PDA

View Full Version : Peter King

lndmauro
08-23-2006, 10:50 AM
I'm just curious if anyone out there listens to the Peter King segment on WGR. I was listening to him the other day and when he was asked about the QB situation he said that he doesn't believe JP has the respect of his teammates. This is about the 3rd time I've heard him give this response. Is there something I'm missing or does PK have inside info on what goes on in the locker room. I was under the impression that JP was finally getting some respect.

HHURRICANE
08-23-2006, 10:56 AM
I'm just curious if anyone out there listens to the Peter King segment on WGR. I was listening to him the other day and when he was asked about the QB situation he said that he doesn't believe JP has the respect of his teammates. This is about the 3rd time I've heard him give this response. Is there something I'm missing or does PK have inside info on what goes on in the locker room. I was under the impression that JP was finally getting some respect.

This is excatly why Holcomb needs to go. You can't have an issue when you don't have an option.

Gunzlingr
08-23-2006, 10:58 AM
Just media BS since they don't pay attention to the Bills, they make every molehill into a mountain.

Kerr
08-23-2006, 11:05 AM
Seems like they're still stuck in last year.

ICE74129
08-23-2006, 11:06 AM
Just media BS since they don't pay attention to the Bills, they make every molehill into a mountain.

Exactly. WTF is he getting his crap from? What is SEEN and HEARD is JP is doing just fine. Evans, hell even fletcher has no issue with him. Pecker King is again off base (more the norm than not).

BTW he is a HUGE bledsoe fan/ Supporter. Hummm I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Also I agree, this is more reason holcomb has to go.

gil
08-23-2006, 11:13 AM
I like Peter King - I always look forward to reading his MMQB on cnnsi, but when it comes to 'insider' knowledge of the Bills, I would trust the opinion of most of the posters here first - we're all obsessed at getting every last nugget of information about the Bills and what the consensus seems to be is that JP is gaining the trust of his teammates.

And so what if there are some vets, probably on the D (because who's left on the offense to make a stink about anything), who may be grumbling?

JP and Lee are going to be the team leaders on the offense and I think (and hope) they'll shut a lot of people up this year.

Night Train
08-23-2006, 11:29 AM
I understand some Vets being skeptical about Losman, since he has to go out and play good in this upcoming season.. but if there's still one guy in the locker room who thinks Holcomb gives us a better chance to win, then that player should be cut with Holcomb.

JJamezz
08-23-2006, 11:41 AM
These guys piss me off.. He shows up to Bills camp one day, hangs around for a couple of hours, and suddenly he's got the inside scoop on whats going on inside each players head...

Honestly, I think (if I'm remembering this correctly, it was King that said this) this stems from him visiting camp, and talking to JP for a few minutes, then talking to Holcomb.. apparently, Willis came over with Holcomb, and JP came by himself... he then somehow starts going on a rant about how that 'spoke volumes' to him... a complete pile of crap.

I can't even listen to these guys anymore. I used to like MOrt too. Unfortunately, the reign of Donohoe has exposed a lot of these guys for what they really are.. It's too bad, because it was more fun before.

RedEyE
08-23-2006, 12:10 PM
These guys piss me off.. He shows up to Bills camp one day, hangs around for a couple of hours, and suddenly he's got the inside scoop on whats going on inside each players head...

Honestly, I think (if I'm remembering this correctly, it was King that said this) this stems from him visiting camp, and talking to JP for a few minutes, then talking to Holcomb.. apparently, Willis came over with Holcomb, and JP came by himself... he then somehow starts going on a rant about how that 'spoke volumes' to him... a complete pile of crap.

I can't even listen to these guys anymore. I used to like MOrt too. Unfortunately, the reign of Donohoe has exposed a lot of these guys for what they really are.. It's too bad, because it was more fun before.

That was actually Pat Kirwan....a good friend of Kings but coincidentally another PK.

Bill Cody
08-23-2006, 12:10 PM

Word.

TigerJ
08-23-2006, 12:15 PM
Iread on another forum that the words PK used were "unanimous support," that Losman does not enjoy unanimous support. To that I respond, there is no way Holcomb can enjoy unanimous support. No one can tell me Lee Evans would rather have Kelly Holcomb as his QB. I think that if Losman shows he can take care of the ball, he'll be fine. The team will support him.

