PDA

View Full Version : Bills looking to sign one of the biggest FA out there

BILLSROCK1212
08-25-2006, 07:11 PM
Kerry Collins is being persued by the Buffalo Bills. As I saw reported on ESPNews by Chris Mortensen, the Bills are one of the leading teams in the chase for Kerry Collins. Others in the race are the Colts who are looking for a back up to Peyton Manning because of Jim Sorgi's injury problems and the Titans who have been mentioned throughout the offseason looking for Collins services. I have read that the Colts may be interested in trading for Kelly Holcomb, so if we make that trade that will take away one team in pursuit of Collins. Collins would deffinetly be a great back up to JP Losman and if Losman went down he could get us some wins. Any thoughts on the situation here?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-25-2006, 07:15 PM
yep bring in collins and then wait for the screaming for him to start from the jp haters as soon as jp throws a pick

shelby
08-25-2006, 07:16 PM
:link:

i don't know if Collins is really what we need here....i think Nall would be a competent backup.

BILLSROCK1212
08-25-2006, 07:17 PM
yep bring in collins and then wait for the screaming for him to start from the jp haters as soon as jp throws a pick
You think Marv cares about what people on this board say as much as what you need to win. I'm not saying that Collins should take JP's place as starter, I'm saying that you need a good back up QB in place incase of injury.

clumping platelets
08-25-2006, 07:17 PM
Just say :no:

Night Train
08-25-2006, 07:19 PM
He's better than Holcomb. Just keep him away from the 10,000 bars in WNY.

THE END OF ALL DAYS

i don't know if Collins is really what we need here....i think Nall would be a competent backup.

I agree shelby. backups are there if the top guy goes down... if the top guy goes down most people just hope to limp thru the rest of the season. Nall is plenty good for a back up and with collins around you still have the threat of DJ pulling a mularky and jerking JP out of the start... and we HAVE to use this season to see if the kid can play!

BILLSROCK1212

i don't have a link i saw it on the HotList earlier today and i don't have anything to back up what i saw on tv

BILLSROCK1212
08-25-2006, 07:20 PM
I agree shelby. backups are there if the top guy goes down... if the top guy goes down most people just hope to limp thru the rest of the season. Nall is plenty good for a back up and with collins around you still have the threat of DJ pulling a mularky and jerking JP out of the start... and we HAVE to use this season to see if the kid can play!

I didn't make this **** up I saw it on TV which means something relating to us signing Collins is coming out of OBD.

shelby
08-25-2006, 07:22 PM
i didn't think you made it up, BILLSROCK....i just was wondering if there was a link anywhere.
:peace:

BILLSROCK1212
08-25-2006, 07:23 PM
i didn't think you made it up, BILLSROCK....i just was wondering if there was a link anywhere.
:peace:
not getting angry man i'm just reacting assuming that that's what you thought and now others wont respnd thinking i made it up

ParanoidAndroid
08-25-2006, 07:24 PM
Our offense needs a leader and honestly, I don't think we have a single one.

Philagape
08-25-2006, 07:25 PM
It's the media that usually makes this stuff up

shelby
08-25-2006, 07:25 PM
not getting angry man i'm just reacting assuming that that's what you thought and now others wont respnd thinking i made it up
i didn't think you made it up at all...i wouldn't be surprised if we are looking to sign Collins...i just feel it's not necessary. Let JP run the O, and keep Nall as the #2 man.

Kerr
08-25-2006, 07:26 PM
Finally! I've been hoping for this for a while. I'd be much more comfortable with Collins backing up jp than those two losers nall and holcomb.

BILLSROCK1212
08-25-2006, 07:27 PM
i didn't think you made it up at all...i wouldn't be surprised if we are looking to sign Collins...i just feel it's not necessary. Let JP run the O, and keep Nall as the #2 man.
I happen to agree man I'd love Nall to be the one to come in if JP got hurt.

Michael82
08-25-2006, 07:28 PM
:ill:

Ebenezer
08-25-2006, 07:33 PM
this has disaster written all over it.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-25-2006, 07:50 PM

are you paranoid? notbody thinks you are making it up. we just want the link to see the info too. you are amongst friends dude... relax :)

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-25-2006, 07:51 PM
Our offense needs a leader and honestly, I don't think we have a single one.

well collins is not the answer to that question, and you dont have any idea what we have at this point.

feelthepain
08-25-2006, 08:02 PM
I thought the whole reason you got rid of Bledsoe was so you could move the satue out of the pocket. Now adding one sounds appealing??

shelby
08-25-2006, 08:02 PM
Give Losman a chance. It's his job to lose, and he knows it. He either steps up to the challenge or he is done.

BILLSROCK1212
08-25-2006, 08:04 PM
are you paranoid? notbody thinks you are making it up. we just want the link to see the info too. you are amongst friends dude... relax :)yea just uptight today srry man

BILLSROCK1212
08-25-2006, 08:05 PM
I thought the whole reason you got rid of Bledsoe was so you could move the satue out of the pocket. Now adding one sounds appealing??
For the most part it was to give Losman the chance to lead this team but instead Mularky let him and Holcomb share the duty.

