PDA

View Full Version : Deion Branch given a chance to get traded.

ShadowHawk7
08-25-2006, 01:00 PM
Just heard it on ESPNradio. Should we consider pulling the trigger? He could defintely be a bonafide #1 or #2 for years to come IMO. Then we could easily cut underachievers like Reed, Davis, or even Price. I don't know what the Pats want, but I would consider giving a 2nd or a 3th and 5th next year. He could be our Lawyer Milloy of 03'. Just a thought. More of a TD move than Marv move but oh well.

WR1: Evans, Price, Davis
Wr2: Branch, Parrish, Aiken, Wilson

:drool:

gil
08-25-2006, 01:03 PM
no thanks, I'd rather keep Lee and give him the dough to be our #1 when it comes time to extend him - we already have the short/quick receiver thing locked down (but no one of branch's caliber obviously).

bigbub2352
08-25-2006, 01:08 PM
Peerless was close to signing there so they might have interest, any wr beside Lee and a 3rd, that would be a huge compliment to JP and the offense, but i doubt NE would trade him here

The King
08-25-2006, 01:09 PM
No way. He wants top 10 money and he aint a top 10 reciever.

Mr. Miyagi
08-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Branch is over glorified due to the NE system. He leaves the Patriots and will do nothing, much like all the ex-Green Bay receivers that Favre made look good.

BILLSROCK1212
08-25-2006, 01:12 PM
id do it but we'll have to work out the money i see him going to the Vikes

Mr. Miyagi
08-25-2006, 01:17 PM
Or Chicago

Mitchy moo
08-25-2006, 01:20 PM
Evans would love to have him here, it would take the heat off everybody and force the D to play back.

patmoran2006
08-25-2006, 01:21 PM
Just heard it on ESPNradio. Should we consider pulling the trigger? He could defintely be a bonafide #1 or #2 for years to come IMO. Then we could easily cut underachievers like Reed, Davis, or even Price. I don't know what the Pats want, but I would consider giving a 2nd or a 3th and 5th next year. He could be our Lawyer Milloy of 03'. Just a thought. More of a TD move than Marv move but oh well.

WR1: Evans, Price, Davis
Wr2: Branch, Parrish, Aiken, Wilson

:drool:

"Cut underachievers like Reed, Davis or even Price."

Oh.. You mean the three WR's genius GM Marv Levy just personally signed this off-season?

BILLSROCK1212
08-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Or Chicago
possibly for Michael Haynes to play outside LB and

BILLSROCK1212
08-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Or Chicago
possibly for Michael Haynes to play outside LB and more maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder

BILLSROCK1212
08-25-2006, 01:24 PM

Oh.. You mean the three WR's genius GM Marv Levy just personally signed this off-season?
agreed man Davis was a great signing Reed deserves to stay Price has yet to prove himself but give him time this season

Ickybaluky
08-25-2006, 01:28 PM
This is just part of the negotiation process. Rather than letting this drag into the season, Branch can go out and find his value.

It speeds up resolution. Instead of it dragging into the season, Deion will either be signed or traded by the season's start.

It is a smart move. Deion wants to stay, and this is a way to jump-start negotiations. He wants to remain a Patriot, and I bet he signs a long-term deal before the season.

HHURRICANE
08-25-2006, 01:30 PM
If the guy can be happy with #2 than trade Reed or price for him. Evans is our #1 period!! I doubt the Bills are looking at this. We need DE's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mitchy moo
08-25-2006, 01:32 PM
If the guy can be happy with #2 than trade Reed or price for him. Evans is our #1 period!! I doubt the Bills are looking at this. We need DE's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JP needs proven targets, this is one of them.

ShadowHawk7
08-25-2006, 01:33 PM

I'm just saying I'd rather have one Dieon Branch than 2 of Reed, Price, or Davis. I still have my Price jersey, and am rooting for him to become our solid #2, but Branch would still be amazing. It would instantly make our WR corps one of the best on paper.

About ex-packer recievers, I would give a 2nd for J Walker in a second. (no pun intended.) I think he will continue to be a playmaker.

Mitchy moo
08-25-2006, 01:38 PM
I'm just saying I'd rather have one Dieon Branch than 2 of Reed, Price, or Davis. I still have my Price jersey, and am rooting for him to become our solid #2, but Branch would still be amazing. It would instantly make our WR corps one of the best on paper.

