PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe

The King
08-22-2006, 07:09 AM
No one cares to comment on Drews position as a starter after last nights game?

Gotta wonder where some of you get your "inside info".

mybills
08-22-2006, 07:14 AM
Topdog started a thread about that :limp: loser. :snicker:

Tatonka
08-22-2006, 07:19 AM
he played very well ..... against the saints.

Tatonka
08-22-2006, 07:20 AM
drew has always been and always will be Captain Kill-the-crappy-defense.

like to see what he would have done against carolina.

The King
Thats ok, there were 40 threads here about how he was going to lose his job. There can be 2 about how the teams owner said there was no chance he was going to put a team with this kind of talent in the hands of a QB who has never taken a regular season snap.

RedEyE

..in preseason...

Actually, I thought Terry Glenn had the game of his career.

The King
08-22-2006, 07:21 AM
BTW I am not referring to Drews play last night at all. I am talking about the teams owners comments.

His play speaks for itself.

Night Train
08-22-2006, 07:27 AM
The ESPN interviewer kept asking Bledsoe about the possibility of Romo starting, during the post game. Something must have been said.

Mr. August will struggle during the 2nd half of the season and have a thousand excuses why it isn't him. The Cowboys 2-4 finish last season took them right out of the playoffs. That brought back memories of the 2004 Steelers game when Bledsoe completed 15 passes to Field Turf against 2nd and 3rd stringers, with a playoff spot on the line.

I don't cut players. Players cut themselves ~ Marv Levy.

Bill Cody
08-22-2006, 08:42 AM
The Cowboys are going to the playoffs this year with Drew.

mybills
08-22-2006, 08:45 AM
:roflmao:

Philagape
08-22-2006, 09:06 AM
Dallas may go to the playoffs with TO. Without him, forget it. It's TO's team, and they'll sink or swim with him. Just like the Eagles.

PromoTheRobot
08-22-2006, 09:13 AM
Nice lob passes for TD's...My gradmother could throw a football like that too. To give Bledsoe props for those TD's you might as well give him props for tying his shoelaces.

PTR

ICE74129
08-22-2006, 09:26 AM

He had a good game. He had to, he was going to lose his job. Bottom line Parcells isn't going to change his mind in regards to romo taking over after just one preseason game for Bledsoe.

Romo will be starting by about mid season

ICE74129
08-22-2006, 09:27 AM

LMAO WAKE UP! not going to happen. Your boy is on the bench come game 7. BTW do I need to provide you a link to the cowboys board again? You really need to be over there

HHURRICANE
08-22-2006, 09:29 AM
Come on guys. Bledsoe played well. However, listening to Theisman massage him all night was pretty annoying.

I knew Bledsoe would play well last night. The problem is, and has always been, that he hangs onto the ball forever. When Bledsoe was in NE, Parcells would stand behind counting to 4 and than screaming "throw". The guy is averaging 50 sacks a year. That's nuts!!

This is going to be the same replay as Bledsoe's last year in Buffalo. When they need the win to get into the playoffs he's going to choke and Dallas is going to miss out. He'll be cut in favor of Romo and Bledsoe will be starting on yet another roster because of his "hall of fame' stats.

Theisman left out one important part. When the game is on the line Bledsoe isn't going to win it for you.

THATHURMANATOR
08-22-2006, 09:35 AM

He will most likely start.
I didn't have any insider info just the many reports on ESPN, CBS sportsline, Thesportingnews.com, Fanball.com, etc that his starters position was in jeapordy.

Ickybaluky
08-22-2006, 11:48 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if Romo gets put in there at some point during the season.

With Drew, the earlier in the season and the more meaningless the game, the better he plays.

He always fades late in the year and is a dreadful playoff performer. When he does that this year, they will give Romo a shot. Letting an untested guy they like play is a better option than putting your playoff hopes on a guy who has made a career of choking in big games.

Kerr
08-22-2006, 11:51 AM
Topdog started a thread about that :limp: loser. :snicker:

that says it all.

TacklingDummy
08-22-2006, 11:51 AM
It's TO's team, and they'll sink or swim with him. Just like the Eagles.

The Eagles team that went to 4 straight NFC Championship games without TO. :rolleyes:

THATHURMANATOR
08-22-2006, 11:53 AM
TD I think you are confused. This isn't a JP thread....

Iehoshua
08-22-2006, 11:54 AM
Bledsoe sucks!

:bravo:

billsburgh
08-22-2006, 12:09 PM
that game didn't mean anything, that's why he played well

BillsFever21
08-22-2006, 03:43 PM
Bledsoe's problem is he doesn't stay focused on football long enough to do well for an entire season. If he was dedicated to the game in the offseason and ect.. he probably would've been a great QB. Instead he is only average with a bunch of passing yards because of all the attempts. He can't lead a team anywhere though.

He has always been the same. He gets released and has something to prove. He goes to the new team and lights it up the first 6 games or so and then his lovers will say "I told you so"

Shortly after he loses his focus and goes in the tank and the team barely wins another game the rest of the season and misses the playoffs.

That is Drew Bledsoe.

pats-were-right
08-22-2006, 04:20 PM
Bledsoe's problem is he doesn't stay focused on football long enough to do well for an entire season. If he was dedicated to the game in the offseason and ect.. he probably would've been a great QB. Instead he is only average with a bunch of passing yards because of all the attempts. He can't lead a team anywhere though.

He has always been the same. He gets released and has something to prove. He goes to the new team and lights it up the first 6 games or so and then his lovers will say "I told you so"

Shortly after he loses his focus and goes in the tank and the team barely wins another game the rest of the season and misses the playoffs.

That is Drew Bledsoe.

Yes, exactly. I would add that in this case the "something to prove" was the threat of being benched.

Mr. Cynical
08-22-2006, 05:42 PM

...in preseason

Mr. Cynical
08-22-2006, 05:48 PM
Putting aside it was the saints and in preseason for a moment...

Did you see the acrobatics worthy of Barnum and Bailey that Glenn had to make to catch those passes?

It will be the same old story as it has been for 13 years with him. He'll pad his numbers against crappy defenses and fold like a house of cards against any good ones. His performances against good Ds over the last 13 years prove this beyond any doubt.

paladin warrior
08-23-2006, 12:31 AM
The Cowboys are going to the playoffs this year with Drew. Naww Bledsoe Drew will sack many time and fumble the ball.. Eagle's, NY Giant's are hot