• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Hypothetical for next season-You're the GM

I'm not trying to be a pessimist about this season, but let's just say Jake Plummer is available next season after being cut in favor of a younger Jay Cutler.

Our qb situation is still in ruins by the end of the season, which means that jp was an absolute failure.

Do you draft another qb and endure more rebuilding seasons or do you sign a veteran like plummer to try and contend? What's your call if you're the GM???
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Hypothetical for next season-You're the GM

Originally posted by Kerr
    I'm not trying to be a pessimist about this season, but let's just say Jake Plummer is available next season after being cut in favor of a younger Jay Cutler.

Our qb situation is still in ruins by the end of the season, which means that jp was an absolute failure.

Do you draft another qb and endure more rebuilding seasons or do you sign a veteran like plummer to try and contend? What's your call if you're the GM???
    Nall takes over and or Plummer AND we draft a QB. Move up in the draft if we have to.

JP would be allowed to go on his way.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

Wow are you off base here. Dude, let's see what happens this year. I personally think JP gets "it" and rolls to a great year. We have a sutd RB and a better line and JP can run out of trouble. We'll do just fine, let it happen.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
        Nall takes over and or Plummer AND we draft a QB. Move up in the draft if we have to.

JP would be allowed to go on his way.
        This from a guy who started 130 threads on how JP must start and has 580 dedicated posts that somehow find ways to mention the neccesity JP starting?

Ice, you really need ritalin and/or a girlfriend.

Comment

• Kerr
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
          Wow are you off base here. Dude, let's see what happens this year. I personally think JP gets "it" and rolls to a great year. We have a sutd RB and a better line and JP can run out of trouble. We'll do just fine, let it happen.

Ease down skooby, it's only a hypothetical. It's something different from all the *****y and whiny threads.

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

This from a guy who started 130 threads on how JP must start and has 580 dedicated posts that somehow find ways to mention the neccesity JP starting?

Ice, you really need ritalin and/or a girlfriend.
            See this from a guy that claims to read my posts and never really does. I said JP needs 16 games and full support from the coaching staff to see if he gets it. Its the ONLY way we find out IF he is the guy for us.

There is a chance he could get all of that support an it still not click for him. If it doesnt', then we are one more offseason away from being a playoff team (Address the damn OL MARV!!!!!) if that is the case and JP isn't it, go get a veteran like plummer and draft a guy to develop for 2 years

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
              See this from a guy that claims to read my posts and never really does. I said JP needs 16 games and full support from the coaching staff to see if he gets it. Its the ONLY way we find out IF he is the guy for us.

There is a chance he could get all of that support an it still not click for him. If it doesnt', then we are one more offseason away from being a playoff team (Address the damn OL MARV!!!!!) if that is the case and JP isn't it, go get a veteran like plummer and draft a guy to develop for 2 years
              You have said JP must start more than anyone here, I will assure you of that. As per the long term, if JP plays more often he should get better and better. We can see him and Evans are a sure hook-up during almost everygame and Willis is ready to run, so if it works why even think about breaking it up?

It's seems mildy ignorant to call for someone so much and then say there are to be replaced in the near future. Let see if the boys can ball, if so keep them running.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Plummer stinks IMO.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                  Plummer stinks IMO.
                  I agree. Denver drafted Cutler for a reason.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Pass on Plummer thanks
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                      Pass on Plummer thanks
                      I don't like Plummer either, but if it's between him and a completely unproven rookie, what do you do?

I wouldn't be opposed to getting Plummer and trading up in the draft to get Quinn, the idea being that Plummer is the stopgap until Quinn is ready. That might be difficult with the cap, though.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

The Bills should of cut KH and signed Brian Griese this year.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

he didn't say anything about JP- it's a "what if". Right now, we don't know if JP's gonna get it or not. So, if he doesn't get it, what next? Hopefully the Bills FO has some kind of contingency in case this happens.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Yes cause Griese would have taken us to the playoffs....

I know you hate JP but why keep bringing in old veterans who have never done all that much. If we completely blow this year(as well as JP) I would be all for drafting your boyfriend Quinn.

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                              The Bills should of cut KH and signed Brian Griese this year.
                              I actually thought they would to be honest. I said in a post that I really thought BG would be a bill and if he had, JP would have been gone and they would have drafted a QB at #8

Comment

Working...
                              X