PDA

View Full Version : Matt Leinart

Kerr
08-25-2006, 09:08 PM
11/13 100 1 TD so far.
Pretty impressive for a guy who missed a lot of TC.

Philagape
08-25-2006, 09:11 PM
He may turn out to be better than JP, who knows. But if JP and Whitner still turn out pretty good, it doesn't matter what Leinart does. The difference would be worth getting a stud defender.

L.A. Playa
08-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Leinart is a left handed younger Holcomb

BILLSROCK1212
08-25-2006, 09:14 PM
I honestly couldn't care less about how well Leinart does. If the Bills succeed that's great but if they don't then oh well, no one is perfect and there is always ifs ands and buts. You just can't control that which sort of sucks.

Ickybaluky
08-25-2006, 09:17 PM
The kid has pro poise and a great feel for the game.

He is going to be real good. His arm strength is fine, that is one aspect of playing QB that is overrated.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-25-2006, 09:18 PM
are we forever going to play the stupid "what if" game and whimper at every spasm that Leinart does for the rest of his career?

Leinart is not a Bill. get over it. move on.

:)

L.A. Playa
08-25-2006, 09:19 PM
The kid has pro poise and a great feel for the game.

He is going to be real good. His arm strength is fine, that is one aspect of playing QB that is overrated.

I dont know about that I watched him play at USC and yes he had a great career, but some of the throws he got away with at USC he will not get away with in the NFL he is a winner and you cant teach that and a tough SOB another thing you cant teach, but he is not someone that is gonna succeed without a string running game because if you take away the underneath routes he is not gonna hit the out routes and deep routes consistently enough for a defense to respect his arm

Kerr
08-25-2006, 09:28 PM
Simmer down people. There are no regrets for not taking leinart, but I just wanted to point out that it was impressive the way he's played for missing so much training camp. That's all.

L.A. Playa
08-25-2006, 09:29 PM
its a slow early friday evening and we are discussing a football player on a football board hmmmm imagine that

Ickybaluky
08-26-2006, 12:36 AM
I dont know about that I watched him play at USC and yes he had a great career, but some of the throws he got away with at USC he will not get away with in the NFL he is a winner and you cant teach that and a tough SOB another thing you cant teach, but he is not someone that is gonna succeed without a string running game because if you take away the underneath routes he is not gonna hit the out routes and deep routes consistently enough for a defense to respect his arm

I think he is a classic WCO QB. He is accurate, poised, makes quick decisions, has a quick release and pretty mobile. Great fit for Denny Green's offense.

Did you watch him against the Bears tonight? He was rifling the ball downfield accurately. He doesn't get flustered, and while occasionally making a mistake with his footwork, he moves well in the pocket. He tends to throw the ball all wrist and doesn't always set his feet, but when he does set in the pocket he can put plenty on the ball. However, he was going to the right places with the ball and was plenty accurate.

The drive he led the Cardinals' on right before the half in less than a minute to set up a FG was impressive. He didn't panic and worked the ball downfield, using the sidelines early on and then throwing a couple deeper down the middle to get in FG range because he knew he had 2 TO. Just a well-managed drive that led to points, after the Card's stopped Chicago on 4th down. He looked like a veteran.

Then, early in the 3rd quarter he took over after Arizona picked off Rex Grossman and led them to a TD. He stepped up early in the drive and threw a 20+ yard seam route to Larry Fitzgerald on a line. Later, he rolled out to his left and threw a perfect strike to TE Leonard Pope. After a couple runs only netted a few yards, he moved to his right and threw a quick out to Bryant Johnson for a TD.

The kid is remarkably developed for a rookie QB, and will make a quick impact. I bet he is the Cardinals starter by midseason, if not sooner. He has a big advantage over Warner playing behind Arizona's line, because he moves well to avoid pressure and gets rid of the ball very quickly.

Leinart is going to be a very good NFL player.

ICE74129
08-26-2006, 12:51 AM
Yeah, he looks like JP WOULD HAVE LOOKED if his team mates and coaches hadn't screwed him last year.

bledslow
08-26-2006, 01:01 AM

OH BROTHER OH BROTHER OH FRIGGEN BROTHER.---This guys arm strength is PLENTY good enough--he can throw a 25 yard dart with a flick of the wrist on the money--- respecting the long ball catch phrase is so overrated and over-used

Every qb to have ever played the game has made poor throws and gotten away with in the nfl at some point, montana, unitas, kelly, brady,elway,favre ect, and it will continue to happen because there is no perfect qb.leinart will be no different,nfl receivers (and college) can make up for bad throws by adjusting routes(it happens all the time). And leinart does not make poor throws on a regular basis,he usually gets the ball where it's needed on time with accuracy. Theres is no doubt in my mind that he will have a much better nfl career then losman because he just a flat out better/smarter qb(easily).

OpIv37
08-26-2006, 01:25 AM
Leinart is a left handed younger Holcomb

do you mean that as a compliment or an insult?

Typ0
08-26-2006, 06:30 AM
Yeah, he looks like JP WOULD HAVE LOOKED if his team mates and coaches hadn't screwed him last year.

yet another dumb ass posts from the school of ice.