PDA

View Full Version : Lee Evans - I'd sit him against Cleveland

YardRat
08-23-2006, 06:27 AM
Evans is the real deal, we already know that. Losman and Evans have chemistry established, we've known that since last year.

There's no use risking injury to the best WR on the team...If I were Jauron, I'd hold Lee out of this week's game against the Browns to give some of the other WR's a chance to step up AND to force JP to try to establish similar chemistry with the other guys in the receiving corps.

LtFinFan66
08-23-2006, 06:29 AM
Sounds like a good idea (not that I really care)

jmb1099
08-23-2006, 06:48 AM
Not a bad idea. So the question is if we do this and the completion percentage is down, are you guys goona cry about Losman, or understand it for what it is?

Night Train
08-23-2006, 07:03 AM
The starters usually play 2 to 3 quarters in the 3rd pre-season game. The last one is used to evaluate the bubble guys and backups.

Historian
08-23-2006, 07:03 AM
There isn't anybody on this team that couldn't use a few extra reps....I say play him.

If someone is nicked up, rest them against Detroit.

ICE74129
08-23-2006, 07:17 AM
Evans is the real deal, we already know that. Losman and Evans have chemistry established, we've known that since last year.

There's no use risking injury to the best WR on the team...If I were Jauron, I'd hold Lee out of this week's game against the Browns to give some of the other WR's a chance to step up AND to force JP to try to establish similar chemistry with the other guys in the receiving corps.

I understand your thinking and agree with sitting evans. My problem is with 'forcing' JP to do this or that. Sorry it doesn't work that way. For some reason he just doesn't trust peerless. He will throw to Aiken we saw that in Carolina. He will throw to Parrish. its PEERLESS he seems to have an issue with.

And let me add something here. I dont care if he forces the ball to Evans. Manning forces the ball to Harrison, Kelly to reed etc. That is just how it is. EVERY QB does it, always have, always will. To me JP needs to look 'inside out' and start hitting royal and the other TE's moreso than Peerless. I would like to see our TE's get a TON of JP's passes this year. It makes the defense cover more field, account for more people and moves the chains more consistantly.

Dr. Lecter
08-23-2006, 07:24 AM
There isn't anybody on this team that couldn't use a few extra reps....I say play him.

Agreed. The 3rd pre-season game is the tune-up and this is still a new offense. Even Evans needs work.

Sit him or play him one series against the Lions.

don137
08-23-2006, 07:45 AM

I agree 100%. You need to play him. All teams play there key starters the most in the 3rd pre-season game to get that final tune up before the regular season. Even Kelly and Reed played a lot in the third pre-season game and Losman/ Evans are not even in the same ballpark as Kelly/Reed....yet. The 4th pre-season game is to get the final look at bubble players and to rest the starters to ensure they are healthy for week 1.

ICE74129
08-23-2006, 08:02 AM
So give JP and the crew 3 quarters against Cleveland and let Nall have the 4th quarter. Holcomb can sit. Then let Nall have most of the reps in the final

TigerJ
08-23-2006, 08:52 AM
Night Train has the right of it. Lee will not sit. This is the game that coaches target as the tuneup for the regular season. Starters get more playing time in this game than any of the other three preseason games. In the final preseason game Evans will have a single series at most, as will McGahee and lots of others. I still think Losman will get more than a quarter in the last preseason game though.

mysticsoto
08-23-2006, 09:02 AM
I understand your thinking and agree with sitting evans. My problem is with 'forcing' JP to do this or that. Sorry it doesn't work that way. For some reason he just doesn't trust peerless. He will throw to Aiken we saw that in Carolina. He will throw to Parrish. its PEERLESS he seems to have an issue with.

And let me add something here. I dont care if he forces the ball to Evans. Manning forces the ball to Harrison, Kelly to reed etc. That is just how it is. EVERY QB does it, always have, always will. To me JP needs to look 'inside out' and start hitting royal and the other TE's moreso than Peerless. I would like to see our TE's get a TON of JP's passes this year. It makes the defense cover more field, account for more people and moves the chains more consistantly.

He did throw to Peerless in the 1st or 2nd quarter when Peerless was open, but JP underthrew him and the ball fell way before it reached him.

