PDA

View Full Version : Sledge Hammer for RBs this year should help young QB

bigbub2352
08-23-2006, 09:46 AM
The one thing that should improve this season is the running game, it is the perfect mix of size, speed, and experience

Lionel Gates 6'0 230lbs- with a good preseason and the ability to catch the ball and block he looks to be an absolute steal for a 7th round pick, i truly believe MM made a big misatake not getting him some touches last year, he needs to bust it up the middle a little more but he has the size and spped to be an excellent compliment to Willis

A-Train 6'2 225lbs- He has been solid all camp and with his limited play in the preseason looks to be a solid addition and should push Shaud Williams and over used skat back off the roster, A-Train also possess the speed to get to the outside and power to go up the middle, he also ran for 2 1,000 yard seasons, so he knows what it takes to get it done witch will only help a young back like Lionel, and push Willis even that much more

Willis McGahee 6'0 225lbs- i dont have to go into much with him, he is a very good back that can bruise up the middle and break a long one as we all saw, What this tells me is he can get 1,240 yards rushing while doin dives up the middle no tosses or misdirection, or sweeps, he was underutilized on 3rd down and at the goaline, best is yet to come from him in my opinion

That said u still have Joe Burns, Shaud Williams and Damien Shelton, Alan Ricard and Jon Goldsberry trying to make the roster, u get 40 carries a game from these big backs with speed and power you will be wearing down D-lines and opening up the passing game especially playaction ala Big Ben in Pitt, i am excited that we also have a young athletic OLine that truly wants to open holes for them and all and all it can only get better...

ShadowHawk7
08-23-2006, 01:02 PM
indeed

justasportsfan
08-23-2006, 01:07 PM
The only way JP succeeds is with an awsome running game. JP should never be expected or pressured to win games for us this year. I'm psyched about our rb's.

bigbub2352
08-23-2006, 01:19 PM
plus the good thin about the three, is that all can block in passing game