PDA

View Full Version : Please fin fans...

HHURRICANE
08-24-2006, 08:33 PM
Don't post here about how much better your OL is than ours. Ronnie Brown just had 22 yards on 11 carries.:yucky:

!Papacrunk!
08-24-2006, 08:36 PM
Don't post here about how much better your OL is than ours. Ronnie Brown just had 22 yards on 11 carries.:yucky:
Yeah, he should have a lot more against the Carolina defensive line that has more holes than the proverbial swiss cheese.

HHURRICANE
08-24-2006, 08:38 PM
Yeah, he should have a lot more against the Carolina defensive line that has more holes than the proverbial swiss cheese.

Actually you don't count. You're one of the intelligent ones. I do think Daunte will be solid.

Goobylal
08-24-2006, 09:07 PM
The Panthers are playing without Pro Bowl LB Dan Morgan and starting LB Na'il Diggs. And on offense the Panthers are without Steve Smith.

feelthepain
08-24-2006, 09:27 PM
Actually you don't count. You're one of the intelligent ones. I do think Daunte will be solid.

The Oline will be fine, I think our QB's are a huge upgrade so far this preseason. I also think our "old" Dline is better then Carolina's.

Michael82
08-24-2006, 10:27 PM
I predict a QB controversy with Mr Fumbles and Joey Harrington. :snicker:

thecoordinator
08-24-2006, 10:38 PM
the o line run blocking has SUCKED in all 3 preseason games...the pass blocking has been ok and steadily improving, and was actually the best its been the entire month tonight vs carolina.

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-24-2006, 10:48 PM
Your D-Line better than Carolina's huh?

LtFinFan66
08-24-2006, 11:02 PM
they protected the QB well:up:

LtFinFan66
08-24-2006, 11:03 PM
I predict a QB controversy with Mr Fumbles and Joey Harrington. :snicker:no....but we won't be so worried if OUR backup has to come in now

feelthepain
08-25-2006, 12:09 AM
Your D-Line better than Carolina's huh?

Culpepper was able to move the ball without much pressure tonight from the Carolina front 7, Joey comes in the second half with the second team and moves the ball down the field eaisly againts the Carolina starters. Carolina couldn't do squat against our staters Jake Delhome was 6-15 and most of his 6 completions were against our second team D in the second half. Both teams rused for 74 yards for the game. Baring injuries, I'd say our D will be as good if not better then Carolina's this year. I'm also sure had Steve Smith played Jakes numbers would have been better, but Keyshawn was still out there and remember we still have injured starting DB's so we haven't had our whole starting secondary in this preseason.

LtFinFan66
08-25-2006, 12:26 AM
Joey's first drive was with the starters FTP....thus the two nice Chambers catches and the Ronnie throw

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-25-2006, 07:03 AM
That may be true, but I wouldn't be so fast to proclaim your DL better than Carolina's just yet while the vanilla packages are being used. Peppers a lone makes that line one of the best, and if you add a healthy Kris Jenkins then it is just scary.

X-Era
08-25-2006, 07:06 AM
The Oline will be fine, I think our QB's are a huge upgrade so far this preseason. I also think our "old" Dline is better then Carolina's.

Is cat sh-t and upgrade from dog sh-t?

Sorry, your a Fin fan.

HHURRICANE
08-25-2006, 07:16 AM

You were pretty objective until the D comment. Your passing game had better be good because your running game is non existant.

mysticsoto
08-25-2006, 07:36 AM
Culpepper was able to move the ball without much pressure tonight from the Carolina front 7, Joey comes in the second half with the second team and moves the ball down the field eaisly againts the Carolina starters. Carolina couldn't do squat against our staters Jake Delhome was 6-15 and most of his 6 completions were against our second team D in the second half. Both teams rused for 74 yards for the game. Baring injuries, I'd say our D will be as good if not better then Carolina's this year. I'm also sure had Steve Smith played Jakes numbers would have been better, but Keyshawn was still out there and remember we still have injured starting DB's so we haven't had our whole starting secondary in this preseason.