Kerr
08-25-2006, 08:07 PM
Collins would only be brought in as a backup, period. He's an upgrade over our backups and he has plenty of experience. I don't understand how anyone could be against this particular move.

Meathead
08-25-2006, 08:10 PM
not by a lot but id give collins the nod over holcomb so if they can swap those two out id be pretty happy

nall might end up shining but as of right now hes fools gold

swap collins for holcomb, start jp, keep nall as three

The Spaz
08-25-2006, 08:14 PM
I would cut holcomb and pick up Collins.

YardRat
08-25-2006, 08:19 PM
I would rather go into the season with JP, Nall, and Kingsbury, than bring another vet in like Collins.

I'll pass.

BILLSROCK1212
08-25-2006, 08:21 PM
honestly as long as Holcomb is gone i cudnt care less

Philagape
08-25-2006, 08:27 PM
He would be an upgrade over Holcomb, but I'm hoping Nall earns the backup spot

Michael82
08-25-2006, 08:30 PM
He would be an upgrade over Holcomb, but I'm hoping Nall earns the backup spot
:hi5:

Throne Logic
08-26-2006, 03:23 AM
My God, people?!? Kerry Collins is Drew Friggin' Bledsoe all over again!?! They have nearly identical careers. Both have long ball arms, rack up huge yards, and screw up otherwise wonderful drives with dumb decisions. Neither QB could avoid an uphill bound steamroller. We've been there and done that. No Collins.

Why, in the name of all that's sane, would we want to do this to ourselves? Just think back two years, when Drew and JP were on this team together. That's what we'll have all over again.

Man, my head hurts just thinking about this. I've pinpointed 3 NFL people who have somehow managed to baffle the genaral NFL world with their bull$#!%. Big stats with very little substance of value. Much to my dismay and painful wails, we've already brought in two: Kevin Gilbride and Drew Bledsoe. Thankfully, they're long gone. Please don't bring #3 to Buffalo.

ddaryl
08-26-2006, 04:16 AM
Collins over Holcomb is a no brainer if the price is right.

Holcomb is just as much of a statue as Collins would be so that argument is bunk.

The fact is KH couldn't stretch a rubber band let alone an defense

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-26-2006, 06:55 AM
I like it so long as they make sure he knows he is the backup and they promise JP that there will not be any **** like last year.

shelby
08-26-2006, 07:05 AM
:spit:

Mitchy moo
08-26-2006, 07:24 AM
Collins over Holcomb is a no brainer if the price is right.

Holcomb is just as much of a statue as Collins would be so that argument is bunk.

word.

RedEyE
08-26-2006, 07:26 AM
This is ****ing ******ed. If the Bills sign Collins, JP and the fans relive the '05-'06 season all over again.

Waiting 2 weeks before the regular season commences to sign a FA QB is idiotic.

What was the point of the QB battle? What message does that send to your younger players?

"Hey, basically if you play your ass off and earn the starting position, we will still replace you with a free agent that hasn't so much as looked at a locker room all year! But you know.. hang around and we will see what we can do to earn your keep. "

Signing Collins is season suicide.

TigerJ
08-26-2006, 10:39 AM
Let's just say I'm not thrilled.

ParanoidAndroid
08-26-2006, 11:29 AM
well collins is not the answer to that question, and you dont have any idea what we have at this point.

Collins would not be a sure thing as a leader, that's true, but who is our leader on offense right now?

ShadowHawk7
08-26-2006, 01:07 PM
Collins would create more of a contreversy than Holcomb did. Especially if we start 1-2 and people think Collins "gives us the best chance to win NOW."

shelby
08-26-2006, 02:21 PM
i haven't found anything confirming that the Bills are looking at Collins.
Don't panic, people, this is speculation at this point.

Luisito23
08-26-2006, 02:53 PM
Holcomb, and every other backup that we have sucks with a capital S....why would anyone not want an experienced QB like Collins is beyond me.....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

BILLSROCK1212
08-26-2006, 05:25 PM
i haven't found anything confirming that the Bills are looking at Collins.
Don't panic, people, this is speculation at this point.
when Mortensen said it on tv he didnt say speculation he said the Bills were looking to sign and i know it's not specualtion because he said this is a surprise because the Bills already have a veteran in Holcomb

Kerr
08-26-2006, 08:45 PM
Collins would create more of a contreversy than Holcomb did. Especially if we start 1-2 and people think Collins "gives us the best chance to win NOW."

Not if jauron prevents it from happening. If collins is signed, he knows his role, and that's as backup, period. That's the way it should be. People shouldn't think collins gives a better chance to win. He doesn't have one thing jp has, and that's mobility. JP, from a talent perspective, gives this team the best chance to win.

Nighthawk
08-26-2006, 08:50 PM
when Mortensen said it on tv he didnt say speculation he said the Bills were looking to sign and i know it's not specualtion because he said this is a surprise because the Bills already have a veteran in Holcomb

When and where did he say this? I haven't heard a peep about this...