PDA

View Full Version : Lionel Gates

BILLSROCK1212
08-23-2006, 11:56 AM
do you think that we may cut him and keep Shaud instead of him i mean the guy a backed up in college (Eric Shelton) is in danger of being cut by the Panthers when he was their 2nd round draft pick a year ago

Mr. Miyagi
08-23-2006, 12:00 PM
He won't get cut.

L.A. Playa
08-23-2006, 12:00 PM
I think Gates if he is eligible maybe a Practice Squad guy if you keep A Train and Mc Gahee you need a Shaud Williams type of change of pace guy and not 3 guys who are similar in style

ShadowHawk7
08-23-2006, 01:15 PM
After Carolina game: "wow, do you guys think he should start splitting carries w/ Willis? At the very worst he has won the backup job."

After Bengals game: "wow, do you guys think he will even make the team?"

I like Shaud personally.

BILLSROCK1212
08-23-2006, 04:57 PM
After Carolina game: "wow, do you guys think he should start splitting carries w/ Willis? At the very worst he has won the backup job."

After Bengals game: "wow, do you guys think he will even make the team?"

I like Shaud personally.
i never liked Gates and never will except that his first name is the same as my middle name

gil
08-23-2006, 05:23 PM
I think Gates if he is eligible maybe a Practice Squad guy if you keep A Train and Mc Gahee you need a Shaud Williams type of change of pace guy and not 3 guys who are similar in style

I agree that Gates & A-Train seem too similar to probably keep both, but the part about Shaud being that prototypical 'change of pace' guy I'm not buying so much this year.

He seems like he'd be ideally suited for that role (except for his 5' 7" frame), but after giving us 161 yds rushing and 17 receptions for 118 yds and no TD's last year while being the primary backup and on the field for most every 3rd down, I'm not sure he's up to it.

What the solution is, I have no idea, but maybe it's seeing if Fred Jackson should get more reps to see what he's capable of.

Nighthawk
08-23-2006, 06:41 PM
Shaud Williams is not an NFL back and if it ever came to where we needed to start our backup for an extended period of time, I certainly would not want it to be Shaud Williams.

Michael82
08-23-2006, 09:46 PM
:lol: :rofl: :lmao: :roflmao:

Are you nuts? He's been great in camp and is neck and neck with A-Train. I think that these 5 backs will stay....

RB Willis McGahee
RB Anthony Thomas
RB Lionel Gates

FB Daimon Shelton
FB Alan Ricard

RB Fred Jackson to the practice squad. :up:

ShadowHawk7
08-24-2006, 02:15 PM
I think Williams would be a good #3, and I think Thomas and Gates are very similiar and we would lose value if we kept both. During the later games of our last 9-7 season, if anyone remembers, McGahee got injured for 3 or 4 games and Williams took his place. He ended up having the 2nd most rookie rushing yards in the AFC, with his most impressive preformance against the 49ers where he was 17 for 94 yards and a TD. Jackson would make a good PS addition.

BillsNick
08-24-2006, 02:39 PM
:lol: :rofl: :lmao: :roflmao:

Are you nuts? He's been great in camp and is neck and neck with A-Train. I think that these 5 backs will stay....

RB Willis McGahee
RB Anthony Thomas
RB Lionel Gates

FB Daimon Shelton
FB Alan Ricard

RB Fred Jackson to the practice squad. :up:

Agreed.

Philagape
08-24-2006, 03:17 PM
They'd better not cut him. He's more of a train than the A-Train.

Thurmal
08-24-2006, 03:43 PM
I hope that they don't cut Shaud Williams. He is quick, shifty, and a hard runner.