I've heard many analyst saying that when JP sees someone open, he gets too excited and grips the ball harder which in turn makes him release the ball later and causes the ball to fall way short.

I'm not defending Peerless not getting many catches and whether that is his fault or not. Just that that was atleast one clear moment when Peerless was open, and JP didn't get it to him.

TacklingDummy
08-23-2006, 09:24 AM
So give RJ and the crew 3 quarters against Cleveland and let Nall have the 4th quarter.

RJ? :oops:

ICE74129
08-23-2006, 09:26 AM
He did throw to Peerless in the 1st or 2nd quarter when Peerless was open, but JP underthrew him and the ball fell way before it reached him.

I've heard many analyst saying that when JP sees someone open, he gets too excited and grips the ball harder which in turn makes him release the ball later and causes the ball to fall way short.

I'm not defending Peerless not getting many catches and whether that is his fault or not. Just that that was atleast one clear moment when Peerless was open, and JP didn't get it to him.

I agree I have guys do it all the time. You can't all out grip a ball and it come out right.

Kerr
08-23-2006, 11:11 AM
Lee has nothing left to prove. You don't want to risk some pre-season freak injury to your star receiver. This is why Marty Shots is not playing LT at all in the preseason. LT has nothing to prove. Same with Willis. Let's see more of A-train and Gates to see who's the true backup. Unfortunaly, the same can't be done with jp because he has yet to named the starting qb publicly. I'd make jp have to get comfortable with peerless and the rest of the guys.

ICE74129
08-23-2006, 11:14 AM
Lee has nothing left to prove. You don't want to risk some pre-season freak injury to your star receiver. This is why Marty Shots is not playing LT at all in the preseason. LT has nothing to prove. Same with Willis. Let's see more of A-train and Gates to see who's the true backup. Unfortunaly, the same can't be done with jp because he has yet to named the starting qb publicly. I'd make jp have to get comfortable with peerless and the rest of the guys.

and LT will come out cold and rusty. YES Veterans need to play preseason.

Kerr
08-23-2006, 11:22 AM
and LT will come out cold and rusty. YES Veterans need to play preseason.

LT rusty? So you don't think it's enough that he gets reps in practice and all? You're talking about possibly the best back in the league. You don't just lose your talent and skills not playing preseason.

Kerr
08-23-2006, 11:27 AM
Btw ICe, LT only played about 7 or 8 plays the whole preseason last season. That's really nothing, yet he didn't suffer a setback.

Bill Cody
08-23-2006, 12:08 PM
I think it's a great idea considering the laundry list of question marks after Evans. I mean are we really any closer to knowing what else we really have? I'd like to see as much Price, Davis and Parrish as possible. Leave Evans and butterfingers on the bench.

ShadowHawk7
08-23-2006, 01:27 PM

(Price):rrich: :date: (JP)

BILLSROCK1212
08-23-2006, 03:59 PM
agreed this game is more of a chance to see what Andre Davis Josh Reed Geroge Wilson Martin Nance Chris Denney Sam Aiken and Roscoe Parrish can do because we all know what Lee Evans can do there is no point in playing him then again isnt the third exhibition game ment for getting your starters ready for the regular season?

LtBillsFan66
08-23-2006, 04:00 PM
We should keep Evans locked up in a vault.

~CHIEF~
08-23-2006, 04:26 PM
I'd play him.

YardRat
08-23-2006, 10:39 PM
When I mentioned the rest of the receiving corps, I should have included the TE's and RB's also...I'm talking the entire passing game package, not just the WR's.

Just a couple of more points...I don't recall Kelly and Co. playing any more in the third pre-season game then they did in any other. I could be wrong, but it seems to me Marv was pretty consistent regardless of which preseason game it was...a couple of series for the starters, then the rest with back-ups.

And...

So what if the rest of the league customarily uses the third game to play the starters the most? I'm not concerned with the other 31 teams in the league, or what they do - just the Bills. IMO it be in the best interest of the team, and JP's development, to sit Evans for this game.

ShadowHawk7
08-24-2006, 02:21 PM
Agreed, I would sit Evans, McGahee, and Fletcher for this game. Oh yeah, and Holcomb. No need to risk him getting, uh, injured.