What a homer! You are proud of how your O did in preseason against a vanilla defense? You are lucky you don't have to play them in a real season game or they would likely annihilate you. Carolina will probably have one of the top defenses in the league...

SquishDaFish
08-25-2006, 07:45 AM
Not to mention the great Ronnie Brown got stuffed on the 1 yard line LMAO

Earthquake Enyart
08-25-2006, 08:55 AM
They are starting Bennie Anderson.

Nuff said.

gr8slayer
08-25-2006, 09:03 AM
De-activate homer glasses. You are either kidding or are mentally challenged. Your DL better than Carolina's?

WOW

crowder52
08-25-2006, 09:46 AM
What a homer! You are proud of how your O did in preseason against a vanilla defense? You are lucky you don't have to play them in a real season game or they would likely annihilate you. Carolina will probably have one of the top defenses in the league...

You mean like they did last year? Correct me if i'm wrong but i think we beat them last year. Did you beat the Panthers last year?

crowder52
08-25-2006, 09:49 AM
They are starting Bennie Anderson.

Nuff said.

Bennie Anderson didn't work out on your O-line so all of a sudden he sucks? He did pretty good in Baltimore right? That's why you guys got him. I bet you can name a hand full of players that didn't work it in Buffalo that worked out somewhere else (Drew Bledsoe), I could probably do the same for Miami as well (Bryan Cox). Sometimes players just need to switch teams to find a system that works for them.

justasportsfan
08-25-2006, 10:02 AM
I also think our "old" Dline is better then Carolina's.Is this another UNBIASED opinion from a finfan?

justasportsfan
08-25-2006, 10:06 AM
Bennie Anderson didn't work out on your O-line so all of a sudden he sucks? He did pretty good in Baltimore right? That's why you guys got him. I bet you can name a hand full of players that didn't work it in Buffalo that worked out somewhere else (Drew Bledsoe), I could probably do the same for Miami as well (Bryan Cox). Sometimes players just need to switch teams to find a system that works for them.
It's kinda the same thing when we got Jerman as a back up and then finfans started laughing.

feelthepain
08-25-2006, 10:39 AM
You were pretty objective until the D comment. Your passing game had better be good because your running game is non existant.

Jake Delhome was 6-15 for 58 yards and their running game was 76 yards for the game. Daunte Culpepper was 14-19 for 139 yrds and we 70 yards rushing for the game. Daunte didn't even play in the second half and Jake did, two or three series. Say what you, like but Miami was moving the ball up and down the field all night against that great Carolina D, yet Carolina couldn't do squat against our starters, it took them till the fourth qrt to put a TD on the board against our third team. Miami had better D stats, so what am I missing?? You give Carolina all kinds of credit, did you even watch the game??

................................................................................................Mia................... Car.
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Total Net Yards</TD><TD align=right>323</TD><TD align=right>145</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Total Plays</TD><TD align=right>71</TD><TD align=right>51</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Average Gain</TD><TD align=right>4.5</TD><TD align=right>2.8</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Net Yards Rushing</TD><TD align=right>70</TD><TD align=right>76</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Rushes</TD><TD align=right>25</TD><TD align=right>26</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Avg. Per Rush</TD><TD align=right>2.8</TD><TD align=right>2.9</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Net Yards Passing</TD><TD align=right>253</TD><TD align=right>69</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Comp.-Att.</TD><TD align=right>29-44</TD><TD align=right>9-22</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Yards Per Pass</TD><TD align=right>5.5</TD><TD align=right>2.8</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Sacked-Yards Lost</TD><TD align=right>2-11</TD><TD align=right>3-20</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Had Intercepted</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Touchdowns</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>1</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Rushing</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Passing</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Other</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>1</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Extra Points</TD><TD align=right>1-1</TD><TD align=right>1-1</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Field Goals</TD><TD align=right>1-2</TD><TD align=right>4-4</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Red Zone Efficiency</TD><TD align=right>1-3-33%</TD><TD align=right>0-1-0%</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Goal To Go Efficiency</TD><TD align=right>1-2-50%</TD><TD align=right>0-1-0%</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Safeties

