PDA

View Full Version : NHL gamers.... and a jersey question

CuseJetsFan83
08-23-2006, 12:38 AM
NHL 2k7 from 2kSports - 19.99

NHL 07 from easports - 29.99

both come out on september 12th, and are supposedly having the new jerseys..... just wondering what everyone elses' favorite is???

personally i like both, and even liked the gretzky franchise (mainly because of the ahl teams included)

and secondly, i live in syracuse, which means there are no more vendors of hockey jerseys, and i really hate ordering online..... the weekend of the bills home opener i will be staying in buffalo, where is a good place to go? the galleria, or somewhere else??

SkateZilla
08-23-2006, 03:00 AM
2K7 For the 360, 07 For the Xbox/PS2/Other

BlackMetalNinja
08-23-2006, 11:23 AM
I got NHL 06 for PS2, it was only 29.99 when it came out and it rules. EA would have to really mess up to make that game not worth the money this year. I haven't played the 2K series however.

THATHURMANATOR
08-23-2006, 11:51 AM
2k6 was horrendous last year so I don't know.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-23-2006, 11:54 AM
Just bought Madden 07 yesterday and I pre-ordered NHL07, I asked if NHL07 will have the Sabres new jerseys in it and they said they will not have the New Jerseys in it because the Sabres missed the deadline to submit the new jerseys. :mad: the Sabres will be unveiling the new jerseys Sept 24th

CuseJetsFan83
08-23-2006, 01:20 PM
Just bought Madden 07 yesterday and I pre-ordered NHL07, I asked if NHL07 will have the Sabres new jerseys in it and they said they will not have the New Jerseys in it because the Sabres missed the deadline to submit the new jerseys. :mad: the Sabres will be unveiling the new jerseys Sept 24th

if you take your game live, im sure they will have a patch for it...... as far as the console game itself, as compared to the slug, i might not be disappointed..... then again, ive asked easports themselves about the jerseys, and their actual answer was "the sabres have asked us not to give out that information"

well, i dunno what that means, if the jerseys wouldnt be on there??

pyrrhonist
08-23-2006, 10:52 PM
I've been buying Sega/VC/Treyarch/Kush/2K Sports' NHL2K series since it's original incarnation on the Dreamcast (NHL2K), and I haven't looked back since. I, like so many, was a pro-EA NHL gamer, but back then, there wasn't much of a choice, was there? Enter the 2K series, and the focus became the gameplay, rather than improved graphics, a heartbeat effect, fake-ass deking, and other crap. However.....

EA is actually looking like they'll deliver a much improved NHL experience for the Xbox 360, while 2K is looking like they might have another next-gen game that actually looks and plays like a current gen. Of course, I've played neither of the newer games (Who has, really?), so I must try them first. This will mark the first time in 6 years that I'll actually have to rent first to decide which to buy first, unlike the past years, where I buy the 2K game and then rent the EA game.

As for the jerseys, it's very possible they might already have the jersey designs ready to go in the game, but are just keeping them under wraps. We'll find out in under a month.

CuseJetsFan83
08-24-2006, 07:01 AM
well the jersey question for me was where can i buy a jersey in buffalo lol.... as far as the game goes, we will find out when the time comes i guess

pyrrhonist
08-24-2006, 08:02 AM
well the jersey question for me was where can i buy a jersey in buffalo lol.... as far as the game goes, we will find out when the time comes i guess

Oops---My fault! :D :cool:

RockStar36
08-27-2006, 12:16 PM
I had both last year and EA was better. 2K looked better, more realistic, but the gameplay was slow. I thought EA was the clear winner between the two games.

Bill Brasky
08-27-2006, 01:42 PM
i made the mistake of buying 2k5 when it first came out just because it was cheaper.

the game sucked, had a lot of bugs, and the gameplay was terrible.

last year i bought the EA title, paid the extra $$ and it was a much better game.

CuseJetsFan83
08-27-2006, 01:50 PM
any ideas on where to buy sabres jerseys in the buffalo area, since ill be in town for the bills home opener next month

Bill Brasky
08-27-2006, 02:05 PM
any ideas on where to buy sabres jerseys in the buffalo area, since ill be in town for the bills home opener next month

you can get them at the Sabres store or go to a sporting goods store. You can go to LAUX in the Galleria Mall, they always have jerseys and pretty decent prices.

CuseJetsFan83
08-28-2006, 12:16 AM
you can get them at the Sabres store or go to a sporting goods store. You can go to LAUX in the Galleria Mall, they always have jerseys and pretty decent prices.

good deal, none of the places in syracuse sell them anymore, and i do like the galleria alot

thanks!

SpillerThrills
08-28-2006, 12:33 PM
good deal, none of the places in syracuse sell them anymore, and i do like the galleria alot

thanks!

the only place in cuse that I've found any type of bills jersey is at Champs in the lower level of the mall.... but I can't find any place else that sells them...