• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Buffalobills.com Training Camp Awards

Hard core football

Best touchdown maker: Robert Royal. He had seven touchdowns in camp. No one else had more than three.

Best takeaway artist: Jabari Greer. He led camp with five interceptions. Matt Bowen and Ko Simpson were runners-up with three apiece.

Best hitter: Angelo Crowell. He had the most cracks on offensive players as he covered more ground than any other linebacker in camp.

Best hands: George Wilson. He didn't get as many reps as guys like Lee Evans, Josh Reed or Peerless Price so there were fewer opportunities for drops, but he had two (by my count) the entire camp and one was a poorly thrown ball.

Best feet: Brian Moorman. Granted it's foot more than feet, but he left fans in attendance with their mouths hanging open when he boomed a pair of 75-yard moon shots during the night practice on Aug. 21.

Best hustler: Larry Tripplett. He forced three fumbles in camp, two of which happened more than ten yards downfield.

Best moves: Roscoe Parrish. The wiry receiver juked at least half a dozen linebackers and defensive backs as well as Moorman on a punt return during camp with his lightning quick maneuvers.

Best anchor: Jason Peters. He was rarely if ever moved in reverse during camp. Honorable mention goes to Aaron Gibson.

Best penetrator: Chris Kelsay: He had the most would-be tackles for loss in camp.

Best collision: Joe Burns and Angelo Crowell. The two of them met in the hole, and even though they pulled up slightly, it didn't take much away from the impact as both stood up each other. Honorable mention to London Fletcher and Willis McGahee.

Best camp surprise: Kyle Williams. He's exceeded everyone's expectations.

Best recovery from injury: Fred Jackson. Somehow he was back on the field two days after what looked like a horrific knee injury. Ligaments made of rubber can be the only logical explanation.

Best tackle by an offensive lineman: Melvin Fowler. After an interception by Rashad Baker, Fowler ran him down and made a text book ankle tackle from behind to bring him down.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • ShadowHawk7
    Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
    • Mar 2003

Re: Buffalobills.com Training Camp Awards

"Best moment of physical comedy: Again Eric Powell come on down. Twice during training camp the offensive and defensive linemen were given the challenge of trying to field simulated kickoffs out of a jugs machine. We can only presume Bobby April wants the men who play in the wedge to be prepared in the event of a short kickoff.

Well Eric Powell looked prepared as he camped himself underneath one particular ball. But as it hurtled back toward Earth, Powell appeared a bit intimidated by the downward speed of the ball. Fearing he might not catch the ball he crouched into a half squat planning to use his thighs to cradle the ball in the event that his hands couldn't slow the ball down enough to make the catch. Good intentions, but poor result.

Powell's hands and forearms slowed the ball down slightly, but not enough. Powell crouched a little lower making his thighs flat like a table, but that unfortunately exposed a very "vulnerable" area. As the ball quickly slid through his hands, the point of the football was stopped by only that "vulnerable" area. Powell quickly keeled over on his side and was down for two to three minutes. The drill continued, but not without uproarious laughter from the rest of his teammates performing the drill.

Honorable mention goes to Tim Anderson and Greg Jerman who were "entertaining" during that drill as well."

Good report. Props to Royal, Crowell, Greer, Wilson and Tripplett. Question: If Gibson was runner up for best Anchor, why the hell is he like the 3rd team RG?
    "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
    -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

My biggest surprises were
      Originally posted by justasportsfan
      Best touchdown maker: Robert Royal. He had seven touchdowns in camp. No one else had more than three.
      If Royals continues his ways, we're already better at the passing game especially in the end zone. Let's not forget how Royals could be very important in JP's success. Also very important in the run/pass block.

Best takeaway artist: Jabari Greer. He led camp with five interceptions. Matt Bowen and Ko Simpson were runners-up with three apiece..
      One person who's been quiet althrought camp happens to be the highest paid player on the team. Watching Chambers make those catches last night scares the ***** out of me especially how he toasted Clements last year.

Best hands: George Wilson. He didn't get as many reps as guys like Lee Evans, Josh Reed or Peerless Price so there were fewer opportunities for drops, but he had two (by my count) the entire camp and one was a poorly thrown ball.
      At first I thought Nance would take his place. Both Wilson and Gates were last years camp biggest surprises. I hope they get a legit shot at seeing the field this year.

Best penetrator: Chris Kelsay: He had the most would-be tackles for loss in camp.]
      this surprised me the most. I was starting to think that high motor meant , they keep chasing their would be target all the time but never get there. I hope he picks it up this year.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
        Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
        • Mar 2003

Perhaps this is the year Kelsay and Denney can provide some semblance of a consistant pash rush opposite Schobel. We can only hope.
        "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
        -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• shelby
          The Vanilla *****
          • Jul 2002

Best feet: Brian Moorman. Granted it's foot more than feet, but he left fans in attendance with their mouths hanging open when he boomed a pair of 75-yard moon shots during the night practice on Aug. 21.

Best camp surprise: Kyle Williams. He's exceeded everyone's expectations.
          Did i mention how much i love Moorman? And i am glad to hear about Kyle Williams, i am really pumped up about this kid!

Comment

Working...
          X