PDA

View Full Version : Call it the alcohol, but im psyched about this year!

X-Era
08-22-2006, 10:18 PM
Ya know, I just watched the BB.com thingy on the new O scheme and how Fairchild and Co. is quizing JP. I then caught a few of JPs nice throws.

Why the hell cant this be last years Bengals?

Evans is fantastic. I mean anyone who could catch up to that long ball JP threw. Thats amazing. Its an uncoverable route. Evans is faster than 90% of the league, add in JP's ability to throw long, thats a recipe for plenty of long TD's.

McGahee showed something we havent seen from him as a NFL pro yet, the speed he had in college. Thats huge. He flat out ran with the Bengals DB's fo rthe long TD.

Royal has shown he can grab the short JP routes with the best of them. No, hes not the next Shockey, but can he be a Metzellars type TE? yeah I can see that.

Our D flat out fly's to the ball. Ive watched enough preseason at this point and I know that we arent going to have a problem with wearing down. This team is fast on D. Were gonna get pressure this year, thats for sure. I love our secondary depth, I love our LB starters, and I love our D-line starters.

We are studs on special teams still. Noty sure theres better in the league on ST.

Overall, I see no reason we cant be a suprising team this year. Our schedule is tough early, but we have some easier games through the sched.

This is a darkhorse team. I love our head coach with playoff experience.

No rose solored glasses here. I just see us being at worst, last years fins, at best last years Bengals.

~CHIEF~
08-22-2006, 10:52 PM
Now lets hear what the "realists" have to say!

im4bflo
08-22-2006, 11:03 PM
Alcohol definitely helps me get psyched :snicker2:
I swore, I wouldn't get too pumped like I did for the GW and MM era's, the fall was too painful. But damn it... here we go again!
GO BILLS!!!!!!!!! :xtreme:

billsburgh
08-22-2006, 11:11 PM
after watching the Bengals game today, I too am getting more psyched about watching this team. sure there will be some growing pains throughout the year. but the potential is there for some excitement. The deep threat of JP to Evans is only going to help Willis because the D cant stack the line like they did last year with Holcomb. they have to respect the deep ball. Unfortunately, it's going to come down to how well the new O-line can come together and give JP the time he needs and open holes for Willis.

Typ0
08-23-2006, 12:20 AM
it's going to come down to JP Losman protecting the football and not making the OLine look like crap because he is indecisive. If he can get his act together this is at least a decent football team.

billsburgh
08-23-2006, 12:32 AM
it's going to come down to JP Losman protecting the football and not making the OLine look like crap because he is indecisive. If he can get his act together this is at least a decent football team.
that's why he should have played more last year. all that time he lost by being jerked around by Mularkey would have been valuable in his development.

Typ0
08-23-2006, 12:39 AM
that's why he should have played more last year. all that time he lost by being jerked around by Mularkey would have been valuable in his development.

maybe a little bit but too many people are burying their heads in the sand saying this is some monumental thing in his development. This isn't high school football. He's a professional. Do the work on the field or off that's what you are getting paid for. When your number is called be ready to play the best you can. No more of this BS please.

billsburgh
08-23-2006, 01:35 AM
maybe a little bit but too many people are burying their heads in the sand saying this is some monumental thing in his development. This isn't high school football. He's a professional. Do the work on the field or off that's what you are getting paid for. When your number is called be ready to play the best you can. No more of this BS please.
what BS would that be? Players need to play to get better, quarterbacks especially. What's really BS is how so many people say that since JP sucked his first 8 starts that he is a bust and will never get any better.

HAMMER
08-23-2006, 08:33 AM
what BS would that be? Players need to play to get better, quarterbacks especially. What's really BS is how so many people say that since JP sucked his first 8 starts that he is a bust and will never get any better.

Great post, it takes playing time, and JP hasn't had much. I am very confident that the light will be coming on for him by mid-deason and we will see some fireworks.

HHURRICANE
08-23-2006, 08:49 AM

Excellent post. Let's not forget that it was 8 unconsecutive starts. The kid has been under a microscope since he got here. Everybody forgets that Jim Kelly played 2 years in the USFL before he showed up here in Buffalo. The kid's got an arm and is an athlete. I see most of his issues related to maturity and playing time. I can't wait when he starts lighting it up with Evans, McGahee and Royal. Just remember all of the Holcombnites and JP Haters half way throught the season.

ShadowHawk7
08-23-2006, 12:43 PM
Were gonna get pressure this year, thats for sure. And I love our D-line starters.
No rose solored glasses here.
:eek:

We have been torched thru the air with the 1st teamers mainly due to the lack of pressure imo.

PcA125
08-23-2006, 01:36 PM
But the defense is very blah in preseason. Dont send many people