• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Lee Evans - I'd sit him against Cleveland

Evans is the real deal, we already know that. Losman and Evans have chemistry established, we've known that since last year.

There's no use risking injury to the best WR on the team...If I were Jauron, I'd hold Lee out of this week's game against the Browns to give some of the other WR's a chance to step up AND to force JP to try to establish similar chemistry with the other guys in the receiving corps.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • LtFinFan66
    • Mar 2005

Re: Lee Evans - I'd sit him against Cleveland

Sounds like a good idea (not that I really care)

Comment

• jmb1099
      • Sep 2004

Not a bad idea. So the question is if we do this and the completion percentage is down, are you guys goona cry about Losman, or understand it for what it is?

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

The starters usually play 2 to 3 quarters in the 3rd pre-season game. The last one is used to evaluate the bubble guys and backups.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Historian
          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
          • Dec 2002

There isn't anybody on this team that couldn't use a few extra reps....I say play him.

If someone is nicked up, rest them against Detroit.

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
            Evans is the real deal, we already know that. Losman and Evans have chemistry established, we've known that since last year.

There's no use risking injury to the best WR on the team...If I were Jauron, I'd hold Lee out of this week's game against the Browns to give some of the other WR's a chance to step up AND to force JP to try to establish similar chemistry with the other guys in the receiving corps.
            I understand your thinking and agree with sitting evans. My problem is with 'forcing' JP to do this or that. Sorry it doesn't work that way. For some reason he just doesn't trust peerless. He will throw to Aiken we saw that in Carolina. He will throw to Parrish. its PEERLESS he seems to have an issue with.

And let me add something here. I dont care if he forces the ball to Evans. Manning forces the ball to Harrison, Kelly to reed etc. That is just how it is. EVERY QB does it, always have, always will. To me JP needs to look 'inside out' and start hitting royal and the other TE's moreso than Peerless. I would like to see our TE's get a TON of JP's passes this year. It makes the defense cover more field, account for more people and moves the chains more consistantly.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Billsology
              There isn't anybody on this team that couldn't use a few extra reps....I say play him.

Agreed. The 3rd pre-season game is the tune-up and this is still a new offense. Even Evans needs work.

Sit him or play him one series against the Lions.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billsology

I agree 100%. You need to play him. All teams play there key starters the most in the 3rd pre-season game to get that final tune up before the regular season. Even Kelly and Reed played a lot in the third pre-season game and Losman/ Evans are not even in the same ballpark as Kelly/Reed....yet. The 4th pre-season game is to get the final look at bubble players and to rest the starters to ensure they are healthy for week 1.

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

So give JP and the crew 3 quarters against Cleveland and let Nall have the 4th quarter. Holcomb can sit. Then let Nall have most of the reps in the final
                  Last edited by ICE74129; 08-23-2006, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

Night Train has the right of it. Lee will not sit. This is the game that coaches target as the tuneup for the regular season. Starters get more playing time in this game than any of the other three preseason games. In the final preseason game Evans will have a single series at most, as will McGahee and lots of others. I still think Losman will get more than a quarter in the last preseason game though.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ICE74129
                      I understand your thinking and agree with sitting evans. My problem is with 'forcing' JP to do this or that. Sorry it doesn't work that way. For some reason he just doesn't trust peerless. He will throw to Aiken we saw that in Carolina. He will throw to Parrish. its PEERLESS he seems to have an issue with.

And let me add something here. I dont care if he forces the ball to Evans. Manning forces the ball to Harrison, Kelly to reed etc. That is just how it is. EVERY QB does it, always have, always will. To me JP needs to look 'inside out' and start hitting royal and the other TE's moreso than Peerless. I would like to see our TE's get a TON of JP's passes this year. It makes the defense cover more field, account for more people and moves the chains more consistantly.
                      He did throw to Peerless in the 1st or 2nd quarter when Peerless was open, but JP underthrew him and the ball fell way before it reached him.

I've heard many analyst saying that when JP sees someone open, he gets too excited and grips the ball harder which in turn makes him release the ball later and causes the ball to fall way short.

I'm not defending Peerless not getting many catches and whether that is his fault or not. Just that that was atleast one clear moment when Peerless was open, and JP didn't get it to him.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                        So give RJ and the crew 3 quarters against Cleveland and let Nall have the 4th quarter.
                        RJ?

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          He did throw to Peerless in the 1st or 2nd quarter when Peerless was open, but JP underthrew him and the ball fell way before it reached him.

I've heard many analyst saying that when JP sees someone open, he gets too excited and grips the ball harder which in turn makes him release the ball later and causes the ball to fall way short.

I'm not defending Peerless not getting many catches and whether that is his fault or not. Just that that was atleast one clear moment when Peerless was open, and JP didn't get it to him.
                          I agree I have guys do it all the time. You can't all out grip a ball and it come out right.

Comment

• Kerr
                            Hall of Fame Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Lee has nothing left to prove. You don't want to risk some pre-season freak injury to your star receiver. This is why Marty Shots is not playing LT at all in the preseason. LT has nothing to prove. Same with Willis. Let's see more of A-train and Gates to see who's the true backup. Unfortunaly, the same can't be done with jp because he has yet to named the starting qb publicly. I'd make jp have to get comfortable with peerless and the rest of the guys.

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Kerr
                              Lee has nothing left to prove. You don't want to risk some pre-season freak injury to your star receiver. This is why Marty Shots is not playing LT at all in the preseason. LT has nothing to prove. Same with Willis. Let's see more of A-train and Gates to see who's the true backup. Unfortunaly, the same can't be done with jp because he has yet to named the starting qb publicly. I'd make jp have to get comfortable with peerless and the rest of the guys.
                              and LT will come out cold and rusty. YES Veterans need to play preseason.

Comment

Working...
                              X