PDA

View Full Version : Trade Price

Jeff 311
02-22-2003, 08:44 PM
I say trade him if Atlanta doen't get David Boston. If we can get a first round pick for him it sounds like a good idea.

Mr. Miyagi
02-22-2003, 08:54 PM
I think it needs to be more than just 1 first round pick. Package it up with a 3rd round pick would be nice.

ublinkwescore
02-22-2003, 10:45 PM
Tom Donahoe will get like 2, and all we gotta do, is not match the offer made by another team (while he's still Franchise tagged), hope peerless accepts their deal, and fail to match the offer, and Bye Bye Peerless, hello 2 first rounders.

Maybe it would be nice to see Peerless go to Miami - that way they won't have 2 first rounders in the next two seasons.

And we'll for sure have a better season then they will next year - which means that we'll get a better first round then a lot of teams - especially if we get the pleasure of adding 2 to the L collumn next year (which we will as we all know).

ublinkwescore
02-22-2003, 11:06 PM
I'm sure that Nate Clements and Antoine Winfield know him pretty good, and are quite capable of covering him.

Doc
02-22-2003, 11:10 PM
The Bills won't get 2-1st rounders for Peerless. I'd be happy with just a 1st rounder and ecstatic with anything more. Heck even getting ANY pick would be fine, when he otherwise (i.e. if the Bills didn't have the cap room to FP him) would have gotten them nothing by leaving.

ublinkwescore
02-23-2003, 09:06 AM
You just might be surprised - Price would be an excellent fit in Atlanta. Michael Vick, and Peerless Price could play streetball all day long against opposing defenses.

I'd be quite happy to see Keion Carpenter come back here though if we did trade with Atlanta. Keion Carpenter is an excellent cover safety - with a nose for the ball. And he's not affraid to endanger his body - as seen in the Philadelphia game where he got injured.

ublinkwescore
02-23-2003, 09:08 AM
And he's played here with some of the people we've got on D - Winfield, Newman (if he stays), Pat Williams, Chris Watson (hopefully he's gone - Kevin Thomas is the man).

kgun12
02-23-2003, 12:44 PM
I know this isn't a popular view, but give me a couple of new footballs, my 5 million or any dollar amount over 3 million a year (with signing bonus) back, and a chance to go get ANY and ALL the defensive help we need. I don't want to settle on a couple of or a lesser free agent because of PP. Without him we have a better Wr crop than 3 out of the last 4 Super Bowl winners. Fix the D, we can go out and get a decent FA WR to play the #3, Reed is a good #2.

Now having said that, if Moulds wasn't already here than I would say keep PP, but Moulds is here, byby PP.

Stewie
02-23-2003, 12:49 PM
I think we should be able to get a first rounder for peerless. I mean, if a team is going to draft a WR in round 1 and commit say 18 million over five years to a wide receiver with no guarantee of future success, why not give up your pick and try to get peerless to sign a 3 or 4 year contract for that 18 mil and pay a little more per year for guaranteed production? Granted, whatever team would have to give Peerless more up front money than a draft pick, but signing P would also energise a franchise much more than any 1st round WR this year, even charlie rodgers. WR's take time to acclimate to the NFL. What top receiver, except for Moss, took the league by storm recently?

If peerless does not get traded and there is defensive help available, donahoe can remove the tag and the cap room returns. If we can sign peerless to a 3 year contract with a 6 million signing bonus, he'll only count 2mil + first year salary against the cap, which is absolutely manageable. If worst comes to worst, Peerless plays out the year with a high cap value.

If i was a WR i'd be happy to be franchise every year. I'd take out insurance against injury and thank my GM every year he tagged me. That means the salary goes up at least a guaranteed 20% every year. Do the math, if you were lucky enough to get paid for 4 or 5 years of that you'd be doin quite well.

Bufftp
02-23-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by kgun12
I know this isn't a popular view, but give me a couple of new footballs, my 5 million or any dollar amount over 3 million a year (with signing bonus) back, and a chance to go get ANY and ALL the defensive help we need. I don't want to settle on a couple of or a lesser free agent because of PP. Without him we have a better Wr crop than 3 out of the last 4 Super Bowl winners. Fix the D, we can go out and get a decent FA WR to play the #3, Reed is a good #2.

Now having said that, if Moulds wasn't already here than I would say keep PP, but Moulds is here, byby PP.
I concur Kgun.