• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigZ
    • Sep 2003

Camp today

I made my yearly visit to camp. A few observations:

JP and Nall got all the reps in the 2 minute / 11 on 11 drills. Nall tossed a TD and JP settled for a FG from the 5 but JP looked sharper.

Aaron Gibson is a tank. With the shortened workout (only and hour and a half) it was hard to say if he was any good though.

Willis had to be retaped during practice and it looked like he might have been injured but was fine during the rest of the drills.

All our receivers looked good. Peerless made a couple of great catches and you could tell that there is some special chemistry between him and Evans.

Jauron didn't do anything special at the end of camp other than gather the players and coaches and then just the players for a little talk.

Levy and Mondrak were there but stayed on the sidelines and didn't even say very much to anyone. It was clearly Jauron's show to run as he saw fit. A little different from Donahue's style.

Very professional as usual.

Almost the entire DL contingent as well as Moorman signed autographs afterwards.
  • ShadowHawk7
    Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
    • Mar 2003

Re: Camp today

Since when is Evans a QB?
    "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
    -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

I went to my first camp last night, and what was most remarkable was the fake field goal drills they did. First, because it was Moorman lining up as the kicker. On one play, Holcomb would move under center with Moorman in the backfield (pictured below), and it was a pitch to Moorman. On another, Moorman caught a TD pass on a fade all alone in the corner of the end zone. And those were among several plays where Moorman did kick the FG.
      Attached Files
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

Another thing I noticed is, Spikes looks good. It was more than a full workout, as he stayed in with the second team in addition to the first team reps. Plus he signed my Spikes jersey
        Attached Files
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
          The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
          I went to my first camp last night, and what was most remarkable was the fake field goal drills they did. First, because it was Moorman lining up as the kicker. On one play, Holcomb would move under center with Moorman in the backfield (pictured below), and it was a pitch to Moorman. On another, Moorman caught a TD pass on a fade all alone in the corner of the end zone. And those were among several plays where Moorman did kick the FG.
          SHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! spies everywhere!!!!
          In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

"It's a smokescreen? Double bluff!" -- Otto, A Fish Called Wanda

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

nice report! Just out of curiousity though....why would you pick the last day to go to camp?

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

My work schedule limits my options.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

My work schedule limits my options.
                  not you. Last night was a good day to go. But the last morning is always a boring no pads, walk-thru.

Comment

• shelby
                    The Vanilla *****
                    • Jul 2002

Another thing I noticed is, Spikes looks good. It was more than a full workout, as he stayed in with the second team in addition to the first team reps. Plus he signed my Spikes jersey
                    Sweet!

Thanks for the info y'all!

Comment

• ibatiger
                      Geaux Bills!
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by zielinski

JP and Nall got all the reps in the 2 minute / 11 on 11 drills. Nall tossed a TD and JP settled for a FG from the 5 but JP looked sharper.
                      Could you elaborate on why you thought Losman looked sharper. I've watched all the videos and I don't see it.

(Let me clarify. I think they show enough on the videos to form an opinion, and they both look "sharp". And Nall has had the highest competion percentage in camp when he has practiced and that has continued since his return. I also see him going through his progressions more than Losman for what it's worth - at least on the video)
                      Last edited by ibatiger; 08-24-2006, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• BigZ
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                        nice report! Just out of curiousity though....why would you pick the last day to go to camp?
                        As usual I manage to look at the schedule and say "oh s**t, I need to make it to camp. Couldn't make the evenings so Thursday is all I managed.

Comment

• BigZ
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by ibatiger
                          Could you elaborate on why you thought Losman looked sharper. I've watched all the videos and I don't see it.

(Let me clarify. I think they show enough on the videos to form an opinion, and they both look "sharp". And Nall has had the highest competion percentage in camp when he has practiced and that has continued since his return. I also see him going through his progressions more than Losman for what it's worth - at least on the video)
                          There were a couple of times Nall would have been killed if there was real contact. Looked like he was holding on too long those couple of times. Yea, I know that's JP's problem too but during the 2 minute drills JP just looked a little better.

Comment

• BigZ
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
                            Since when is Evans a QB?
                            I really need to proofread before I hit submit. Meant that JP and Evans looked like they had chemistry.

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

Nall sucks because he got cut by GB instead of unseatting Favre.

Comment

Working...
                              X