PDA

View Full Version : Great Bills Pre-Season Summary

HHURRICANE
08-25-2006, 08:33 AM
http://www.wgr550.com/column.php?id=0364

QB- JP Losman has the most talent on the Bills roster, the team invested first round picks in him; he has to play. Blame Mike Mularkey and his handling of JP last year, not allowing an informative decision to be made on his future status as the team’s “QB of the future”. With Marv Levy and Dick Jauron not fully knowing everything there is to know about Losman, the team could not take advantage of the gold mine landing in their lap on draft day with Matt Leinart, and having to pass on selecting a QB. Kelly Holcomb is a fine backup but not a guy to lead the Bills back to the playoffs. Craig Nall sounds like a cute idea, but from seeing him throw the ball in camp, I feel that JP still has the most upside. Play Losman, DO NOT PULL HIM, do not think about Holcomb for a couple of weeks either. If Losman plays all 16 games and the team goes 3-13, at least you have the answer to the question and Brady Quinn can be the next guinea pig.

I WANT THE "ANTI-JP" GROUP ON THIS SITE TO GIVE ME THE COUNTER ARGUMENT TO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patrick76777
08-25-2006, 09:07 AM

QB- JP Losman has the most talent on the Bills roster, the team invested first round picks in him; he has to play. Blame Mike Mularkey and his handling of JP last year, not allowing an informative decision to be made on his future status as the team’s “QB of the future”. With Marv Levy and Dick Jauron not fully knowing everything there is to know about Losman, the team could not take advantage of the gold mine landing in their lap on draft day with Matt Leinart, and having to pass on selecting a QB. Kelly Holcomb is a fine backup but not a guy to lead the Bills back to the playoffs. Craig Nall sounds like a cute idea, but from seeing him throw the ball in camp, I feel that JP still has the most upside. Play Losman, DO NOT PULL HIM, do not think about Holcomb for a couple of weeks either. If Losman plays all 16 games and the team goes 3-13, at least you have the answer to the question and Brady Quinn can be the next guinea pig.

I WANT THE "ANTI-JP" GROUP ON THIS SITE TO GIVE ME THE COUNTER ARGUMENT TO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The GR guys have been all over JP's nuts since last season.

I'm ready to give JP his shot. I'm really coming around on him.

Mr. Miyagi
08-25-2006, 09:12 AM
Even if I didn't believe in JP, I'd never regret passing on Leinhart.

Cutler on the other hand looks like freaking lightning in a bottle.

Night Train
08-25-2006, 09:21 AM
the team could not take advantage of the land mine landing in their lap on draft day with Matt Leinart

This needed to be edited.

Leinart wouldn't do *****t in our stadium, once the November winds kicked up. But since he's hyped beyond belief, lets just place him in Canton now. :rolleyes:

justasportsfan
08-25-2006, 10:09 AM
I always thought Cutler would be a MArv type of qb. A pocket passer who could be like Kelly. I have no worries, I'll settle for Steve Young type in JP :couch:

Kerr
08-25-2006, 10:22 AM
Agreed on letting jp finish the season regardless of what the ending record is. In the end the club should know if jp is a part of their long term plans or not.

ICE74129
08-25-2006, 10:40 AM

OUTFRIGGIN STANDING!!! Someone in the media finally gets it!!!!

ICE74129
08-25-2006, 10:41 AM
Even if I didn't believe in JP, I'd never regret passing on Leinhart.

Cutler on the other hand looks like freaking lightning in a bottle.

Agreed but he is in a great system with a PROVEN successful HC.

ICE74129
08-25-2006, 10:46 AM
I always thought Cutler would be a MArv type of qb. A pocket passer who could be like Kelly. I have no worries, I'll settle for Steve Young type in JP :couch:

Rumor had it Wilson wanted Cuttler. Either way we can sit and see how the season goes. I personally think JP can do it. I see in his face and the way he approaches the LOS a totally different QB. On the other hand we could go 3-13 with him and draft Quinn. And you KNOW Thats what Marv and Ralph will do :bandwagon

Saratoga Slim
08-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Agreed but he is in a great system with a PROVEN successful HC.

and an offensive line that could keep Drew Bledsoe upright.

patmoran2006
08-25-2006, 10:56 AM

Steve Young?? LMAO

JP Losman has throw more picks during these four weeks of camp than Young did in his entire career..

JP Losman is NOTHING like Steve Young.. YOung is one of the most accurate passers in NFL history.. JP throws a 45 yard bomb better than a 8 yard out.

