PDA

View Full Version : JP's Deep ball options

justasportsfan
08-22-2006, 12:58 PM
Just watched the replay of the bills bengals game again and....

PRICE:
"On Lee's touchdown I was wide open on the other side,"

He was right. Price was in single coverage and burned his man.
JP did look Price's way and decided to go to Evans who was in double coverage. Not that it was wrong, but JP needs to get comfortable w/ Price if he's to succeed going deep.

Price:
"I know that J.P. is comfortable with Lee right now," said Price. "He's been his man and they came into the league together. I know if I keep working and keep making plays then he'll start trusting me and throw me the ball too."

Evans will be the premier wr on this team and I expect D's to double team him. We still have Reed, Parrish, Royals, Everrett and Aiken (who may be finally stepping up as a wr and there's also Nance) up the middle.

The sooner JP trusts the other wr's, the sooner he'll be a weapon at the qb position instead of a caretaker. Marsha never cares if the guy he was/is throwing to was/is a rookie or a vet.

ON another note... if he does distribute the ball well, teams may have to pick their poison. Willis, A-Train and Gates are bruising backs that could wear down DL's. We all know a tired DL is gonna give the qb more time to throw.

Here's hoping everything falls into place.

Go BILLS!!!!

bigbub2352
08-22-2006, 01:04 PM
i think that with davis, peerless, roscoe, and evans u have 4 out of 5 receivers all running 4.3's so u throw in size WR likes sam aiken and martin nance who might be PS, then u still have george wilson and josh reed who r slow and suppossed to be sure handed, we will se but the top 4 should make coverage hard especially when u got royal everett and willis now all able to catch the ball as well as gates and thomas, even czeilak is more of a threat then campbell was

ICE74129
08-22-2006, 01:05 PM
I saw that and agree. He needs to start trusting peerless and PP was as wide open as Evans was.

He has to correct that before safetys start baiting him into int's

justasportsfan
08-22-2006, 01:08 PM
I saw that and agree. He needs to start trusting peerless and PP was as wide open as Evans was.

He has to correct that before safetys start baiting him into int's
Evans and Price can be our 1-2 punch just like Drew's 1st year here. Price has something to prove and is hungry. He knows this is his last chance.

bigbub2352
08-22-2006, 01:11 PM
I think peerless just needs to have a few thrown to him to get his confidence up, he was extrememly confident his first run thru Buff, you give him a couple of deep balls and i think he will really open and become the threat he was in the past, u cant teach speed, and we have alot of it it is hard to match those 4 WR's we mentioned with a nickel or coverage package

bigbub2352
08-22-2006, 01:13 PM
anybody know why my rep keeps going up and down, also how do u give rep or get it, also how do u get more zone buks or give them away, never figured that out???help?

justasportsfan
08-22-2006, 01:18 PM
I think peerless just needs to have a few thrown to him to get his confidence up, he was extrememly confident his first run thru Buff, you give him a couple of deep balls and i think he will really open and become the threat he was in the past, u cant teach speed, and we have alot of it it is hard to match those 4 WR's we mentioned with a nickel or coverage packagePrice was supposedly having a great camp. This leads me to believe that it's because of Holcomb who also distributes the ball to whoever.

Since KH has sucked at preseason, Price too has suffered in those games . There's was one throw JP made to Price that hit the ground and never made it to Price.

Earthquake Enyart
08-22-2006, 01:42 PM
The whole mess is disconcerting.

In 2 games, the TE's have caught 3 passes. Davis 2, Parrish 2, and Price 0.

Not much of a tryout.

Meathead
08-22-2006, 01:46 PM
its nice to have a coaching staff you can believe

the reality is that despite our giddy home optimism about price (me too) the reality is he was a question mark. but if the coaches say they are happy with him then im happy with him

he doesnt need to catch any balls in the preseason to know what we will get out of him. just like before it will be mostly long balls, although i think his maturity will help him improve on possession routes as well. still, i doubt hes going to be running patterns through the middle too often so it will be mainly two burners on the outside

thats not bad but burners sometimes cant do enough to move the chains reliably so you definitely need the 3rd wr to fill that role if possible. usually the 3 is the speedster to try to take advantage of the nickel back but if price starts i can see the 3 being the tricky guy, like crebet or randel el. they would also likely rotate reed and parrish situationally into the 2 role, reed more than parrish

of course the te's could change that as well but so far i dont have confidence any of our tes will be good enough to really threaten the middle. we will see but im not counting that chicken until i see it walkin

if price is good to go that really brings some good flexibility to the wr lineup. its nice to know youre not getting dicked around when the coach speaks. i really do like the feel of dick

Bill Cody
08-22-2006, 01:46 PM
I'm sure when the film gets broken down these things are pointed out to JP. Price isn't the guy we had in 2002 but he's still a better player than Reed. IMO we need to give Parrish a chance as the slot guy. With a young QB you need a guy who can turn the quick out or the quick slant into a 1st down. That ain't butterfingers but it could be Parrish. Evans-Price-Parrish could be a solid combo.

