PDA

View Full Version : JP Should Never Be Taken Out Of Pre-Season Game

Typ0
08-23-2006, 11:13 PM
Because according to many here every down he plays he gets closer to having that full season maturity...and that much closer to being Montana, Kelly, Aikman (insert good QB who sucked their first season here).

In case you missed my point...these comparisons are rediculous as one thing has absolutly nothing to do with the other. Please stop.

Jan Reimers
08-24-2006, 06:27 AM
Luckily, we have those first two easy games - those cakewalks on the road in New England and Miami - for JP to hone his skills. So he really doesn't need these meaningless preseason games.

jmb1099
08-24-2006, 07:57 AM
Because according to many here every down he plays he gets closer to having that full season maturity...and that much closer to being Montana, Kelly, Aikman (insert good QB who sucked their first season here).

In case you missed my point...these comparisons are rediculous as one thing has absolutly nothing to do with the other. Please stop.

One thing may not have anything to do with the other, but than again it might. Inserting a famous name qb into the equation doesn't prove anything, I'll give you that. What is meant to be conveyed though is that we already have Losman on the roster, lets see if he can improve or not. So far we've seen a mixed bag of results, but many of those results are improvements. Will he continue? Don't know, my crystal ball is broken so we have to wait and see. So I guess those who want to give Jp his fair shot will stop making these comparisons when the anti Losman camp stops trying to convince us to throw away a first round draft pick before we know what we have.

BillsFever21
08-24-2006, 08:29 AM
You can always watch Jay Cutler...Cause he's gonna be so great after that one preseason game.

Which I do think he will be good because of the system that he's in but you get my point.

RedEyE
08-24-2006, 08:31 AM
Someone please explain to me how a young player can get better by sitting on the sidelines. I'd really like to know.

HHURRICANE
08-24-2006, 08:47 AM
Someone please explain to me how a young player can get better by sitting on the sidelines. I'd really like to know.

Nobody can. The JP haters never come up with solutions just issues. It's like naming Nall the starter after he played in the 4th Qtr. of a pre-season game against 3rd stringers.

I think JP looks pretty good for a guy with 8 interrupted starts under his belt. I'll be the first to fry him if he doesn't make improvements playing a regular season. But he needs to play. PERIOD.

ICE74129
08-24-2006, 09:08 AM
Had MM the guts to be a strong HC he would have told the vets to STFU And do thier jobs and left JP in there. He didn't and wasn't.

Looks like Jaruon may be as weak. We will see pretty soon.

gr8slayer
08-24-2006, 09:22 AM
Good point. JP shouldnt be taken out of any game this season no matter what kind of game it is.

TacklingDummy
08-24-2006, 11:38 AM

It's not a comparison, it's called a history lesson. :rolleyes:

HAMMER
08-24-2006, 01:51 PM
Luckily, we have those first two easy games - those cakewalks on the road in New England and Miami - for JP to hone his skills. So he really doesn't need these meaningless preseason games.

I am not willing to concede anything to the lowly Dolphins yet. The pundits are all on their jock but that means NOTHING! We were on our way to shelacking (sp?) them last year in Miami until the great coaching choke job. Most of it rides on Culpepper and what kind of boost he can or can not provide to their offense. If he looks as pedestrian as he did post Moss then we should win, even in Miami.

Typ0
08-24-2006, 08:24 PM
I guess JP gets a pass because "people haven't seen enough of him to know if he can play". I'd like someone to give me one good reason why it's important for them to see him play. I'm sure those are the same people that don't want to hear OBD "blow smoke up their asses"...then the insist on seeing players play so they have a fair chance to evaluate them.

The_Philster
08-24-2006, 08:28 PM
I guess JP gets a pass because "people haven't seen enough of him to know if he can play". I'd like someone to give me one good reason why it's important for them to see him play.
Because if we don't give him the opportunity to succeed, he won't...not here anyway...but who knows...he could go elsewhere after we've given up on him then come back to haunt us

SheltonforPresident
08-24-2006, 11:02 PM
JP needs as much playing time now as he can get :bandwagon

Typ0
08-25-2006, 12:09 AM
Because if we don't give him the opportunity to succeed, he won't...not here anyway...but who knows...he could go elsewhere after we've given up on him then come back to haunt us

what I'm saying is many people, fans and media, seem to argue they want to see him play so they can decide if he can do it or not. First of all, I saw him playing last year and he was doing absolutly nothing week to week. He couldn't even get worse because he wasn't doing anything. So he got benched. People didn't see him in practice. they didn't have any idea where his head was at because they weren't around him. The coaching staff did know those things and they benched him. I'd put more trust in people with the information than a bunch of blow-hards who are so desparate to be able to make their own evaluations they would throw the whole team into the toilet to do so.

JP is going to start. I hope he does well. I am sure he will make mistakes and I hope he corrects them and moves forward. If he becomes stagnant again he's going to be riding the pine again...and the blow hards are going to start having heart attacks and calling for the coaches head!

The_Philster
08-25-2006, 05:00 AM
The coaching staff panicked last year...and ignored the fact that, as a rule, 1st year QBs are going to struggle

YardRat
08-25-2006, 05:16 AM
How novel...a pissing match over JP Losman...I think you guys may be on to something.