PDA

View Full Version : John Clayton on qb situation in buffalo

Kerr
08-25-2006, 10:42 PM
J.P. Losman (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6781) has all but won the Bills quarterback job. That's not a surprise. He is faster and has better arm strength than Kelly Holcomb (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=3873) and Craig Nall (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6050). Plus, new offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild wanted a stronger-armed quarterback for his version of the Rams offense.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp06/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2558497&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

billsburgh
08-26-2006, 12:15 AM
that Clayton is really on top of things. tell us something we dont already know John

Ebenezer
08-26-2006, 12:21 AM
J.P. Losman (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6781) has all but won the Bills quarterback job. That's not a surprise. He is faster and has better arm strength than Kelly Holcomb (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=3873) and Craig Nall (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6050). Plus, new offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild wanted a stronger-armed quarterback for his version of the Rams offense.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp06/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2558497&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines
I could have told him that and I haven't been to camp this year.

OpIv37
08-26-2006, 01:26 AM
too bad we don't have the WR's or the OL for the Rams' offense

Mr. Cynical
08-26-2006, 01:35 AM

..or Faulk (in his prime where he made their offense unstoppable)

HAMMER
08-26-2006, 09:01 AM
that Clayton is really on top of things. tell us something we dont already know John

Uhhhh, maybe the rest of the world doesn't know, they don't spend time on a Bills MB.

Night Train
08-26-2006, 10:20 AM
90 % of the national sport stories we read are pure filler...on several levels. Maybe one peek of the team, then 3rd hand info from other people.

As far as the off-season is concerned, we as a group, know 10 TIMES more about everyone on this team. I've been to several camp sessions and read what Mickey,Chris Brown, The Buff News reporters and many posters here , who attend ALL the practices, have to say. I have good ideas because I've seen them many times already.

Clayton, Mort, King, Prisco, Dr. Z....who cares what they have to say ? It's like reading a gossip sheet.

mybills
08-26-2006, 10:23 AM
Nall has two more shots to prove himself, so Clayton could be wrong. :snicker:

mybills
08-26-2006, 10:23 AM
And no, I'm not a JP hater.

X-Era
08-26-2006, 10:24 AM
90 % of the national sport stories we read are pure filler...on several levels. Maybe one peek of the team, then 3rd hand info from other people.

As far as the off-season is concerned, we as a group, know 10 TIMES more about everyone on this team. I've been to several camp sessions and read what Mickey,Chris Brown, The Buff News reporters and many posters here , who attend ALL the practices, have to say. I have good ideas because I've seen them many times already.

Clayton, Mort, King, Prisco, Dr. Z....who cares what they have to say ? It's like reading a gossip sheet.

I agree 300000%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The media simply regurgitates other peoples comments and only comments once something is blatantly obvious.

If you want to hear something everyone knows already you listen to the sports media. Gosh, THAT sounds entertaining.

Your right, I would listen to Mikey any day of the week over WGR, Buff News, or any other clown hack!

lordofgun
08-26-2006, 11:52 AM
I agree 300000%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a lot.

Tatonka
08-26-2006, 04:58 PM

did someone steal your purse? is that why you cry so often about everything? do you have a yeast infection or something?

jesus christ.. this kind of comment is really the only thing your good at.. constant crying like a little girl.

have you had several people you know blow their brains out?

OpIv37
08-26-2006, 05:21 PM
did someone steal your purse? is that why you cry so often about everything? do you have a yeast infection or something?

jesus christ.. this kind of comment is really the only thing your good at.. constant crying like a little girl.

have you had several people you know blow their brains out?

no, but I have watched several years of ****ty Bills football.

I have seen training camp and our first two preseason games go by with no one emerging as the #2 receiver behind Evans, yet morons keep saying this crap about the Rams' offense. Please.

Tatonka
08-26-2006, 05:25 PM
ok.. and your point is that because of crappy football, you have the excuse to be the most miserable annoying, obnoxious POS on the face of the planet? cool. i guess it doesnt take much for some people to be the tird floating in the punchbowl.

Mr. Cynical
08-26-2006, 05:47 PM
turd

:;

Captain gameboy
08-26-2006, 05:48 PM
Clayton is Ipecac syrup.

OpIv37
08-26-2006, 07:48 PM
ok.. and your point is that because of crappy football, you have the excuse to be the most miserable annoying, obnoxious POS on the face of the planet? cool. i guess it doesnt take much for some people to be the tird floating in the punchbowl.

no one forces you to come to this message board.

no one forces you to read my posts.

if you find me stating the truth to be that irritating, then put me on ignore or just don't read my posts.

Some of you may have the ability to be upbeat and positive about something that has been a consistent disappointment to you for a decade. I sure as hell don't.

Tatonka
08-26-2006, 07:56 PM
just off yourself.. your attitude seems like you want to.

OpIv37
08-26-2006, 08:02 PM
just off yourself.. your attitude seems like you want to.

right, because my attitude about a consistently disappointing football team is the same as my attitude about everything in life :rolleyes:

you get pissed at me, you get pissed at TD- the point is that you just can't take it when people say bad things about this team, regardless of whether or not it's 100% true. If some of us are disappointed in this team and openly express that fact, what's it to you? Don't let other people get to you so much.

X-Era
08-26-2006, 09:00 PM
That's a lot.

Yes........in other words I strongly agree.

!Papacrunk!
08-27-2006, 06:03 AM
right, because my attitude about a consistently disappointing football team is the same as my attitude about everything in life :rolleyes:

you get pissed at me, you get pissed at TD- the point is that you just can't take it when people say bad things about this team, regardless of whether or not it's 100% true. If some of us are disappointed in this team and openly express that fact, what's it to you? Don't let other people get to you so much.

To give an outsider's opinion here, it seems like some, not all, but some people that share these types of views are people that like the "realists" are the next step up from the "homers" on the evolutionary message board level. They are so utterly and obsessively in love with the team and their success, that it takes an extreme amount of positive things to happen for them to see any sort of marked improvement. Some see some positive signs, and it's just good enough for them, but the realists aren't satisfied and complacent with those same results. IMO, I think the only thing they may have to do is develop a bit more patience (even though they feel that they gave up on patience a long time ago.) I'm sure it does get old to see them poo poo every single thing, but they seem to want and expect so much out of the team, that they are only satisfied until all of the pieces have finally fell into place. Even though it's more entertaining to see a split of rival fans on a message board, I think the homers and the realists should realize that they really aren't that much different than each other. Then again, I am just an outsider and a guest that may be way off, lol.

Bill Brasky
08-27-2006, 01:40 PM
WHO CARES WHAT JOHN CLAYTON SAYS. This guy is a misinformed douche... he even said on the radio that he's watched every preseason game this year except the BUF/CIN game... how can he know who's better if he doesn't watch the team. Idiot.