PDA

View Full Version : This year is going to be a big year!!!!

BILLSROCK1212
08-22-2006, 04:17 PM
The Bills aren't one of the best teams in the NFL but they are trying to become that and this year will help them become that in the future. The Bills offense is in for a big year especially JP Losman. Losman has one of the best young arms in the NFL. Remember last year was his first season playing in the NFL. Give him a chance. It's a big adjustment from college to the NFL and he seemed to be getting it last year at times but at other times he just had soo much riding on his shoulders he just screwed up. Lee Evans is as fast as lightning and the tight ends we have are underated threats over the middle. Teams will forget what Josh Reed 'could' do and the same with Roscoe Parrish and don't forget it isn't that hard for Andre Davis to burn you. And with a good QB and a good connection with the QB Peerless Price could shine. If JP doesn't play well this year then forget it he isn't our franchis QB but right now I believe he and the rest of our WRs can shine!!!!

At running back we all know Willis McGahee is going to be the starter and now that he is down to his college playing weight he should be much quicker and more explosive than he has been in past years. The back up job is between Anthony Thomas who had his best years under Dick Jauron in Chicago and Lionel Gates the second year player from Louisville who backed up Eric Shelton who is now with the Carolina Panthers but is in danger of losing his job, Lionel Gates seems to have the edge but both should produce well as the back up or at least more than Shaud Williams did last year. Shaud is fourth on the Bills depth chart only ahead oof Joe Burns who normally only contributes on special teams (which Shaud may do this year) and as a back up fullback to Damion Shelton. Shelton in fact may be in danger of losing his job to Alan Ricard the former starting fullback for the Baltimore Ravens in Jamal Lewis' best years. Tight end seems to be Robert Royals job because he is the blocker the Bills have been looking for at tight end and he is a big red zone target. Ryan Neufeld right now is second on the depth chart but is in a battle with Kevin Everett the 2nd year player who missed all of last season after tearing his achilles last season in the rookie mini camp, Brad Cieslak is battling it out for a job is possibly an H-back or a third string tight end spot.

The offensive line has been going down hill ever since the Bills lost Ruben Brown to the Bears a couple of years ago. Thus far into camp the left tackle spot seems to belong belong to Mike Gandy who was picked up last year from the Bears where he played four seasons playing in thirty two games starting thirty of them. In his first year in Buffalo he started all sixteen games showing the Bills that he had some talent. The left guard spot belongs to Tutan Reyes a free agent pick up from Carolina where he played in fourteen games starting twelve of them in four years with the Panthers, but all of his games played game last season. The center spot seems to belong to Melvin Fowler but sooner or later could belong to second year player Duke Preston out of Clemson, Preston is also battling it out out for the right guard spot that now belongs to veteran Chris Villarial but it could belong to Preston by midseason. The right tackle job belongs to Jason Peters who was an undrafted free agent who switched positions from tight end to tackle and has been doing a pretty good job at the position, Dylan McFarland and rookie Brad Butler are battling for the back up job and both may get a spot on the fifty three man roster or one may end up on the practice squad. Everyone on the offense has something to prove this season, some may and some may just not cut it for next season.

On defense London Fletcher, who is the center piece of this defense is going to if not has entered the down side of his career and Takeo Spikes is very close to. Which is why it is important that guys like Liam Ezekial and Wendell Hunter step up like they have and are showing what they can give to the Bills in the upcoming years. Angelo Crowell did it last year and the landed him a starting job this year. It's also a year for the Ryan Denney versus Chris Kelsay battle to finally end. Although Chris Kelsay is starting Ryan Denney could just as easily start if he produced up to his potential. This is also a big year for John McCargo who is coming out of North Carolina State who was picked by the Bills with the 26th overall pick this year that was aquired by trade with the Chicago Bears. He played on the star powered defensive line that included the first overall selection defensive end Mario Williams who was drafted by the Houston Texans and defensive end Manny Lawson who was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers. Larry Tripplett was not a fulltime starter in Indianapolis and now comes to the Bills where he is expected to play the majority of every game but if he is not able to than McCargo will get the chance to step in and show what he's got in his case to become a starting defensive tackle for the Buffalo Bills if not this year than in the coming years. Kyle Williams out of Louisiana State University the Bills fifth round pick in the 2006 draft has already stepped up and is first on the Bills depth chart ahead of Tim Anderson the third year veteran out of Ohio State.

