PDA

View Full Version : So if Wilson is the one who calls which QB to start

ghz in pittsburgh
08-21-2006, 11:26 AM
http://www.wgrz.com/sports/sports_article.aspx?storyid=40610

Then I'll bet all my money on that Losman will start this season.

Looking back at the recent history: RJ started the Music City Miracle over Flutie, the sudden cut of Bledsoe after the first winning season in 6 years, Mularkay had to go over with Wilson in benching Losman ... you connect the dots and you get the picture.

Maybe, just maybe, all those rumours about Wilson being a meddling owner were not totally groundless. The question is to what extent or just the QB.

Maybe Wilson is right in his vision of a starting QB in NFL. But the concept of an owner giving orders that are clearly in a coach's arena bothers me. IT DOES!

My hope is that in Levy, Wilson may finally have someone he can trust at the GM position, someone whose words he can believe in so he won't demand as much as he used to.

As for who will be the starting QB this season, there is no suspense if you believe what you read in this article. The encouraging (maybe a coincidence) thing is that Losman this season looks to be finding the road to an NFL QB. Notice I said finding the right path but we don't know how fast he can travel or whether he will derail.

Stewie
08-21-2006, 11:41 AM
I might have missed it, but I didn't see where it said Wilson is deciding who starts. All I saw was that he wanted Bledsoe gone, and since he's the boss, I don't really see a problem with that.

Mr. Cynical
08-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Bottom line - the person most to blame for the lack of success in the last 11 years is RW. It all starts with him.

Goobylal
08-21-2006, 01:12 PM
And that's based on...what?

Jan Reimers
08-21-2006, 04:10 PM
If Ralph realizes that JP is the most gifted QB on this team and wants him to start. . . it means that even at 87, he is still a smart man.

ICE74129
08-22-2006, 06:34 AM
Bottom line - the person most to blame for the lack of success in the last 11 years is RW. It all starts with him.

Amen and Amen. Fire the Best damn GM In all of football because he didn't like your son in law the money man Litman, and then called your daughter a *****? (and she has been each time I have met her). So what? Thats PERSONAL, and being that personal and sensitive is not good BUSINESS.

Goobylal
08-22-2006, 07:48 AM
Without Wilson, you guys wouldn't have football to watch in Buffalo. And it's not as simplistic as having another owner step-in. Does anyone think that Snyder, Jones, Kraft, etc. would have stayed in the Buffalo market all these years?