PDA

View Full Version : JP is the best chance for success, so what do the Bills do to prepare him ?

Mitchy moo
08-21-2006, 01:49 PM
It seems fairly straight forward to me that JP is the most talented of our QB's in stock. I personally think that he needs to get all the reps and work with the first team all the time. We cannot have any further questions or descension in our ranks, time is of the essence. We work the kinks out now and when the season starts, we start bombing and running. Luckily for us, it look like we can do that.

What does everyone think?

ICE74129
08-21-2006, 03:39 PM
It seems fairly straight forward to me that JP is the most talented of our QB's in stock. I personally think that he needs to get all the reps and work with the first team all the time. We cannot have any further questions or descension in our ranks, time is of the essence. We work the kinks out now and when the season starts, we start bombing and running. Luckily for us, it look like we can do that.

he needs for DJ to grow a pair and name him the starter. Whomever vets get out of line with hit or don't support JP / The team in this decision are gone. This should be DJ's team, not ran by the players.

then 100% of the games though the season. Full support with it known he won't get pulled. THEN you will see if JP has 'it' or not.

Jan Reimers
08-21-2006, 04:12 PM
Just like you get to Carnegie Hall. . . Practice, Practice, Practice.

ibatiger
08-21-2006, 07:20 PM

I'd trade scrambling ability for a quick release and the ability to read a defense and run an offense without turning the ball over anyday. What we need is the best QB running the team. If Jauron doesn't get a serious look at Nall he is potentially making a collosial mistake. Losman had a chance to make that an unnecessary move, at least this year, but now it is more important than ever. Losman could still be the best option, but there is no way Jauron can make that decision now before he sees more of Nall. I doubt seriously that the starter will be named before this weekend. Why should he? He might very well have to change his mind or be in a worst quandry if Losman continues to turn the ball over. And if that happens and Nall plays well then the decision would be easy. If that doesn't happen and Nall still plays well, then the decision would be harder, but it would be based on as much information as possible. There is absolutely no reason to rush the decision. In fact, the opposite is true. It should not be made until after this weekend at the earliest. It is possible that it could even go down to the last game.

ICE74129
08-21-2006, 07:50 PM
I'd trade scrambling ability for a quick release and the ability to read a defense and run an offense without turning the ball over anyday. What we need is the best QB running the team. If Jauron doesn't get a serious look at Nall he is potentially making a collosial mistake. Losman had a chance to make that an unnecessary move, at least this year, but now it is more important than ever. Losman could still be the best option, but there is no way Jauron can make that decision now before he sees more of Nall. I doubt seriously that the starter will be named before this weekend. Why should he? He might very well have to change his mind or be in a worst quandry if Losman continues to turn the ball over. And if that happens and Nall plays well then the decision would be easy. If that doesn't happen and Nall still plays well, then the decision would be harder, but it would be based on as much information as possible. There is absolutely no reason to rush the decision. In fact, the opposite is true. It should not be made until after this weekend at the earliest. It is possible that it could even go down to the last game.

And this is why you should never coach. This isn't fantasy football or madden. The longer we wait, the worse it hurts the team in the regular season. JP should be named, if DJ had the sac he would have been named today.

YardRat
08-21-2006, 08:34 PM
And this is why you should never coach. This isn't fantasy football or madden. The longer we wait, the worse it hurts the team in the regular season. JP should be named, if DJ had the sac he would have been named today.

:roflmao:

Okay, Coach "I'm telling you from personal experience that all QB competitions are sham and Jauron has it all set up to name Holcomb the starter."

:lmao: Credibility: Lost.

Topdog
08-21-2006, 08:40 PM
Holcomb may be named the starter............... does that mean its the best for the Team? I think not! Its like a Nascar Driver, if he only drives a couple of Races , how in the hell, is he supposed to get the experience?

Answer........ He won't! pure and simple!

Why not take our lumps... sure he's going to fall on his Face at first, but other than a very select few, who hasn't!!!!

chubluv
08-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Cut KH, Let Nall start against Cleveland & make a decision right after the game on wether its JP or CN and lets get ready for the Patriots.

YardRat
08-21-2006, 09:00 PM
Holcomb may be named the starter

Not a chance in hell from where I'm sitting, unless both JP and Nall get hurt against Cleveland. Holcomb had his chance and didn't perform anywhere near well enough to even be considered at this point.

ICE74129
08-21-2006, 09:02 PM
:roflmao:

Okay, Coach "I'm telling you from personal experience that all QB competitions are sham and Jauron has it all set up to name Holcomb the starter."

:lmao: Credibility: Lost.

First off I have never cared for 'credibility' on a message board. That said, FACTS are thats what DJ Wanted. Seems now he is willing to accept any excuse possible NOT to go ahead and name JP the starter.

Another weak yes man Headcoach.

YardRat
08-21-2006, 09:12 PM
And what FACTS would those be?

Holcomb starting on the road against a tough defense and playing one quarter while JP played two plus against scrubs?

JP starting at home and once again playing a full half, while Holcomb played the third?

JP getting twice as much game time in the two games thus far? JP getting more first-string reps in practice the last two weeks?

If the QB competition is indeed a sham, it's tilted in JP's favor, not Holcomb's.

Mitchy moo
08-22-2006, 11:28 AM
First off I have never cared for 'credibility' on a message board. That said, FACTS are thats what DJ Wanted. Seems now he is willing to accept any excuse possible NOT to go ahead and name JP the starter.

Another weak yes man Headcoach.

Lobbying for JP again, what a suprise. On another post, you said we need to get another QB here, so which is it? JP or another QB?

You are more confused than a alzheimer's (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=alzheimer%27s&spell=1)
patient w/ Adult AHDH.