Tatonka
08-23-2006, 12:21 PM
i heard all of london's interview the other day on sirus.. and what peter king said is a pile of ****.

fletchers attitude (if it was ever bad) has clearly changed based on what he has seen from jp so far.. he clearly stated that he has seen a marked improvement and that jp is making plays every day in practice and in the preseason. he said he is still young and has to learn, but that he has earned the job.. he also said that jauron has not made an official announcment yet, but that jp clearly has played better in every aspect and is definately ahead of the other guys..

tell me, who on the team is it that doesnt "respect" jp? fletcher is the leader of the team. lee evans has been singing praise on jp too.. jason peters and jp are reportedly very close.. i dont buy it at all.. the only person i know of that truely had an issue was moulds and we shipped his ass out.

jauron has done a perfect job of handling this situation.. i think that jp was going to get the job all along, but he didnt make it an easy path for jp.. and jp's play has improved because of it.. i can only assume that his standing with any team mates that MAY have had any issues is as good as it is going to get without him actually winning games yet.

besides.. i honestly dont care who they respect or not.. if they respect the way holcombe played, despite being a long time vet, then they are losers who dont want to win, because it is obvious that KH's play is not good enough to win no matter how good we are or arent.

bottom line is this.. they are all pros.. they will line up and play hard for whoever is back there.. and once jp shows what he can do when the real bullets are flying, this bull**** will all be an afterthought.

peter king needs to stuff another krispy kreme in his fat face and stop pulling **** out of his ass just to find any kind of story.

i will get off my soapbox now.

X-Era
08-23-2006, 12:23 PM

Actually, Im going with:

10 minutes prior to the interview, Peter picks up last years preseason preview article in ESPN and reads through it quick to find his answers and take credit for them as his own.

All the media does is regurgitate conservative opinions from other media people who did the same thing.

Theres very very few commentators anymore who have an original opinion or are willing to go out on a limb based on feeling. We will start hearing positive takes on JP about 10 games AFTER he has shown all the fans that hes playing pretty damn good. Then, they will talk him up at the start of a game their commentating, he'll play mediocre and the commentators will change their tune again on him until the next year when they actually watch him.

Seriously, when the last time that ANY of them predicted a players headed south BEFORE they had the stats to prove it?

Basically listening to football commentators is like going to a nursing home and asking about how to fix the problems in politics.

Tatonka
08-23-2006, 12:26 PM
if chris brown was reporting this, i would lend some credance to it.. but peter king clearly has minimal to no knowledge of the situation and his comments are all speculation.

don137
08-23-2006, 12:27 PM
If Peter King covered the Bills and was there on a routine basis than I would put some merit on what he says but not being there and going by heresay his opinion on stuff like that is as worth as much as the paper it is printed on.

bigbub2352
08-23-2006, 12:42 PM
I listened to it and i dont thin he even new what was going on here, he probably is concentrating his efforts on the cowboys, raiders and patriots

Mr. Miyagi
08-23-2006, 12:47 PM

Then you'd hate Adam Schein and Randy Cross on Sirius. :down::down:

Earthquake Enyart
08-23-2006, 01:15 PM
Then you'd hate Adam Schein and Randy Cross on Sirius. :down::down:
Peter King is a fat tub of goo!

justasportsfan
08-23-2006, 01:35 PM
jauron has done a perfect job of handling this situation.. i think that jp was going to get the job all along, but he didnt make it an easy path for jp.. and jp's play has improved because of it.. I share this opinion 150%.

Notice how even when Dick is announcing it's JP's job, he is always pointing out the negtives in JP's game and never patronizes JP.

When JP was handed the job last year, he had the swagger as if he was the best qb of all time. Not even Marsha walks around like that.

One thing I noticed about the pats, every win was treated like it was nothing until they win the sb. Dick, JP and the entire bills org. should be like that.

patmoran2006
08-23-2006, 03:54 PM
I share this opinion 150%.

Notice how even when Dick is announcing it's JP's job, he is always pointing out the negtives in JP's game and never patronizes JP.

When JP was handed the job last year, he had the swagger as if he was the best qb of all time. Not even Marsha walks around like that.

One thing I noticed about the pats, every win was treated like it was nothing until they win the sb. Dick, JP and the entire bills org. should be like that.

I DISAGREE 100%.. this wasnt Jauron's plan all along.. Holcomb started first because he had the best chance to win to win the job.. what if he had played well against Carolina?

Holcomb simply lost the job after playing bad.

X-Era
08-23-2006, 04:44 PM
I DISAGREE 100%.. this wasnt Jauron's plan all along.. Holcomb started first because he had the best chance to win to win the job.. what if he had played well against Carolina?

Holcomb simply lost the job after playing bad.
Way to give JP some props.

Seriously, you are in for years and years more of frustration if you hang on to your hatred of some players.

Whats the point, you have no control, neither do I. Jauron has control and is leaning toward Losman. Why not give it a shot.

PromoTheRobot
08-23-2006, 09:54 PM
If Peter King covered the Bills and was there on a routine basis than I would put some merit on what he says but not being there and going by heresay his opinion on stuff like that is as worth as much as the paper it is printed on.
Peter King can't tear himself away from Bill Belichick's left butt cheek long enough to even know what the Bills are doing. 5 minutes before he goes on WGR, he goes to ESPN and SI.com and reads what they say on the Bills and acts like he dug it up himself. The man has zero cred when it comes to the Bills so don't even pay attention.

PTR