Just because Reed has been JP's binky is no reason to play him when he's small, slow and has hands of stone. Parrish may be a shrimp but he's a fast shrimp.

justasportsfan
08-22-2006, 01:55 PM
its nice to have a coaching staff you can believe

the reality is that despite our giddy home optimism about price (me too) the reality is he was a question mark. but if the coaches say they are happy with him then im happy with him

he doesnt need to catch any balls in the preseason to know what we will get out of him. just like before it will be mostly long balls, although i think his maturity will help him improve on possession routes as well. still, i doubt hes going to be running patterns through the middle too often so it will be mainly two burners on the outside

thats not bad but burners sometimes cant do enough to move the chains reliably so you definitely need the 3rd wr to fill that role if possible. usually the 3 is the speedster to try to take advantage of the nickel back but if price starts i can see the 3 being the tricky guy, like crebet or randel el. they would also likely rotate reed and parrish situationally into the 2 role, reed more than parrish

of course the te's could change that as well but so far i dont have confidence any of our tes will be good enough to really threaten the middle. we will see but im not counting that chicken until i see it walkin

if price is good to go that really brings some good flexibility to the wr lineup. its nice to know youre not getting dicked around when the coach speaks. i really do like the feel of dickthis is what I'm exxactly what I'm hoping for. That a TE steps up and both he and Evans will be headaches for DB's thus taking away any thoughts of Price being on the field.

Teams will have their top db's on Evans and I think Price can deal with facing a 2nd or 3rd cb on single coverage.

ICE74129
08-22-2006, 02:00 PM
anybody know why my rep keeps going up and down, also how do u give rep or get it, also how do u get more zone buks or give them away, never figured that out???help?
Your post count helps it go up as does thanks. What makes it go down is people negging you.

bigbub2352
08-22-2006, 02:09 PM
drewbluefan refer to my reed article i agree one hundred percent, reed suks and for our offense to take a step forward we need to have him off the feild, i would sacrfice his blocking for a receveir who can actually catch and get open and has alittle speed

bigbub2352
08-22-2006, 02:11 PM
what the hell is negging mean, thanx ice

Kelly The Dog
08-22-2006, 02:21 PM
Losman did exactly what he should have done on that play. They both ran hitch and goes. Losman looked to Price's side first, and then went back to Evans. While by the end of the play you could see Price even more wide open than Evans was, it wasn't that way when Losman looked there. Price was just making his hitch move. That wasn't an example at all of avoiding Price or not looking his way enough. He knew they were both running the same route, he looked one way and then threw the other.

ICE74129
08-22-2006, 02:22 PM
what the hell is negging mean, thanx ice If someone doesn't like you they can neg rep you. It just takes away from your rep points

The last buffalo fan
08-22-2006, 02:56 PM
If someone doesn't like you they can neg rep you. It just takes away from your rep points

:negrep:

Night Train
08-22-2006, 02:59 PM
I still don't trust Price but regardless, the top 3 Receivers on this team should be Evans, McGahee and Royal. Parrish will see some in the #3 slot, in addition to returning punts.

I really don't see why we need both Price and Reed at the expense of others.

TigerJ
08-22-2006, 03:36 PM
I agree too, but I did note that even though double covered Evans had them beat by 5 yards by the time the ball arrived. The DBs were not a threat for either one of them.

Meathead
08-22-2006, 03:48 PM
a team is usually handicapped if its 1 and 2 wr positions dont lead the team in catches

ShadowHawk7
08-22-2006, 03:54 PM
I also think Wilson and JP have developed some sort of rapport, and if given the chance, he might make some plays for us. Just a thought.

casdhf
08-22-2006, 04:30 PM
:negrep: I love this guy!

TacklingDummy
08-22-2006, 04:39 PM
what the hell is negging mean, thanx ice

It's when someone tells the "realistic" side of the story and the "homers" don't want to hear it.