Troy Vincent will be starting at free safety and will help teach and help the Bills fourth round pick out of South Carolina free safety Ko Simpson who will play mostly special teams this season. At short safety, Matt Bowen a free agent pick up from Washington is first on the Bills depth chart but Donte Whitner is challenging him for the starting spot and with Matt Bowen being injured for the past couple weeks Donte Whitner may have the starting job by opening day. At cornerback the Bills are pretty much set with one of the leagues best cornerback duos with Terrence McGee who is a special teams star and the Bills franchise player this offseason and former pro bowler Nate Clements starting opposite him. Jabari Greer and Eric King are battling it out for the nickelback spot but Eric King seems to have edge. The Bills drafted Ashton Youboty in the third round out of Ohio State and he should be active on special teams and could eventually step into the nickelback spot but for now he is battling it out for the number four spot on the depth chart with whoever loses the battle for the nickelback spot. The defense is pretty young and some of these guys are tring to prove what they can do in the future. This year the Bills probably won't make the playoffs. Right now it's more of an evaluation year, for players to show what they've got and what they can contribute to the team in the coming years but at the same time they will try and win and the coaching staff will do what's best for the team and what gives the team the best chance to win.

Amare
08-22-2006, 04:22 PM
Let's hope so!

TheBrownBear
08-22-2006, 04:25 PM
How do you expect anyone to read that?

THATHURMANATOR
08-22-2006, 04:26 PM
Damn pillow biters.

BILLSROCK1212
08-22-2006, 04:30 PM
How do you expect anyowhy wne to read that?

I don't. I wouldn't even read it if I hadn't typed it. If anyone does though that's great. I am just voicing my opinions.

BillsFever21
08-22-2006, 04:59 PM
Have you ever heard of a paragraph?

L.A. Playa
08-22-2006, 05:00 PM
that post looks like the ****ing matrix

!Papacrunk!
08-22-2006, 06:12 PM
I think he should edit out the periods so it would be one long sentence.

Voltron
08-22-2006, 06:43 PM
Wys ... is that you?? :huh:

Voltron
08-22-2006, 06:47 PM
BTW I thought Gandy was very consistent last year. Most of the sacks came thru the Turnstile Left Guard position. Maybe It was more that I didn't expect much from him and he surpassed expectations but he did well.

The_Philster
08-22-2006, 07:33 PM
BTW I thought Gandy was very consistent last year. Most of the sacks came thru the Turnstile Left Guard position. Maybe It was more that I didn't expect much from him and he surpassed expectations but he did well.
ditto...I was expecting an average LT if we were lucky...He was pretty solid

L.A. Playa
08-22-2006, 07:54 PM
there is a position called short saftey ???

BILLSROCK1212
08-23-2006, 11:28 AM
there is a position called short saftey ???
ok a little typo my bad i ment strong safety g-d do make a big deal over nothing

L.A. Playa
08-23-2006, 11:29 AM
ok a little typo my bad i ment strong safety g-d do make a big deal over nothing

im just messin around with you

BAM
08-23-2006, 11:39 AM
Awesome post! I read it three times!

Kerr
08-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Let's hope so!

Go suns!

BILLSROCK1212
08-23-2006, 11:50 AM
ditto...I was expecting an average LT if we were lucky...He was pretty solid

srry for not explaining myself correctly i rewrote that but still dont feel that i got my point across i did my best though