X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • I Hate Aqua Green
    • Aug 2006

How To Survive '06

The way I see it, 6 wins is probably the absolute ceiling for this squad this season and it could be as bad as 2-14 (with both wins coming over the Jets). So I go into this season with absolutely no expectations and a repeat of last season's 5-11 mark would be a pleasant surprise. But I am not going to judge this season in terms of wins and losses because to do so would be painful and pointless. Instead I'm going to judge the success of the season on if the Bills improve in certain areas that have been driving me nuts for years (specifically the O-Line and cutting down on untimely penalties). Other areas that I am hoping the Bills improve upon is at quarterback (obviously) where I think that JP Losman should get the nod simply because the Bills traded away a first rounder for him and you have to give a young QB more than a season to show what he has. Terry Bradshaw (who was absolutely brutal in his first few seasons in Pittsburgh) would never have been allowed to win 4 Super Bowls in the current NFL, where the term "bust" is thrown at someone far too quick and teams cut their so called losses. We'll see how JP does with Fairchild (who I thought was a great get for B-Lo). Also, you have to have a better unit protecting a young QB and helping to develope a consistent running game (where Buffalo has one of the league's best backs in McGahee). It all starts up front with the offense and, to me, this is the #1 reason that Bills have not made a playoff appearance for as long as it has, so we'd better improve there. I'm also looking forward to seeing if the younger guys (like Whitner, McGargo, Yobouty, Everett and Parrish) can develope. On defense, I'm interested to see how the Bills do in Jauron and Fewell's defensive scheme and, with Spikes back and Crowell now a fixture with him and Fletcher, the Bills have a solid corps of LBs and should'nt give up 5 yards per carry this year. '06 could very well be a long, hard year for us die-hards (my advice to you is to drink heavily). But there are other ways to look at the season except in terms of Ws and Ls.

-JUST BEAT MIAMI ONCE!!!!!
  • CuseJetsFan83
    Closet Bills Fan
    • Nov 2004

Re: How To Survive '06

Originally posted by I Hate Aqua Green
    The way I see it, 6 wins is probably the absolute ceiling for this squad this season and it could be as bad as 2-14 (with both wins coming over the Jets). So I go into this season with absolutely no expectations and a repeat of last season's 5-11 mark would be a pleasant surprise. But I am not going to judge this season in terms of wins and losses because to do so would be painful and pointless. Instead I'm going to judge the success of the season on if the Bills improve in certain areas that have been driving me nuts for years (specifically the O-Line and cutting down on untimely penalties). Other areas that I am hoping the Bills improve upon is at quarterback (obviously) where I think that JP Losman should get the nod simply because the Bills traded away a first rounder for him and you have to give a young QB more than a season to show what he has. Terry Bradshaw (who was absolutely brutal in his first few seasons in Pittsburgh) would never have been allowed to win 4 Super Bowls in the current NFL, where the term "bust" is thrown at someone far too quick and teams cut their so called losses. We'll see how JP does with Fairchild (who I thought was a great get for B-Lo). Also, you have to have a better unit protecting a young QB and helping to develope a consistent running game (where Buffalo has one of the league's best backs in McGahee). It all starts up front with the offense and, to me, this is the #1 reason that Bills have not made a playoff appearance for as long as it has, so we'd better improve there. I'm also looking forward to seeing if the younger guys (like Whitner, McGargo, Yobouty, Everett and Parrish) can develope. On defense, I'm interested to see how the Bills do in Jauron and Fewell's defensive scheme and, with Spikes back and Crowell now a fixture with him and Fletcher, the Bills have a solid corps of LBs and should'nt give up 5 yards per carry this year. '06 could very well be a long, hard year for us die-hards (my advice to you is to drink heavily). But there are other ways to look at the season except in terms of Ws and Ls.

while i understand this is your first time posting (at least thats what ur counter shows) this is the new guy area, like intros.... you should post this in the main area....

j-e-t-s
    jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla *****
      • Jul 2002

Welcome to the Zone!

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

Make that twice.

And this historian absolutely loves your screen name!

Welcome...you will fit in well here!

Comment

• Voltron
          • Jul 2002

Welcome!
          Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
          - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
          -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
          - Mark Twain

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Welcome, and while I'm not quite as pessimistic as you, I don't really expect the Bills to have a great record, either. What will be a successful season for me includes better coaching, a young team improving and playing together, fewer penalties, a team-first, never-say-die attitude, and a smarter, more professional football team.

I think Levy and Jauron are putting together a young and talented squad which should be a contender by next season.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Hello, and welcome to the Zone.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

Welcome! I'm with Jan on this. I'm no where near predicting playoffs, but I am expecting the Bills to finish in the middle of the pack this year. I'm saying 7-9/8-8. A lot will depend on JP Losman's development of course. If he really bl,ossoms and does so soon, they could have a few more wins. If he does not show much better than he's doing right now, the team could finish down where you're expecting. I hope you're wrong though.

BTW, Jan, I've forgotten how old you are. You're just a bit older than me right? I'm 54.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                  Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                  • Mar 2003

a repeat of last season's 5-11 mark would be a pleasant surprise.
                  Well, in that case, you're going to be one hell of a happy camper this year.
                  "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                  -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                    • Apr 2004

Terry Bradshaw (who was absolutely brutal in his first few seasons in Pittsburgh) would never have been allowed to win 4 Super Bowls in the current NFL, where the term "bust" is thrown at someone far too quickly and teams cut their so called losses.
                    Excellent Comment!!!

Welcome to the Zone! Here's a hundred zonebucks!

I think we'll hit 7 wins, so don't you fret.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Welcome to the zone!
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
                        • Aug 2005

to Billszone!

Comment

Working...
                        X