PDA

View Full Version : Realistic game commentary...

HHURRICANE
08-22-2006, 07:13 PM
Okay people I just watched the game and...

1) Those who think that Nall should be the starter after that game need their head examined. He was okay against 3rd stringers but I didn't see anything yet that tells me he's got a chance and beating out Losman. The posts about Nall being the starter went from over zealous to stupid.

2) Holcomb, bye-bye. He had 5 throws and one almost got picked off.

3) A-train is starting behind McGahee. Gates had no footwork. I was disappointed and for a guy who needs to play lights out he didn't.

4) Losman lost his rythm after Reed dropped a "for sure" catch. JP proceeded to throw 2 uncatchable balls to wide open receivers one being Peerless. The interception has Reed's finger prints on it as noted by Steve Tasker. He was supposed to take the coverage with him. He hesitated which made the coverage jump on the QB. On the fumbles Losman deserves the first one. No question that he hung onto the ball too long. The second one goes to the center with a bad snap and a blown block. It was a freak hit as well. Losman was average at best but could have looked better without the Reed drop and the 2nd fumble.

5) I feel sick that I defended Reed and his re-signing during the off-season. He sucks, he's stupid, and I am hoping we cut his ass.

6) I thought we were going to have Clements returning kicks again. He needs to because the only thing he's "shutting down" with his performance are TV's in Buffalo.

7) The OL actually looked better than I thought it would.

8) Denney on D looks like a new player. I can't believe this was the same bum from last year.

Any other thoughts?!!

ICE74129
08-22-2006, 07:16 PM
I think it has been funny reading the JP haters take on the game. He looked just fine. The fumbles and short passes can be corrected....WITH MORE EXPERIENCE!

Name JP the starter and end it.

Turf
08-22-2006, 07:28 PM
Reed looks like hell, always has to me. So he caught a few balls at the end of last year. He's a lazy unmotivated player, I can't believe they inked him again.

YardRat
08-22-2006, 07:33 PM
Those who think that Nall should be the starter after that game need their head examined. He was okay against 3rd stringers but I didn't see anything yet that tells me he's got a chance and beating out Losman.

I'm not saying Nall should start, but I'd like to see him get extended action against Cleveland and have the opportunity to play with the first string offensive line.

Losman lost his rythm after Reed dropped a "for sure" catch.

I hope you're not referring to the one that was thrown low, and Reed attempted to go down after it. Losman put the ball whee he was supposed to, but it was anything but a "for sure catch".

The interception has Reed's finger prints on it as noted by Steve Tasker. He was supposed to take the coverage with him. He hesitated which made the coverage jump on the QB.

Losman said it was his fault. Jauron said it was JP's fault. I'll take their word for it.

On the fumbles Losman deserves the first one. No question that he hung onto the ball too long. The second one goes to the center with a bad snap and a blown block. It was a freak hit as well.

They were both his fault...it's his job to protect possession of the football...especially when the protection breaks down.

Denney on D looks like a new player. I can't believe this was the same bum from last year.

Denney loves the new D and thinks it plays to his strengths.

Kelly The Dog
08-22-2006, 07:53 PM
On the INT, Losman was simply fooled by a gambling D and he paid the price. It didn't matter what Reed did, even though he blew what he was supposed to do, too. The DB assigned to cover Reed went up to the line and blitzed. Losman saw it and immediately threw to the flat thinking Reed would be there and uncovered. The safety Ratliff didnt cover anyone and simply gambled that this is what Losman was going to do and got it before anyone including Reed would have.

JP just blew it but Jauron came right out and said they didn't game plan for the Bengals, JP wasn't coached to react to that and didn't blame him for it. That wasn't the same kind of mistake and misread that Holcomb made. It was a great call and gamble and play by the defense against an inexperienced guy in a pre-season game.

What was really great was Fairchild immediately picking on the jump-happy Ratliff on the very next series. The hitch and go that Evans worked perfectly was that same guy who bit bad and was burnt for a TD.

Typ0
08-22-2006, 07:58 PM
Okay people I just watched the game and...

1) Those who think that Nall should be the starter after that game need their head examined. He was okay against 3rd stringers but I didn't see anything yet that tells me he's got a chance and beating out Losman. The posts about Nall being the starter went from over zealous to stupid.

I might be able to shed some light on that for you...see point 4 below:

4) Losman lost his rythm after Reed dropped a "for sure" catch. JP proceeded to throw 2 uncatchable balls to wide open receivers one being Peerless. The interception has Reed's finger prints on it as noted by Steve Tasker. He was supposed to take the coverage with him. He hesitated which made the coverage jump on the QB. On the fumbles Losman deserves the first one. No question that he hung onto the ball too long. The second one goes to the center with a bad snap and a blown block. It was a freak hit as well. Losman was average at best but could have looked better without the Reed drop and the 2nd fumble.

JPs problem is not bad snaps or not holding onto the ball too long...the problem is he isn't protecting the ball the way he should be. He's going to get the start but if he keeps putting the ball on the ground and losing us games he's coming out. This "he didn't have a full year to mature" blowhard crap just doesn't cut it. JP is a third year QB in the league and has had three full offseasons to work and prepare. Enough of the excuses he has to learn quickly to protect the ball.

HHURRICANE
08-22-2006, 08:22 PM
I hope you're not referring to the one that was thrown low, and Reed attempted to go down after it. Losman put the ball whee he was supposed to, but it was anything but a "for sure catch".

When you sign a new 10 million dollar contract that's a for sure catch. Watch the replay.

Losman said it was his fault. Jauron said it was JP's fault. I'll take their word for it.

I never said it wasn't JP's fault. However, Jauron and Tasker both pointed out that Reed knew what was going to happen and by heistationg caused the defender to jump the ball. I'll take their word for it.

They were both his fault...it's his job to protect possession of the football...especially when the protection breaks down.

Agreed, but it didn't matter who was behind center on the second fumble because the ball was coming out. Watch the replay.

billsburgh
08-22-2006, 09:08 PM
I think it has been funny reading the JP haters take on the game. He looked just fine. The fumbles and short passes can be corrected....WITH MORE EXPERIENCE!

Name JP the starter and end it.
no you dont understand. he CANT improve and never will. he will always suck.

sarcasm off now. Thanks to Roethlisberger, everyone expects a young qb to be great from the moment he takes the field. if he isn't great from the beginning he's a bust. almost all qb's need experience to get better.

The_Philster
08-22-2006, 09:10 PM
Thing is...Big Ben wasn't all that great his rookie season....all he had to do was not make big mistakes because he had a loaded team around him.

billsburgh
08-22-2006, 09:37 PM
Thing is...Big Ben wasn't all that great his rookie season....all he had to do was not make big mistakes because he had a loaded team around him.
true, but all everyone will remember is is 13-1 record as a starter or whatever it was his rookie season and winnning the super bowl his second season. it's that old saying that the qb gets too much of the credit when they win and too much of the blame when they lose.

Goobylal
08-22-2006, 09:43 PM
I heard it was raining during those 2 fumbles as well. And in the Miami game, Culpepper fumbled but Ronnie Brown recovered. Frankly I'm not going to worry and say that those 2 fumbles were a sign of him having a fumbling problem.

Philagape
08-22-2006, 10:00 PM
Since QBs aren't really hit in practices, offseason does little to help them learn to protect the ball.