nothing more, he is awful

BillsFever21
08-21-2006, 03:46 PM
You mean some of these people who only 2 months ago was calling this "one of the best WR group in the league" is wrong?

He's listed as the #2 because the rest of them suck that bad. Price hasn't even caught a damn ball. He should've quit football like he thought about doing last year when he was suffering from depression because he wasn't wanted by another team and got released from Dallas.

Historian
08-22-2006, 07:59 AM
If it were me, I would put Evans and Parrish on the outside, and Aiken in the slot.

I think it gives us the best chance to move the ball.

Do what you want with the rest.

RedEyE
08-22-2006, 08:26 AM
Parrish has to be a front runner for the position. IMO, Parrish is running well and getting to the ball. from what I've read in practice, it seems the coaching staff is really focusing on timing with Losman and Parrish as well. Reed gives up every opportunity to own the position, but one has to wonder if his recent contract signing doesn't demand extra chances. Price hasn't done much of anything (unless he's "wowing" them in practice). Aiken and Davis have both fared well in later qrtrs.

Bill Cody
08-22-2006, 08:32 AM
The only thing Josh Reed has ever done well is block downfield for the ballcarrier. I was not happy when Marv gave him the huge extension either. One thing that scares me: if he's still technically the #2, maybe the guys behind him are doing even worse.

He even screws up blocking when it matters. 2 years ago in the Pitt game we were going in for the winning TD- on 3rd down the pass was completed for a 1st and goal but Reed was called for an illegal pick and on the following play we came up a yard short. Mularkey opted to kick, Lindell missed the chipee and we end up losing the game. Reed sucks.

bigbub2352
08-22-2006, 12:08 PM
I guess the real question here is are we a better offense with or without Josh Reed, I personally think that someone with hands and route running ability should serplant him, but i guess blocking is so important it keeps him in the starting lineup

justasportsfan
08-22-2006, 01:03 PM
I guess the real question here is are we a better offense with or without Josh Reed, I personally think that someone with hands and route running ability should serplant him, but i guess blocking is so important it keeps him in the starting lineupDavis hasn't done anything to take Reed's job away. Reed is still vital in JP's development being that he's JP's dump off guy.

Bill Cody
08-22-2006, 01:39 PM
Davis hasn't done anything to take Reed's job away. Reed is still vital in JP's development being that he's JP's dump off guy.

Reed's job? How do you figure it's his? He hasn't been a #2 since 2003 when he flat out failed to replace Peerless. Peerless has lost some speed, is practically blind in one eye and can't/won't block but he's still better than Reed. JP picked the wrong security blanket.

mysticsoto
08-22-2006, 02:04 PM
Davis hasn't done anything to take Reed's job away. Reed is still vital in JP's development being that he's JP's dump off guy.

Dump off guy or not, he continually drops the dump offs...he's useless!

justasportsfan
08-22-2006, 02:29 PM
Reed's job? How do you figure it's his? He hasn't been a #2 since 2003 when he flat out failed to replace Peerless. Peerless has lost some speed, is practically blind in one eye and can't/won't block but he's still better than Reed. JP picked the wrong security blanket.Reed's job is being JP's check down guy since JP's been here. No one has taken that away from him so far.. I just pointed out Davis because of speed and experience, I would've thought he could've beaten Reed. Looks like Parrish would be a better option than Davis who's been very quiet either at camp or preseason.

justasportsfan
08-22-2006, 02:31 PM
Dump off guy or not, he continually drops the dump offs...!not disagreeing here.

he's useless!tell that to JP. So far he isn't listening to any of us. Like I've said, Reed has been JP's favorite last year and so far this year in the short pass. Until JP get's comfortable with someone else, Reed isn't going anywhere.

Bill Cody
08-22-2006, 02:52 PM
Reed's job is being JP's check down guy since JP's been here. No one has taken that away from him so far.. I just pointed out Davis because of speed and experience, I would've thought he could've beaten Reed. Looks like Parrish would be a better option than Davis who's been very quiet either at camp or preseason.

He can still be the "check down guy" as the 3rd receiver if JP needs him that bad. The issue is who is #2. And to my knowledge that job is still not settled so it's not JR's to lose.

justasportsfan
08-22-2006, 02:57 PM
He can still be the "check down guy" as the 3rd receiver if JP needs him that bad. The issue is who is #2. And to my knowledge that job is still not settled so it's not JR's to lose.
JP has either Evans or Reed so far as his favorite "go to" guys. You can either look at it as no.1 and no. 2 or no. 1 and no. 3 without a no. 2.

That's not his fault. That's Moolarkey's fault.

I'm hoping JP get's comfy with the others (which is why I started this thread) especially since TE's and rb's are now part of the passing game

BillsFever21
08-22-2006, 03:01 PM
He even screws up blocking when it matters. 2 years ago in the Pitt game we were going in for the winning TD- on 3rd down the pass was completed for a 1st and goal but Reed was called for an illegal pick and on the following play we came up a yard short. Mularkey opted to kick, Lindell missed the chipee and we end up losing the game. Reed sucks.

That wasn't the play that lost the game. Bledsoe fumbling for a Pittsburgh TD was the clincher.

Bill Cody
08-22-2006, 03:01 PM
JP has either Evans or Reed so far. You can either look at it as no.1 and no. 2 or no. 1 and no. 3 without a no. 2.

That's not his fault. That's Moolarkey's fault.

I'm hoping JP get's comfy with the others (which is why I started this thread) especially since TE's and rb's are now part of the passing game

I think it has a lot more to do with Moulds being here last year as the #1 and guys like Davis and Price not being here and Parrish not seeing the field. I'll tell you if Reed is named #2 I pity JP. We tried that in 2003 and Reed just can't get open against starting CB's. We gave him a nice contract so I guess they plan on using him but it would be a huge mistake if he's higher than #3.