• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Bills looking to sign one of the biggest FA out there

Kerry Collins is being persued by the Buffalo Bills. As I saw reported on ESPNews by Chris Mortensen, the Bills are one of the leading teams in the chase for Kerry Collins. Others in the race are the Colts who are looking for a back up to Peyton Manning because of Jim Sorgi's injury problems and the Titans who have been mentioned throughout the offseason looking for Collins services. I have read that the Colts may be interested in trading for Kelly Holcomb, so if we make that trade that will take away one team in pursuit of Collins. Collins would deffinetly be a great back up to JP Losman and if Losman went down he could get us some wins. Any thoughts on the situation here?
  • THE END OF ALL DAYS
    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
    • Feb 2005

Re: Bills looking to sign one of the biggest FA out there

yep bring in collins and then wait for the screaming for him to start from the jp haters as soon as jp throws a pick
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla *****
      • Jul 2002

i don't know if Collins is really what we need here....i think Nall would be a competent backup.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
        !?!?!?!?!?
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by keithtr
        yep bring in collins and then wait for the screaming for him to start from the jp haters as soon as jp throws a pick
        You think Marv cares about what people on this board say as much as what you need to win. I'm not saying that Collins should take JP's place as starter, I'm saying that you need a good back up QB in place incase of injury.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Just say

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

He's better than Holcomb. Just keep him away from the 10,000 bars in WNY.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
              The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by shelby

i don't know if Collins is really what we need here....i think Nall would be a competent backup.
              I agree shelby. backups are there if the top guy goes down... if the top guy goes down most people just hope to limp thru the rest of the season. Nall is plenty good for a back up and with collins around you still have the threat of DJ pulling a mularky and jerking JP out of the start... and we HAVE to use this season to see if the kid can play!
              In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                !?!?!?!?!?
                • Mar 2006

i don't have a link i saw it on the HotList earlier today and i don't have anything to back up what i saw on tv

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                  !?!?!?!?!?
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by keithtr
                  I agree shelby. backups are there if the top guy goes down... if the top guy goes down most people just hope to limp thru the rest of the season. Nall is plenty good for a back up and with collins around you still have the threat of DJ pulling a mularky and jerking JP out of the start... and we HAVE to use this season to see if the kid can play!
                  I didn't make this **** up I saw it on TV which means something relating to us signing Collins is coming out of OBD.

Comment

• shelby
                    The Vanilla *****
                    • Jul 2002

i didn't think you made it up, BILLSROCK....i just was wondering if there was a link anywhere.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                      !?!?!?!?!?
                      • Mar 2006

i didn't think you made it up, BILLSROCK....i just was wondering if there was a link anywhere.
                      not getting angry man i'm just reacting assuming that that's what you thought and now others wont respnd thinking i made it up

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                        • Apr 2004

Our offense needs a leader and honestly, I don't think we have a single one.

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

It's the media that usually makes this stuff up
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• shelby
                            The Vanilla *****
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
                            not getting angry man i'm just reacting assuming that that's what you thought and now others wont respnd thinking i made it up
                            i didn't think you made it up at all...i wouldn't be surprised if we are looking to sign Collins...i just feel it's not necessary. Let JP run the O, and keep Nall as the #2 man.

Comment

• Kerr
                              Hall of Fame Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Finally! I've been hoping for this for a while. I'd be much more comfortable with Collins backing up jp than those two losers nall and holcomb.

Comment

Working...
                              X