PDA

View Full Version : Looking forward to the Browns game

TigerJ
08-25-2006, 09:01 PM
This is probably the most important preseason game for the Bills since it is the third preseason game. It will look a little more like a regular season game than the other three, especially the first and the last. That's because coaches generally target the third game to give starters the most playing time. It's really the tune-up game for the regular season.

There are a couple of other reasons I'm looking forward to it. First, it's a game against a rather average opponent. Carolina, our first opponent is touted by many as a Super Bowl contender. They are very good, and were clearly more physical than our team was, and probably more ready to play. Consequently, until the game moved into the second quarter and reserves started playing Buffalo could do nothing offensively. We can't really make a comparison because Kelly Holcomb started and led Buffalo on four straight 3 and out series (actually three 3 and out series - the third of Holcomb's series was 2 and intercepted). We can't really know if JP would have done any better, but Willis was also completely ineffective running the ball. In any case, I really don't think Cleveland's defense is as good as Carolina's, or Cincinnati's, though Romeo Crennel probably has things moving in the right direction The point is, it lets us see if there is any likelihood Buffalo's offense can be more effective against opponents who are in the middle of the pack.

It will also give us a clue perhaps as to how seriously JP took the message about taking care of the ball. And of course it will show us how Buffalo's defense might fare against an average opponent, though Cincinnati's and Carolina's offenses were probably a lot closer to average than their defenses given the lack of Steve Smith for Carolina and Carson Palmer for Cincinnati.

How does anyone else feel about the Cleveland game?

shelby
08-25-2006, 09:06 PM
i'm interested in seeing how JP performs.
{Of course, i won't be able to see the game, but you understand my point.}
i still have concerns with JP and the O line. i think our D is fine.
i pray there are no injuries.

The_Philster
08-26-2006, 07:25 AM
As it stands now, the game will reair on NFL Network at 6am Sunday and 4pm Tuesday

shelby
08-26-2006, 08:01 AM
UGH.
i have two choices....get Field Pass, or go out and watch the game.
i wonder if my mom will be willing to babysit.:scratch: