PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network, Eisen's a jerk!!

HHURRICANE
08-21-2006, 08:36 PM
I'm listening to Total access on my way home and Eisen, talking with Woodson, brings up the QB situation in Buffalo. Fletcher had said earlier in the day that Losman was maturing and was the front runner. Eisen acting surprised said that if Losman was the starter it was going to cause a "skism" (no f...g clue what that is) and the vets on the D were going to be upset!! Rod Woodson basically said that the Bills needed to go with the future and to let JP take his lumps. Eisen pressed saying that some of the Vets wanted to get to the playoffs now and intimiated that it could cause problems in the locker room. Woodson than commented that at the end of the day the team comes first and you need to be a team player and what's best is to develop Losman.

Eisen was definately trying to make this an issue. This is exactly why I hate the media.

YardRat
08-21-2006, 08:40 PM
Woodsen 'was a dick' not too long ago when he expressed the opinion that Holcomb was going to be the starter in Buffalo.

Is he 'OK' now that he's switched allegiences to JP?

HHURRICANE
08-21-2006, 08:45 PM
Woodsen 'was a dick' not too long ago when he expressed the opinion that Holcomb was going to be the starter in Buffalo.

Is he 'OK' now that he's switched allegiences to JP?

I am pointing out that Eisen was trying to create an issue that doesn't exist.

As far as Woodson he did think Holcomb was going to be the starter a while back. I didn't say that Woodson's a good guy.

Goobylal
08-21-2006, 09:09 PM
Woodson probably changed his mind because he saw Holcomb play last year and in training camp/pre-season THIS year. And Eisen would have a point...IF Holcomb proved that he was worth anything, veteran or not. Woodson should have told Eisen that Holcomb can't get the job done period, so why bother going with him.

Drive 4 Five
08-21-2006, 10:29 PM
It's his job to raise questions.

hydro014
08-21-2006, 11:12 PM
if Holcomb would be the starter we still wouldnt make the playoffs anyway, so we might as well find out if JP is the man. If we go 2-14, or 3-13 than we draft Brady. No matter what, we're rebuilding. I dont see us having a great season, but if we do have great season it shows good promise for the future. Anyone who really follows the Bills knows that Holcomb is not going to take us any farther than JP this year. Give us 3-4 years and we'll be back to were the Bills belong, the playoffs. Eisen dose not know anymore than what what we know, he just has to fill a TV segment.

billsburgh
08-21-2006, 11:37 PM

As far as Woodson he did think Holcomb was going to be the starter a while back. I didn't say that Woodson's a good guy.
that's because Eisen is a clueless putz who does absolutely no research and is only going by what happened last year. it's painful to listen to his interviews on total access. it sounds as if he puts no time into the preparation.

Jan Reimers
08-21-2006, 11:57 PM
I'm listening to Total access on my way home and Eisen, talking with Woodson, brings up the QB situation in Buffalo. Fletcher had said earlier in the day that Losman was maturing and was the front runner. Eisen acting surprised said that if Losman was the starter it was going to cause a "skism" (no f...g clue what that is) and the vets on the D were going to be upset!!

A schism is a rift, or split, as in a difference of opinion or philosophy. I don't think this is at all the case with starting Losman, as he seems to be gaining favor with most of his teammates.

Most of the media thrive on creating controversy where none really exists.

feelthepain
08-22-2006, 12:28 AM

He was simply playing devils advocate. I watched it on TV and with those guys, it's about
creating controversy with every teram they cover. I wouldn't take it personally.

don137
08-22-2006, 05:48 AM
A schism is a rift, or split, as in a difference of opinion or philosophy. I don't think this is at all the case with starting Losman, as he seems to be gaining favor with most of his teammates.

Most of the media thrive on creating controversy where none really exists.

I agree...The problem with the media is there is so many media outlets that they have to fill space. As a result they try to fill the space up by talking about things that really is not an issue. Many times when you have two guys talking in the media they play good cop against bad cop. That's all this is. I think JP is earning the respect of the the veterans.

LtFinFan66
08-22-2006, 06:07 AM
Overall I think he does a great job on there. He is a likeable enough guy....they could do a lot worse....like Deion for instance

ICE74129
08-22-2006, 06:25 AM
Eisen is a funny guy. It was woodson all over Holcomb in a love fest just 4 weeks ago, so I wouldn't worry about it.

HHURRICANE
08-22-2006, 09:04 AM
It's his job to raise questions.

I have no problem with raising questions or playing "devil's advocate". But yesterday Eisen tried to create the controversy. Woodson, who I don't think is a big Losman fan, actually did a good job of difusing it. Eisen acted is if it was a well known fact that if JP starts the vet's on the D are going to have an issue. That's when I got pissed. It was irresponsible journalism at it's finest: creating a story without any fact or basis.

Goobylal
08-22-2006, 09:13 AM
Exactly. It's like Eisen never got the memo that the players have moved-on from Holcomb, which shows poor prep work.

PromoTheRobot
08-22-2006, 09:14 AM
that's because Eisen is a clueless putz who does absolutely no research and is only going by what happened last year. it's painful to listen to his interviews on total access. it sounds as if he puts no time into the preparation.
It's called "make crap up." Eisen's a pro at it.

PTR

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-22-2006, 09:15 AM

That's why ESPN didn't renew his contract! he was like on Sportscenter every night.

justasportsfan
08-22-2006, 09:44 AM
That's proof that national media is clueless about the situtation and haven't been keeping up w/ present times. This wasn't the first time the so called vet situation ws talked about on NFLN. Eisen was just relaying what he heard from the other analist who said the same thing a month ago but was totally clueless about what was up to date . They even talked about Moulds being vocal about wanting Holcomb and didn't even mention MOulds has no say anymore because he's gone.

billsburgh
08-23-2006, 11:53 PM
While watching tuesday night edition of total access, Eisen was doing this crap again. He was talking to Steve Smith on Panthers cam. One of his questions to Smith was if he would be ready to go for the season opener. Smith's response went something like this "if everything keeps going like it is now, I should be ready". I didn't sense any doubt at all. After the interview was over, Eisen was discussing it with Woodson trying to start another controversy by saying something like " Wow, Steve Smith doesnt sound very confident that he'll be playing on opening day." what a bunch of BS

LtFinFan66
08-24-2006, 12:58 AM
While watching tuesday night edition of total access, Eisen was doing this crap again. He was talking to Steve Smith on Panthers cam. One of his questions to Smith was if he would be ready to go for the season opener. Smith's response went something like this "if everything keeps going like it is now, I should be ready". I didn't sense any doubt at all. After the interview was over, Eisen was discussing it with Woodson trying to start another controversy by saying something like " Wow, Steve Smith doesnt sound very confident that he'll be playing on opening day." what a bunch of BSI have to agree that he didn't sound too confident:idunno:

~CHIEF~
08-24-2006, 02:32 AM
Dude was trying to put words in rod's mouth!

IAG
08-24-2006, 02:21 PM
He probably wanted to say Losman stinks.

dplus47
08-24-2006, 02:36 PM
eisen discussed the situation as "hypothetical" in my opinion. he was stating the obvious, really. i know everybody here wants it to be all about JP, but there are other people on the team as well. people here claim that there was a "revolt" against JP among veterans last year, and now eisen is "irresponsible" for wondering aloud if it could happen again? i know at least some of you must be wondering it to yourselves.