PDA

View Full Version : Simmons may not be a FA after all.. grrr

Tatonka
02-22-2003, 11:36 PM
Seahawks | Making a Hard Run At Simmons - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
15:42 PT: Updating previous reports, Mike Sando for the Tacoma News Tribune reports the Seattle Seahawks are making a hard push to re-sign LB Anthony Simmons. Defensive coordinator Ray Rhodes and linebackers coach John Marshall met with Simmons on Tuesday in South Carolina to discuss a return to the team. “I think we’re pretty close on the contractual stuff,” said Seahawks head coach Mike Holmgren. “And then, he has to want to be here. He has to want to be in Seattle.”

damn i hope he hits the market so we can make a run at him... i think he is the guy i want the most this offseason besides claiborne...

come on simmons.. seattle sucks.. come join a team that is going the right way.

TypicalBill
02-23-2003, 12:05 AM
do they have the cap room to sign him? they used a tag on their left tackle and i read somewhere that by doing that they have a small chance of getting simmons back.

Doc
02-23-2003, 07:25 AM
They have a load of cap room, more than enough to accomodate Jones and Simmons. I just hope he's sick of the place and wants to leave.

TigerJ
02-23-2003, 07:13 PM
Philadelphia and Barber's agent on the other hand appear to be at an impasse. I don't think Barber is as fast as Simmons, but he's a good a LB.

Tatonka
02-23-2003, 07:49 PM
simmons is much younger though.. he is not as good as he is going to get at this point.. barber is.

SABURZFAN
02-23-2003, 08:20 PM
if we don't get simmons,we make a push for somebody else.

Tatonka
02-23-2003, 10:14 PM
i am sure we will.. but we all have our favorites ;)

SABURZFAN
02-23-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i am sure we will.. but we all have our favorites ;)

you're right.i hope they talk john skorupan out of retirement.

:jk: