• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

What do ya think the chances are that

Lets assume its his team, not that far of a reach.

Who do we got that is most likely to play 70% out there if JP loses us some games early?

Seriously, the reason the team seemed to play better for KH last year is that you had lockeroom babies eating away at the motivation the players had to give it there all. Comments about hopelessness, never win anything with JP.

It is what it is. There will be players out there who will only care about their version of success, hopelessly assuming we can win it all with KH or other. I personally watched many fans right here on this site call for JP's head because they were not willing to sacrifice a single game for the good of our future. I think the comment is, "you dont play to lose". Sounds great but lacks any vision beyond one game. I think we now see what that concept bought us.

Anyways, Im just wondering who the vet or other will be that just goes through the motions out there until JP shows he can win games.

I hope its no one.

• billsburgh
    • Jul 2003

Re: What do ya think the chances are that

Hopefully, with this so called "competition", the rest of the team will see that the best option at qb for this team is JP and we wont have to worry about that problem anymore.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
      • May 2003

Originally posted by billsburgh
      Hopefully, with this so called "competition", the rest of the team will see that the best option at qb for this team is JP and we wont have to worry about that problem anymore.
      One could only hope.

Comment

• djjimkelly
        • Apr 2003

i believe it would be the coaching staffs job to catch the loafers and deal with them immediately. i dont care how profile the player is if hes loafing becuz his pick isnt playing at qb or any other position it would cause me to either suspend without pay "ALA' TO last year or outright cut. this coaching staff needs to send a msg its their way or too bad. and that goes at all positions not only the qb

Comment

• bflojohn
          • Aug 2005

Three of the clubhouse lawyers are gone now that Moulds, Adams, and Milloy recieve their mail elsewhere. The only backlash that could rear its ugly head is with the veterans that didn't voice displeasure with J.P. last year, but still might harbor the same distain for a young QB who won't win to a playoff level this year. I agree, this is where management and coaching come into play! Jauron and Levy MUST weed out the bad seed on this team IF it does indeed still exist!!

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one."

If JP can't prove to the rest of the team that he's capable of improving his ability on the field to the point where he's an asset to the team and not a detriment, then he's the one that should be jettisoned.

Hopefully, that won't even be an issue. The determining factor will be JP himself.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
              "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one."

If JP can't prove to the rest of the team that he's capable of improving his ability on the field to the point where he's an asset to the team and not a detriment, then he's the one that should be jettisoned.

Hopefully, that won't even be an issue. The determining factor will be JP himself.
              Not really. He can improve all HE wants, if the Vets tank it then the TEAM Fails. But then the Vets will point to JP. Did you not watch last year? It happened then and its funny...JP is still here and several vets are not. Hopefully this staff has the guts to cut the rest that have issues.

Its your job to go out and give 100% each game and do YOUR Job. It doesn't matter who the QB is, RB is, etc. Do YOUR Job and let the rest fall where it may

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

Zero.

Jauron will not stand for it.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jp-era
                  Lets assume its his team, not that far of a reach.

Who do we got that is most likely to play 70% out there if JP loses us some games early?

Seriously, the reason the team seemed to play better for KH last year is that you had lockeroom babies eating away at the motivation the players had to give it there all. Comments about hopelessness, never win anything with JP.

It is what it is. There will be players out there who will only care about their version of success, hopelessly assuming we can win it all with KH or other. I personally watched many fans right here on this site call for JP's head because they were not willing to sacrifice a single game for the good of our future. I think the comment is, "you dont play to lose". Sounds great but lacks any vision beyond one game. I think we now see what that concept bought us.

Anyways, Im just wondering who the vet or other will be that just goes through the motions out there until JP shows he can win games.

I hope its no one.
                  33%

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Rod Woodson finally said something smart. He said it isnt' about those veterans on D that want to win now. Its about the future of this franchise and the TEAM getting on track. Whats best for this TEAM is JP starting 16 games and seeing if he gets it or not.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                      • Sep 2004

Are we lining up the potential excuses for JP now? "JP would have been great but the team quit on him..."

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DrewBlueFan
                        Are we lining up the potential excuses for JP now? "JP would have been great but the team quit on him..."
                        No why?

Comment

• EricStratton
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                          Rod Woodson finally said something smart. He said it isnt' about those veterans on D that want to win now. Its about the future of this franchise and the TEAM getting on track. Whats best for this TEAM is JP starting 16 games and seeing if he gets it or not.

I agree with Woodson on the first part but I'm a bit surprised he went ahead and endorsed JP directly to start.

Usually those guys are fairly vanilla.

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DrewBlueFan
                            ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I will hold JP FULLY accountable for HIS actions.

I will hold the TEAM fully accountable for our record!!!!!

Thats the difference.

Holcomb wasnt too much better than Losman last year, and this year hes worse. The TEAM went 5 and 11. Anyone who watched the first 3 or 4 games watched our defense stink up the joint. Last time I checked, JP doesnt play on defense.

If our record isnt too much better this year, it will be because of the team.

I fully expect JP to have good and bad games.

This concept the team lives and dies by the QB is simply ******ed.

Im firmly behind JP as the choice, our best choice at QB. I also believe that he will be a great looking young QB by seasons end, barring injury.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                              No why?
                              It's real simple: players don't quit on a QB they believe in, a QB that is a leader and who inspires them. THAT'S JP's JOB. If they quit, it's 110% on him. And this is not a veteran team anyway- it's probably the youngest team in the league.

Comment

Working...
                              X