• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Bledsoe

No one cares to comment on Drews position as a starter after last nights game?

Gotta wonder where some of you get your "inside info".
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bledsoe

Topdog started a thread about that loser.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

he played very well ..... against the saints.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

drew has always been and always will be Captain Kill-the-crappy-defense.

like to see what he would have done against carolina.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The King
          • Jun 2004

Thats ok, there were 40 threads here about how he was going to lose his job. There can be 2 about how the teams owner said there was no chance he was going to put a team with this kind of talent in the hands of a QB who has never taken a regular season snap.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
            ..in preseason...

Actually, I thought Terry Glenn had the game of his career.

Comment

• The King
              • Jun 2004

BTW I am not referring to Drews play last night at all. I am talking about the teams owners comments.

His play speaks for itself.
              It was all

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

The ESPN interviewer kept asking Bledsoe about the possibility of Romo starting, during the post game. Something must have been said.

Mr. August will struggle during the 2nd half of the season and have a thousand excuses why it isn't him. The Cowboys 2-4 finish last season took them right out of the playoffs. That brought back memories of the 2004 Steelers game when Bledsoe completed 15 passes to Field Turf against 2nd and 3rd stringers, with a playoff spot on the line.

I don't cut players. Players cut themselves ~ Marv Levy.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Bill Cody
                  • Sep 2004

The Cowboys are going to the playoffs this year with Drew.

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DrewBlueFan
                    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

Dallas may go to the playoffs with TO. Without him, forget it. It's TO's team, and they'll sink or swim with him. Just like the Eagles.
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                        Nice lob passes for TD's...My gradmother could throw a football like that too. To give Bledsoe props for those TD's you might as well give him props for tying his shoelaces.

PTR
                        10 Commandments of the D
                        1. Never stop Rocking.
                        2. Legalize all drugs.
                        3. Quit your day job.
                        4. All Religion should be taxed.
                        5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                        6. F**k her gently.
                        7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                        8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                        9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                        10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by MBBedard
                          No one cares to comment on Drews position as a starter after last nights game?

Gotta wonder where some of you get your "inside info".
                          He had a good game. He had to, he was going to lose his job. Bottom line Parcells isn't going to change his mind in regards to romo taking over after just one preseason game for Bledsoe.

Romo will be starting by about mid season

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DrewBlueFan
                            LMAO WAKE UP! not going to happen. Your boy is on the bench come game 7. BTW do I need to provide you a link to the cowboys board again? You really need to be over there

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Come on guys. Bledsoe played well. However, listening to Theisman massage him all night was pretty annoying.

I knew Bledsoe would play well last night. The problem is, and has always been, that he hangs onto the ball forever. When Bledsoe was in NE, Parcells would stand behind counting to 4 and than screaming "throw". The guy is averaging 50 sacks a year. That's nuts!!

This is going to be the same replay as Bledsoe's last year in Buffalo. When they need the win to get into the playoffs he's going to choke and Dallas is going to miss out. He'll be cut in favor of Romo and Bledsoe will be starting on yet another roster because of his "hall of fame' stats.

Theisman left out one important part. When the game is on the line Bledsoe isn't going to win it for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X