How can 82 still be considered front runner for #2 WR spot!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

How can 82 still be considered front runner for #2 WR spot!!!!!!!

I was a fan of josh reed for one year his rookie year, after that i have been saying we need to cut our losses and get a real WR in here, i was extatic when we signed and drafted WRs to replace this guy, but yet TD and Marv think he is going to be a good one, then we go out and pay him 2million a year, come on are u kidding me, he consistently drops passes and is slow, and a terrible route runner, plus i dont htink he is to smart either, there were rumblings that the pick thrown by JP was not entirely his fault, that josh reed read the play wrong and they were not on the same page, i guess 3 years of practice will do that to you.

Please tell me that we will cut him i am sick of even saying his name, i would rather keep Freddie Smith, George Wilson, Maritn Nance, Chris Denney, Andre Davis, or a FA that gets cut from another team, this guys just plain SUCKS, and will continue to SUCK, 2 games 3 drops nice!!
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: How can 82 still be considered front runner for #2 WR spot!!!!!!!

The only thing Josh Reed has ever done well is block downfield for the ballcarrier. I was not happy when Marv gave him the huge extension either. One thing that scares me: if he's still technically the #2, maybe the guys behind him are doing even worse.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Kerr
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Feb 2005

I too am trying to figure out what's going on with the wr position. I would have hoped Martin Nance would have done a lot better in training camp, but he sits at the bottom of the depth chart. A turnaround from Andre Davis was also expected. It seems he'll be nothing more than a situational player.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Reed is a good blocker but still seems inconsistent catching the ball. I always consider a #2 WR to be a sure hands type who can run sharp patterns, in addition to having some blocking ability.

If that's the case, why isn't Martin Nance or George Wilson getting an opportunity ? I'm aware of the experience factor but Reed,Price and Andre Davis ( all 2nd round picks ) have experience at being drafted high and not playing to that ability as of late.

So why not try someone younger with better hands and more of an actual upside ?
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
          I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
          • Sep 2004

What we need FIRST, is to have a QB starter. Then, all the wrs, could develop some chemitry. No QB, no WRS.
          The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• bigbub2352
            • Feb 2005

I dont care who is a QB, u dont consistently drop balls from 7-8 different Qb;s and not see it as a problem, he sucks we sorely need to move on with out this guy he is a certified bum, i gurantee if we do cut him you will never here from him in the nfl again
            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Historian
              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
              • Dec 2002

Some guys just cant handle the pros.

Reed is one of them.

I figured he would get cut last year.

His last shot will be with Saban before he goes into the insurance business.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

another thing about josh reed is that no matter who is QB was he had no chemistry that is a sign of a bad WR, Marv please cut this guy please
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                  another thing about josh reed is that no matter who is QB was he had no chemistry that is a sign of a bad WR, Marv please cut this guy please
                  he was JP's outlet guy last year.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                    I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    he was JP's outlet guy last year.
                    It is correct. Also, and what I was reading but can't remember where, the panthers got him for a try out. I like this guy, but I'm aware also that he is doing great in every and single TC, but while playing regular season, he drops a fews passes here and there, problem is, those passes were in critical times.

We can't wait for him more time, it is now or never.
                    The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• bigbub2352
                      • Feb 2005

if u read into that article they were looking to ad him as a 4-5th WR then when they seen the money buffalo gave him they opted to sign keyshawn for a little bit more money, i do think that JP looks to him alot, i agree with that, it doesnt necessarly mean it is a good thing, remeber JP played like crap last year, there has gotta be someone else out there come on some one better than him
                      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                        • Apr 2004

I think we saw his potential when he made that TD play at the end of the NE game last year which denied the shutout. He isn't a go-to receiver, so I agree that he shouldn't be our #2, but he has some ability to exploit soft spots in a zone and make good cuts for extra yards. He is a slot receiver, nothing more. I fully expect Peerless to show up and play fairly well. He is the only receiver we have capable of being a #2 receiver this year. Nance is a project who can't rely solely on his size or athleticism as he did in college. He has to be a complete receiver which means he needs to run better routes and explode out of his cuts better. I hope the Bills see that potential in him, because if they don't, someone else will.

Comment

• mybills
                          81 st zoner
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by andyxc71
                          I fully expect Peerless to show up and play fairly well. He is the only receiver we have capable of being a #2 receiver this year.
                          I agree.
                          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Here it comes...... I am willing to wait and see as far as Reed is concerned. Not even Moulds has been able to do anything since the constant qb , coaches, system changes.Reeds been on the same boat. This year is his make or break year IMO. If he still doesn't get it, Parrish can easily take his spot.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

there were rumblings that the pick thrown by JP was not entirely his fault, that josh reed read the play wrong and they were not on the same page, i guess 3 years of practice will do that to you.
                              Both Jauron and JP stated in their post game press conference that the pick was JP's fault.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X