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>

1st Downs

</TD><TD align=right>20</TD><TD align=right>9</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Rushing</TD><TD align=right>4</TD><TD align=right>3</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Passing</TD><TD align=right>15</TD><TD align=right>5</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Penalty</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>1</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>3rd-Down Conversions</TD><TD align=right>5-15</TD><TD align=right>2-14</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>4th-Down Conversions</TD><TD align=right>0-1</TD><TD align=right>0-0</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Punts-Average</TD><TD align=right>7-45.7</TD><TD align=right>8-41.9</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Return Yards</TD><TD align=right>155</TD><TD align=right>208</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Punts-Returns</TD><TD align=right>7-41</TD><TD align=right>4-80</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Kickoffs-Returns</TD><TD align=right>5-114</TD><TD align=right>2-128</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Int.-Returns</TD><TD align=right>0-0</TD><TD align=right>0-0</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Penalties-Yards</TD><TD align=right>4-38</TD><TD align=right>6-41</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Fumbles-Lost</TD><TD align=right>4-1</TD><TD align=right>2-0</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Time Of Pos.</TD><TD align=right>33:15</TD><TD align=right>26:45</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></B>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

justasportsfan
08-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Jake Delhome was 6-15 for 58 yards and their running game was 75 yards for the game. Daunte Culpepper was 14-19 for 139 yrds and we 74 yards rushing for the game. Daunte didn't even play in the second half and Jake did, two or three series. Say what you, like but Miami was moving the ball up and down the field all night against that great Carolina D, yet Carolina couldn't do squat against our starters, it took them till the fourth qrt to put a TD on the board against our third team.

Haha! Only someone like FTP would come up with a conclusion based on a meaningless preseason game.

What am I missing??

Carolina only scored 14 pts on us and we scored 13 pts. on them. Our O and D must be better than Miami's . Panthers net rush yards against bills = 73 Woohooo!!!!!!!!!! Watch out NFL the bills are gonna be AFCE champs :coocoo:

MDFINFAN
08-25-2006, 11:33 AM
That may be true, but I wouldn't be so fast to proclaim your DL better than Carolina's just yet while the vanilla packages are being used. Peppers a lone makes that line one of the best, and if you add a healthy Kris Jenkins then it is just scary.

I agree with this statement, and that's why I was pleased with the game, I knew we'd have a hard time running against the panthers, but we're the first to score on them, we move the ball up and down the field on their 1st unit, we need to get that red zone O right, but I was very pleased...Our D did way better than I thought they would, I mean the panthers O didn't score a TD on no unit..Our
ST didn't show up tonight, that's the worst I've ever seen them play in years. I know we didn't have the first unit ST out there because Saban was giving them a break during Pre season since they play other positions, but still the guys out there should have been stopping the panthers.. Oh well over all, to do what we did to a team I consider one of the best on the NFL left me feeling pretty good about our team.

mysticsoto
08-25-2006, 11:45 AM
Jake Delhome was 6-15 for 58 yards and their running game was 75 yards for the game. Daunte Culpepper was 14-19 for 139 yrds and we 74 yards rushing for the game. Daunte didn't even play in the second half and Jake did, two or three series. Say what you, like but Miami was moving the ball up and down the field all night against that great Carolina D, yet Carolina couldn't do squat against our starters, it took them till the fourth qrt to put a TD on the board against our third team. Miami had better D stats, so what am I missing?? You give Carolina all kinds of credit, did you even watch the game??

