• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Boomer on JP

2. J.P. Losman, Buffalo Bills: The best way to describe Losman, in my opinion, is hectic and erratic. He is athletically gifted like Brett Favre, but in no way can he expect to play like Favre. This once-proud franchise, trying to resurrect the pride that it possessed under Marv Levy, has got a long way to go. And unlike Rivers, Losman's supporting cast isn't nearly as good. That, combined with two opening road games at New England and at Miami, could make it difficult for Losman to gain his teammates' respect.
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Re: Boomer on JP

Rivers is gonna suck big time, and all these media people will STFU.

Cutler on the other hand, looks like the real deal.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
      • Jul 2002

I agree wholeheartedly with the hectic and erratic statement.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

Rivers looks great so far....

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

JP Losman is like a 7 year old on a sugar buzz.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

I hope Boomer likes crow, which is what he'll be eating later in the season.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Can any of these friggin' talking heads give JP a chance? The kid has started all of 8 games for pete's sake.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                • Mar 2003

For real. What a bastard that man is.
                "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
                  • Jul 2002

Rivers will be a very good QB.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                    Rivers looks great so far....
                    The Bears terrorized Rivers in their last game, but the kid was steady, has way better field awareness, and a much quicker release than JP.

Rivers will be fine, and may be a decent fantasy sleeper.

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
                      Rivers will be a very good QB.
                      Were he's playing, he has a good shot. Still, he's still basically unproven at the pro level. Don't forget after his senior season, he went from a 3rd round pick in February to the top of the 1st in April based on workouts...NOT game conditions. Since then, he's sat. Pre-season isn't the real deal.

Guys like him and Leinart would be useless in Buffalo during the windy Nov.-Jan. games. They throw to a spot in the short-medium range but cannot throw the deep out in perfect conditions, let alone adverse weather.

Losman can throw a rope anywhere on the field. We have to give him the year to find his consistency. Just keep throwing the ball to Evans. That helps.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
                        Registered Fish
                        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Kerr
                        2. J.P. Losman, Buffalo Bills: The best way to describe Losman, in my opinion, is hectic and erratic. He is athletically gifted like Brett Favre, but in no way can he expect to play like Favre. This once-proud franchise, trying to resurrect the pride that it possessed under Marv Levy, has got a long way to go. And unlike Rivers, Losman's supporting cast isn't nearly as good. That, combined with two opening road games at New England and at Miami, could make it difficult for Losman to gain his teammates' respect.

I don't know how you can disagree with this. He didn't predict that Losman will not be good. He simply stated the truth. He HAS been hectic and erratic. How else do you describe a nicely thrown 40 yd pass followed by two 8 yard bounce passes to a WR that was 10 yards down field?

In the limited amount that I have seen Rivers and Cutler, I like the way both of them throw better than Losman. Rivers has a release that reminds me of Marino and seems to have good feet. Cutler looks to have a bigger, more accurate arm than Losman. Losman struggles with the finer points in his mechanics.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FinFaninBuffalo
                          I don't know how you can disagree with this. .
                          I don't. Losman is as incinsistent as they come until proven otherwise.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ~CHIEF~
                            ~ I'm A Hustler ~
                            • Aug 2006

**** Rivers!

Comment

• X-Era
                              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Kerr
                              What a minute a career backup retired vet is rooting for another career backup vet to start? Say it isnt so.

Commentators are often X-players as you know and there usually about a year behind.

So if I think like Boomer for a second (******ed), hes right, I wouldnt start Losman based on his performance in 2004 either.

These clown X-players always root for the vets, and wont let go until they flat out blow bigtime.

Look at how many of these clowns still worship Favre and Theisman was blowing Bledslow like you wouldnt believe the other night.

So, lets put Boomers comments down, and lay a grain of salt on them. Then, squash them like an ant carrying off your last Dorito chip piece.

Comment

Working...
                              X