About ex-packer recievers, I would give a 2nd for J Walker in a second. (no pun intended.) I think he will continue to be a playmaker.

exactly. It would also leave little doubt about JP talents and give us a better chance to succedd this year. I think this is a ploy to get money in now personally.

Bill Brasky
08-25-2006, 01:39 PM
If the price is right I don't see why they wouldn't go after him. No way NE would trade him to a division rival, but I'd be far more content with our WR's if Branch/Evans was the 1/2 combo.

Would you rather see Price, Reed, or Davis as the #2...

or Branch?

Mr. Miyagi
08-25-2006, 01:39 PM
You haven't seen him play without Favre yet. The jury's still out.

Then there's Corey Bradford, Antonio Freeman, and Bill Schroeder.

bledslow
08-25-2006, 01:44 PM
Branch is over glorified due to the NE system. He leaves the Patriots and will do nothing, much like all the ex-Green Bay receivers that Favre made look good.

UUUMM-There have been a number of receivers to go through the n.e system and suked horse balls.They suked because they suked--period---branch is really good because he can run some incredibly crisp/sharp routes and has great hands-----and does not need a great number1 receiver in order to be real good,like EVANS---

You see how bad evans suked after moulds left??? moulds keep the pressure off of moulds--once eric left,evans was lost--- branch does not need a moulds in order to be good-- thank you and come again.

Mr. Miyagi
08-25-2006, 01:53 PM
You see how bad evans suked after moulds left??? moulds keep the pressure off of moulds--once eric left,evans was lost--- branch does not need a moulds in order to be good-- thank you and come again.
Yeah in that entire season that hasn't been played yet, Evans really sucked without Moulds. :rolleyes:

gr8slayer
08-25-2006, 01:59 PM
Ralph would be too cheap to pay him what he would want.

Kerr
08-25-2006, 03:05 PM
You haven't seen him play without Favre yet. The jury's still out.

Then there's Corey Bradford, Antonio Freeman, and Bill Schroeder.

Wasn't part of the reason those guys coulnd't be as successful on other teams because of injuries??

ShadowHawk7
08-25-2006, 03:09 PM
Trade Reed plus a 3rd for Branch. Now that would be a spectacular trade. Hey Pats fans; would you take that trade?

Evans, Branch, Price, Parrish, Aiken, Davis, Wilson.
:pray:

Mr. Miyagi
08-25-2006, 03:11 PM
Wasn't part of the reason those guys coulnd't be as successful on other teams because of injuries??
I don't think any of those guys were ever injured in their first year away from the Packers.

Corey Bradford has missed only 1 game in 4 years with Houston.
Antonio Freeman started all 16 games with Philly.
Bill Schroder missed 2 games in Detroit.

They just sucked after they left Green Bay.

Ickybaluky
08-25-2006, 03:20 PM
Trade Reed plus a 3rd for Branch. Now that would be a spectacular trade. Hey Pats fans; would you take that trade?

No.

pats-were-right
08-25-2006, 04:07 PM
No.

Seconded.

justasportsfan
08-25-2006, 04:24 PM
UUUMM-There have been a number of receivers to go through the n.e system and suked horse balls.They suked because they suked--period---branch is really good because he can run some incredibly crisp/sharp routes and has great hands-----and does not need a great number1 receiver in order to be real good,like EVANS---

what?

Tatonka
08-25-2006, 05:58 PM
i would take branch in a heartbeat.. i think he is an incredible receiver and he is a great kid too.. he would be an awesome addition to this team and it would be a huge blow to the pats..

i would give up a 2nd round pick for him without thinking twice about it.

Philagape
08-25-2006, 06:17 PM
Ralph would be too cheap to pay him what he would want.

He wants way more than he deserves. He uses Reggie Wayne's deal -- six years, $40 mil -- as a comparison. Um, no. Not for our No. 2 receiver.

Lexwhat
08-26-2006, 01:53 AM
i would take branch in a heartbeat.. i think he is an incredible receiver and he is a great kid too.. he would be an awesome addition to this team and it would be a huge blow to the pats..

i would give up a 2nd round pick for him without thinking twice about it.

Plus - anytime you can upgrade a position, you DO IT. We got cash too.