PDA

View Full Version : Peerless Price?

HHURRICANE
08-23-2006, 08:32 AM
My observations:

1) Has worked hard in camp and has looked good.

2) Made a tremendous block for Evans during the Bengals game.

3) Was wide open for a 15 yard completion and Losman bounced the ball.

4) Hasn't established an identity yet on this team.

This is my only conccern. Is he not getting open? Is he not running good routes? The fact that he was underutilized in both Atlanta and Dallas has me concerned about his perfromance so far here. Any thoughts?

RedEyE
08-23-2006, 08:37 AM
I don't really think it matters. Josh Reed is playing his way out of the #2 spot. Roscoe Parrish might have eraned himself some points, but all in all I have yet to see anything special to just hand the 2nd spot to someone.

In other words, Price is still in the mix despite not having a grab in either of two preseason games.

HHURRICANE
08-23-2006, 08:50 AM
I don't really think it matters. Josh Reed is playing his way out of the #2 spot. Roscoe Parrish might have eraned himself some points, but all in all I have yet to see anything special to just hand the 2nd spot to someone.

In other words, Price is still in the mix despite not having a grab in either of two preseason games.

Is he the #2 receiver?

ShadowHawk7
08-23-2006, 12:48 PM
If anyone saw, he was more open than Evans was, with single coverage as well, on the Evans bomb play, who was doubled. If you watch the game film, JP looked Price off first then turned to Evans. He just has to learn to trust 81.

bigbub2352
08-23-2006, 12:51 PM
Yesterdays reports say that he is actually taking most snaps as number 2 WR and that Reed is in the slot, and roscoe and aiken have been the other ones in the rotation with Davis rounding it out, Davis in my opinion will make this team and will contribute, ST will be good for him and Aiken if he makes the team too

HHURRICANE
08-23-2006, 01:39 PM
If anyone saw, he was more open than Evans was, with single coverage as well, on the Evans bomb play, who was doubled. If you watch the game film, JP looked Price off first then turned to Evans. He just has to learn to trust 81.

Maybe he looked off Price because he saw 7 points!!

justasportsfan
08-23-2006, 01:49 PM
IMO, it's a matter of JP getting familiar w/ Price. If he was , he would've known that Price would've beaten his man in single coverage when JP threw the bomb to Evans instead for a TD. Not that it was wrong, but if teams realize that JP has no confidence in Price, he isn't gonna have a lot of success by having 1 option downfield.

It's no secret that Moulds and Evans kept asking JP to trust his wr's to make plays. Kinda like the way Flutie did with Moulds by throwing it up and trusting his wr's to come down with the ball. When JP finally listened, then came the bombs to Evans against KC.

JP needs to do the same w/ Price.

ShadowHawk7
08-23-2006, 02:19 PM
Maybe he looked off Price because he saw 7 points!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watch it again. Pay attention to where the coverage dictates, as well as the seperation b/w the DB for Price and the seperation b/w the DB and FS for Evans. Still, it was an amazing play. My point is that it's not exactly PPs fault he doesn't have any receptions yet.

BILLSROCK1212
08-23-2006, 04:05 PM
i dont get the Bills on tv but my evaluation from what i've heard or more of what i haven't heard is he is an overpaid and overated player and doesnt belong on our roster the only reason he will be is because of the 13 million he is getting paid