Anyone else worried about our offensive line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Anyone else worried about our offensive line?

Here is how it stands right now....

LT Kris Farris (yeah, he's big...but he couldn't block the 2nd and 3rd stringers last week. How the hell could GW put him at LT? Drew is going to get killed!!!)

LG Michael Early/Ruben Brown (Sure Ruben is the starter and does a good job...but Michael Early sucks...i sure hope Ruben comes back for next weeks game...or Drew will get killed!)

C Trey Teague (Trey is a left tackle and still has not caught on to the Center position. He is good, but not a great C. He is getting paid wayyy too much to be the Center.)

RG Marques Sullivan/Jerry Ostroski (Marques has proved he can do a good job at RG so far...but the job is Jerry's once he comes back, IMHO.)

RT Mike Williams (He will be a great starting LT eventually...but for now he is going to be a rookie starting RT. Sure he'll be solid...but I expect him to have some rookie troubles too.)

Backups (These scare the heck out of me):

Marcus Price (He has shown nothing so far and if he has to start...we are in trouble.)

Corey Hulsey has still shown nothing, although i'd rather see him in over Michael Early!

Jon Carmen (Do I even have to say anything?)

Bill Conaty (I don't know about you guys...but to me, Conaty did a good job at center last season and if the choice is either Conaty at Center and Teague at LT or Teague at Center and Kris Farris at LT...then i'd definitely rather have the first choice!)
    Last edited by Michael82; 08-15-2002, 07:43 PM.
  • Bufftp
    Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Whom do you suggest for LT?
    I agree what looked like an improved area prior to camp, now looks like trouble.
    Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
    "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
    Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
    - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
    to be led by permanent ideals -
    that is what keeps a man patient
    when the world ignores him,
    and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

I'm with you on Conaty, Mikey. He wasn't great but he gutted it out through a tough year with a separated shoulder.
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Exactly! They even resigned Conaty! I'm sure he wouldn't have re-signed if he knew they'd throw him in as a backup. He played injured all last year and still was pretty solid! I like Teague at LT. Jennings didn't mind Center in the offseason and would make a good one, IMHO! So use Conaty at C until Jennings comes back and put Trey Teague back at his position, LT!

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
          Expert on Experts
          • Jul 2002

Re: Anyone else worried about our offensive line?

YES

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

It's too late to shuffle them around. We're screwed. Now both our lines suck.

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

I think Price is gonna start ahead of Farris. Hopefully the Bills will just have DB keep handing off to the RBs instead of droping back for target practice (for Minnesota defensive linemen). Who knows maybe after a bunch of running plays Buffalo might figure out how to move the ball on the ground. Hey! I'm just trying to look on the bright side here.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• H2OBFLO
                • Jul 2002

Injuries to our o-line do have me worried, especially when they say Drew is going to play the majority of the first half. Healthy, we sounded great, Jennings-Ruben-Trey-Sullivan(or)Oz-Big Mike, but as soon as someone goes down, it's worrying time. Conaty can fill at center, Oz was everywhere last year until his leg, the rest of the backup is questional, but we still are better than last year! But to answer the question, YES. along with the defensive line.
                GO BILLS!!!
                Cold BEER,Hot WINGS and Friends.

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Mike is right....play Teague at LT...Conanty at C. Then when Jennings comes back he can replace the guy who isn't doing as well as the other. it would be a competition.
                  Its all about the quest.

Comment

• Buffarama
                    Football-Sport of the Gods
                    • Jul 2002

They (coaches) out hought themselves again. This isn't a video game or football sim on paper, these guys get hurt. Now, they can't do the obvious and put Teague back at LT, they have to save face. Meanwhile, Williams is stuck at RT, and we have last years LT protecting Drew.
                    They shoulda stuck with Teague at LT. Now they painted temselves in a corner.
                    They also need to start figuring out why all their linemen are going down in practice. This is what I feared from the start, these line coaches we have.

Comment

Working...
                    X