Saratoga Slim
08-25-2006, 11:02 AM
You know, while I think Jay Cutler is looking like the real deal, I still think you've got to stand by OBD's decision to pass him up. Throughout the pre-draft process, he really looked, on paper at least from here in the cheap seats, pretty much like a carbon copy of Losman. Great arm, good mobility, pretty good production on a bad college team with a bad OL. At the time, I for one would have questioned drafting another QB with similar credentials to the one we just spent a 1st rounder on, when we don't yet know for sure what Losman can do.

If JP tanks this season and Cutler proves to be a star, hindsight is going to hurt, and Whitner better play like Ed Reed. But if that scenario plays out, hindsight is 20/20 and won't mean that OBD made the wrong decision on draft day.

gil
08-25-2006, 11:05 AM
Steve Young?? LMAO

JP Losman has throw more picks during these four weeks of camp than Young did in his entire career..

JP Losman is NOTHING like Steve Young.. YOung is one of the most accurate passers in NFL history.. JP throws a 45 yard bomb better than a 8 yard out.
Yep, Steve Young was just AWESOME from the very moment he began his career - er, uh, maybe not - Young's first 4 yrs stats...

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="480"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td bgcolor="#ecece4" width="41">YEAR </td> <td bgcolor="#ecece4" width="41">TEAM </td> <td bgcolor="#ecece4" width="41">G/S </td> <td bgcolor="#ecece4" width="41">ATT </td> <td bgcolor="#ecece4" width="41">COMP </td> <td bgcolor="#ecece4" width="41">PCT </td> <td bgcolor="#ecece4" width="41">YDS </td> <td bgcolor="#ecece4" width="41">TD </td> <td bgcolor="#ecece4" width="41">INT </td> <td bgcolor="#ecece4" width="41">RATING </td></tr> <tr valign="top"> <td bgcolor="#ffffff" width="41">1985 </td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff" width="41">Bucs </td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff" width="41">5/5 </td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff" width="41">72 </td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff" width="41">138 </td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff" width="41">52.2 </td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff" width="41">935 </td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff" width="41">3 </td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff" width="41">8 </td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff" width="41">56.9 </td></tr> <tr valign="top"> <td bgcolor="#ecece4" width="41">1986 </td> <td bgcolor="#ecece4" width="41">Bucs </td> <td bgcolor="#ecece4" width="41">14/14</td> <td bgcolor="#ecece4" width="41">195 </td> <td bgcolor="#ecece4" width="41">363 </td> <td bgcolor="#ecece4" width="41">53.7 </td> <td bgcolor="#ecece4" width="41">2282 </td> <td bgcolor="#ecece4" width="41">8 </td> <td bgcolor="#ecece4" width="41">13 </td> <td bgcolor="#ecece4" width="41">65.5 </td></tr> <tr valign="top"> <td bgcolor="#ffffff" width="41">1987 </td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff" width="41">49ers </td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff" width="41">8/3 </td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff" width="41">37 </td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff" width="41">69 </td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff" width="41">53.6 </td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff" width="41">570 </td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff" width="41">10 </td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff" width="41">0 </td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff" width="41">120.8 </td></tr> <tr valign="top"> <td bgcolor="#ecece4" width="41">1988 </td> <td bgcolor="#ecece4" width="41">49ers </td> <td bgcolor="#ecece4" width="41">11/3 </td> <td bgcolor="#ecece4" width="41">54 </td> <td bgcolor="#ecece4" width="41">101 </td> <td bgcolor="#ecece4" width="41">53.5 </td> <td bgcolor="#ecece4" width="41">680 </td> <td bgcolor="#ecece4" width="41">3 </td> <td bgcolor="#ecece4" width="41">3 </td> <td bgcolor="#ecece4" width="41">72.2</td></tr></tbody></table>

Typ0
08-25-2006, 11:36 AM
I don't think they get it at all...sending JP out there last season to get killed when he wasn't doing anything wasn't going to reveal anything about who he is and what he's capable of...the only thing it was going to do was ruin his confidence in himself and could have destroyed him. Let's not forget, JP is a very young kid and a lot of these guys are downright rendered fragile due to the pressure that's placed on them. MM made the right decision last season and apparently I'm one of the only ones to admit it--I don't need to make someone a scapegoat.

Myself, I thought it was silly not to draft Cutler as I've said before. He's just got more market value than DW and we need to solve the QB position so bad that having two big prospects wouldn't be a bad thing.

Mitchy moo
08-25-2006, 11:40 AM
If donte steps up for us and really helps the D, then it was cool. He seems to have alot of upside now and is young. We can keep him for a long time.

TacklingDummy
08-25-2006, 11:53 AM

Don't you mean, Great JP LOsman Pre-Season Summary?

I can't wait for the season to start.