................................................................................................Mia................... Car.
<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Total Net Yards</td><td align="right">323</td><td align="right">145</td></tr><tr class="bg3" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Total Plays</td><td align="right">71</td><td align="right">51</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Average Gain</td><td align="right">4.5</td><td align="right">2.8</td></tr><tr class="bg3" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Net Yards Rushing</td><td align="right">70</td><td align="right">76</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Rushes</td><td align="right">25</td><td align="right">26</td></tr><tr class="bg3" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Avg. Per Rush</td><td align="right">2.8</td><td align="right">2.9</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Net Yards Passing</td><td align="right">253</td><td align="right">69</td></tr><tr class="bg3" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Comp.-Att.</td><td align="right">29-44</td><td align="right">9-22</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Yards Per Pass</td><td align="right">5.5</td><td align="right">2.8</td></tr><tr class="bg3" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Sacked-Yards Lost</td><td align="right">2-11</td><td align="right">3-20</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Had Intercepted</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td></tr><tr class="bg3" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Touchdowns</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">1</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Rushing</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td></tr><tr class="bg3" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Passing</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">0</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Other</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">1</td></tr><tr class="bg3" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Extra Points</td><td align="right">1-1</td><td align="right">1-1</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Field Goals</td><td align="right">1-2</td><td align="right">4-4</td></tr><tr class="bg3" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Red Zone Efficiency</td><td align="right">1-3-33%</td><td align="right">0-1-0%</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Goal To Go Efficiency</td><td align="right">1-2-50%</td><td align="right">0-1-0%</td></tr><tr class="bg3" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Safeties

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">

1st Downs
</td><td align="right">20</td><td align="right">9</td></tr><tr class="bg3" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Rushing</td><td align="right">4</td><td align="right">3</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Passing</td><td align="right">15</td><td align="right">5</td></tr><tr class="bg3" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Penalty</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">1</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">3rd-Down Conversions</td><td align="right">5-15</td><td align="right">2-14</td></tr><tr class="bg3" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">4th-Down Conversions</td><td align="right">0-1</td><td align="right">0-0</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Punts-Average</td><td align="right">7-45.7</td><td align="right">8-41.9</td></tr><tr class="bg3" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Return Yards</td><td align="right">155</td><td align="right">208</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Punts-Returns</td><td align="right">7-41</td><td align="right">4-80</td></tr><tr class="bg3" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Kickoffs-Returns</td><td align="right">5-114</td><td align="right">2-128</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Int.-Returns</td><td align="right">0-0</td><td align="right">0-0</td></tr><tr class="bg3" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Penalties-Yards</td><td align="right">4-38</td><td align="right">6-41</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Fumbles-Lost</td><td align="right">4-1</td><td align="right">2-0</td></tr><tr class="bg3" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Time Of Pos.</td><td align="right">33:15</td><td align="right">26:45</td></tr></tbody></table>

</td></tr></tbody></table>

It's the second preseason game, without gamplans and Dunte playing behind a line he's never played behind, against one of the Best D in the league last year. It takes time for the chemistry to take effect! If you want to look at as the performances in that game are what you'll see say the fifth week of the season then thats up to you. I don't take what happens in preseason as anything other then, it its what it is preseason.

Back to his old flip flopping ways I see...

:idunno:

justasportsfan
08-25-2006, 11:51 AM

:idunno::smoke: Burn?

feelthepain
08-25-2006, 12:16 PM

:idunno:

Oh I see, I either say the fins suck or you're not happy. Ohwell, your're not happy.... I'll try to find a way to sleep tonnight.

BTW, preseason is preseason, but the further along you go into preseason the more the first team plays, common sense!!!! Sorry I have to make it simple for you, but you don't seem to get it.

justasportsfan
08-25-2006, 12:19 PM
Oh I see, I either say the fins suck or you're not happy. Ohwell, your're not happy.... I'll try to find a way to sleep tonnight.

