• Show
Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Some Bills news from KFFL

Bills | Powell front-runner for No. 4 defensive end spot
    Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:57:07 -0700
    Allen Wilson, of the Buffalo News, reports Buffalo Bills DE Eric Powell appears to be the front-runner for the team's No. 4 defensive end spot.

Bills | Thomas ahead in battle for No. 2 running back
    Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:52:29 -0700
    Allen Wilson, of the Buffalo News, reports Buffalo Bills RB Anthony Thomas is leading the competition for the No. 2 running back spot behind starting RB Willis McGahee.

Bills | Spikes remains questionable Saturday
    Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:37:02 -0700
    Chris Brown, of BuffaloBills.com, reports Buffalo Bills LB Takeo Spikes (Achilles') remains a game-time decision for the team's preseason game Saturday, Aug. 26.
  • shelby
    The Vanilla admin
    • Jul 2002

Re: Some Bills news from KFFL

i'd be happy to see Spikes sit out Saturday's game....save it for the regular season.

Thanks for the info!

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by shelby
      i'd be happy to see Spikes sit out Saturday's game....save it for the regular season.

Thanks for the info!
      I want him to get some game action before the Patriots game, even if it's just one series.

Comment

• shelby
        The Vanilla admin
        • Jul 2002

Ok, but if he gets hurt, i'm going to kick your at the home opener, Mikey!

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
          The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
          I want him to get some game action before the Patriots game, even if it's just one series.
          Mikey, I have never "groaned" you, but that one was close :)

Spikes should not be on the field till pats game... the guy has played plenty of football and knows how to bring it... save it till it counts :)
          In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by keithtr
            Mikey, I have never "groaned" you, but that one was close :)

Spikes should not be on the field till pats game... the guy has played plenty of football and knows how to bring it... save it till it counts :)
            I'm just saying....every player needs preseason, especially after they missed a whole season and haven't had a chance to do much hitting or tackling. I don't want him to go down in the first series against the Patriots because he took a big hit that he wasn't used to.

Comment

• socalfan
              Old Fogey from Cali
              • Feb 2003

I think the coaches are wondering if they should put him on the pup list, they'll give themselves another spot on the active list until TKO is actually prepared to play. He doesn't seem to be now.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                • Mar 2003

I want to see some damn production from the 4th DE tonight.
                "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• camelcowboy
                  • Mar 2005

Just for the mental side of it, TKO needs some reps in the preseason. One of the biggest problems with a major injury is that players aren't confident when they comeback on the field, Even if Takeo has the injury in back of his head, then how ready for the season can he be. He needs a seris or two this week, and a quarter next week to gain a little real game confidence. If New England is the first game he plays then the bills are at a disadvantage. How can he focus on zones, and man assignments at the same time as worrying about how he's holding up. Moment he's 100 % is when he can play without fear.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

The chargers kept LT out of preseason. Good move IMO. He will be very important for first time starter , Rivers.

Unlike LT, Spikes is coming off a major injury , I'm not against sitting him the entire preseason except for the last preseason game to get his feet wet and just to see if he's ready for the Pats. . It's not like he's a rookie or inexperienced that he doesn't know what preseason is like.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