PDA

View Full Version : Camp today

BigZ
08-24-2006, 02:39 PM
I made my yearly visit to camp. A few observations:

JP and Nall got all the reps in the 2 minute / 11 on 11 drills. Nall tossed a TD and JP settled for a FG from the 5 but JP looked sharper.

Aaron Gibson is a tank. With the shortened workout (only and hour and a half) it was hard to say if he was any good though.

Willis had to be retaped during practice and it looked like he might have been injured but was fine during the rest of the drills.

All our receivers looked good. Peerless made a couple of great catches and you could tell that there is some special chemistry between him and Evans.

Jauron didn't do anything special at the end of camp other than gather the players and coaches and then just the players for a little talk.

Levy and Mondrak were there but stayed on the sidelines and didn't even say very much to anyone. It was clearly Jauron's show to run as he saw fit. A little different from Donahue's style.

Very professional as usual.

Almost the entire DL contingent as well as Moorman signed autographs afterwards.

ShadowHawk7
08-24-2006, 03:02 PM
Since when is Evans a QB?

Philagape
08-24-2006, 03:14 PM
I went to my first camp last night, and what was most remarkable was the fake field goal drills they did. First, because it was Moorman lining up as the kicker. On one play, Holcomb would move under center with Moorman in the backfield (pictured below), and it was a pitch to Moorman. On another, Moorman caught a TD pass on a fade all alone in the corner of the end zone. And those were among several plays where Moorman did kick the FG.

Philagape
08-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Another thing I noticed is, Spikes looks good. It was more than a full workout, as he stayed in with the second team in addition to the first team reps. Plus he signed my Spikes jersey :D

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-24-2006, 03:26 PM
I went to my first camp last night, and what was most remarkable was the fake field goal drills they did. First, because it was Moorman lining up as the kicker. On one play, Holcomb would move under center with Moorman in the backfield (pictured below), and it was a pitch to Moorman. On another, Moorman caught a TD pass on a fade all alone in the corner of the end zone. And those were among several plays where Moorman did kick the FG.
SHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! spies everywhere!!!!

Philagape
08-24-2006, 03:33 PM
"It's a smokescreen? Double bluff!" -- Otto, A Fish Called Wanda

Michael82
08-24-2006, 03:41 PM
nice report! Just out of curiousity though....why would you pick the last day to go to camp? :ill:

Philagape
08-24-2006, 03:45 PM
My work schedule limits my options.

Michael82
08-24-2006, 03:49 PM
My work schedule limits my options.
not you. Last night was a good day to go. But the last morning is always a boring no pads, walk-thru.

shelby
08-24-2006, 04:13 PM
Another thing I noticed is, Spikes looks good. It was more than a full workout, as he stayed in with the second team in addition to the first team reps. Plus he signed my Spikes jersey :D
Sweet!

Thanks for the info y'all!
:gobills:

ibatiger
08-24-2006, 05:08 PM
JP and Nall got all the reps in the 2 minute / 11 on 11 drills. Nall tossed a TD and JP settled for a FG from the 5 but JP looked sharper.

Could you elaborate on why you thought Losman looked sharper. I've watched all the videos and I don't see it.

(Let me clarify. I think they show enough on the videos to form an opinion, and they both look "sharp". And Nall has had the highest competion percentage in camp when he has practiced and that has continued since his return. I also see him going through his progressions more than Losman for what it's worth - at least on the video)

BigZ
08-24-2006, 10:19 PM
nice report! Just out of curiousity though....why would you pick the last day to go to camp? :ill:

As usual I manage to look at the schedule and say "oh s**t, I need to make it to camp. Couldn't make the evenings so Thursday is all I managed.

BigZ
08-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Could you elaborate on why you thought Losman looked sharper. I've watched all the videos and I don't see it.

(Let me clarify. I think they show enough on the videos to form an opinion, and they both look "sharp". And Nall has had the highest competion percentage in camp when he has practiced and that has continued since his return. I also see him going through his progressions more than Losman for what it's worth - at least on the video)

There were a couple of times Nall would have been killed if there was real contact. Looked like he was holding on too long those couple of times. Yea, I know that's JP's problem too but during the 2 minute drills JP just looked a little better.

BigZ
08-24-2006, 10:23 PM
Since when is Evans a QB?

I really need to proofread before I hit submit. Meant that JP and Evans looked like they had chemistry.

Typ0
08-25-2006, 12:14 AM
Nall sucks because he got cut by GB instead of unseatting Favre.

HHURRICANE
08-25-2006, 07:23 AM
Nall sucks because he got cut by GB instead of unseatting Favre.

You should change your name to "Debbie Downer".