BTW, preseason is preseason, but the further along you go into preseason the more the first team plays, common sense!!!! Sorry I have to make it simple for you, but you don't seem to get it.translation: RETREAT!!!!!!!!! :roflmao:

dplus47
08-25-2006, 12:36 PM

miami's o-line looked about as bad as an o-line can look last night. it was facing a tough d-line, but that's no excuse for total ineptitude. still, the QB did a fine job under the circumstances. fin fans definitely have to hope that the line comes together. that performance by the line was an embarassment. i'm pleased that the offense didn't totally fall apart as a result. there's enough talent at the skill positions to remain functional behind incompetence.

as for all the "vanilla D" comments - isn't carolina's D pretty vanilla anyway? also, from what i've seen of the preseason, there has been a lot of blitzing by everyone. sure, that's blitzing without a gameplan, but still, that makes the D's vanilla with some kind of delicious topping.

dplus47
08-25-2006, 12:38 PM
a quick PS: and i'm not intending to flame here...

could everyone please remember this "stick up for the o-line" mentality when people start lining up to scapegoat them whenever the slightest thing goes wrong for losman? it would be nice to move this board beyond that.

mysticsoto
08-25-2006, 01:01 PM
translation: RETREAT!!!!!!!!! :roflmao:

http://tultw.com/pics/wile045.jpg

FTP! :lolabove:

don137
08-25-2006, 03:16 PM

Totally incorrect as usual...The Panthers had there back up Dline in there for the TD drive...Nice try
If Culpepper did so well how many TD drives did he lead them? Answer ZERO
I am not saying the Panthers did great but did the best WR in the league play? Answer NO
You are truly smoking if you think Carolina's defense is not better than the Dolphins. It is pre-season for cryin out loud. Very vanilla on both sides. Sure loved that 4th and goal where Brown was stuffed.
Why didn't you talk about special teams? ANSWER Because the Dolphins special teams absolutely sucked!! The were b%^% slapped all over the field from kick off returns, punt returns, turnovers...

feelthepain
08-25-2006, 06:15 PM
The were b%^% slapped all over the field from kick off returns, punt returns, turnovers...

No that would be what the Bengals did to the Bills last week, but it's only preseason!!

FinFaninBuffalo
08-25-2006, 10:07 PM

Bills fans are looking desparate even earlier than normal this year. The same OL manhandled their pass rush. Carolina has a great DL and they were focusing on stopping the run. Miami shredded their pass defense instead. I don't give a crap how the Fins do it, they outplayed a very good team last night.

!Papacrunk!
08-26-2006, 06:46 AM
Not going against my fellow Phin fans in here, but Bennie Anderson does need to get his head out of his arse. His saving grace, is that his physical stature fits what Houck likes in his o-lineman. With that said, I think one reason us fans always rave about Houck is that he has a successful track history in Dallas, San Diego, etc by taking average lineman and getting the most out of them. It's pretty early, but we'll have to see what Bennie's future will be---f he continues his current route, he will be biding his time until others are healthy. Hopefully Houck can find that Anderson that played with the Ravens all that time ago.

HHURRICANE
09-07-2006, 10:51 PM
Put a cherry on top!! I told you so!!

Devin
09-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Boned.

Michael82
09-07-2006, 11:23 PM
Put a cherry on top!! I told you so!!
:rofl:

15 carries for 30 yards.... 2 yards per carry! :roflmao:

!Papacrunk!
09-07-2006, 11:24 PM
:rofl:

15 carries for 30 yards.... 2 yards per carry! :roflmao:
Two touchdowns, correct? Yep, should've done a lot better against that scrub run D.

Michael82
09-07-2006, 11:29 PM
Two touchdowns, correct? Yep, should've done a lot better against that scrub run D.
2 touchdowns, yes. But that just makes him a Brandon Jacobs or Jerome Bettis. He's not just a goal line back. He's supposed to be the starter. 30 yards is ****ing hilarious! :lmao:

Devin
09-07-2006, 11:30 PM
Saban was just outcoached really. Ronnie Brown will be a 1200 yard back AT LEAST this season. Cowher just had a better gameplan.

Plus it helps to have Joey Porter kicking the snot out your prized QB all evening.