• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

And at #8 the Bills choose....

We had the choice. Who so far looks to be worth the #8 pick?

P.S. Fox article on Leinart against the Bears:

Get NFL news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: And at #8 the Bills choose....

I'm not sold on Whitner, but I think it was a good choice to pass on Leinart.

Time will tell.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
      Maybe?
      • Oct 2003

I realize that at the time of the draft JP had only 8 games under his belt behind a putrid oline and coaching staff, so it's not a "gimme" to take yet another QB. However, like Bush, I think Leinart is one of those special ones you take if you have the chance. Preseason is a far cry from the regular season so we don't know the real deal just yet, but even with his limited NFL exposure you can see he has "it".

Nothing against Whitner - he may turn out to be a solid safety - but you build franchises around QB, RB and to some degree LT.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
        I realize that at the time of the draft JP had only 8 games under his belt behind a putrid oline and coaching staff, so it's not a "gimme" to take yet another QB. However, like Bush, I think Leinart is one of those special ones you take if you have the chance. Preseason is a far cry from the regular season so we don't know the real deal just yet, but even with his limited NFL exposure you can see he has "it".

Nothing against Whitner - he may turn out to be a solid safety - but you build franchises around QB, RB and to some degree LT.
        I see your point and what it comes down to is this:

The Whitner pick was questionable and the kid better show something quick to justify Marv's selection. Otherwise we're right back to where TD left us- 5 years of bad to mediocre drafts that hosed this franchise.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

Leinhart or Cutler was the right pick. Nothing against DW but those two guys have much higher market value for the same price here. Also, we need the QB position solved and we would have had much better odds of having it solved with two very talented prospects instead of one.

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
            Leinhart or Cutler was the right pick. Nothing against DW but those two guys have much higher market value for the same price here. Also, we need the QB position solved and we would have had much better odds of having it solved with two very talented prospects instead of one.
            why stop at 2? Let's tank the season...jerk around another young guy this year..and grab Brady Quinn next year
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• John Doe
              Florida Man
              • Jul 2002

This year's draft could go down as one of the best ever for the Bills. There is the distinct possibility that it could eventually produce 6 starters on defense and maybe a couple on offense.

I think that the front office did an outstanding job. They tried to maximize the production of the draft by allowing Losman to develop instead of drafting another QB.

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                why stop at 2? Let's tank the season...jerk around another young guy this year..and grab Brady Quinn next year
                I thought you hooted and hollered about taking a statistics class once! how would it be jerking someone around?

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

I've never hooted and hollered for one
                  For another, the coaches jerked around JP last year...how was he supposed to improve much like that?
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• clumping platelets

Brady Quinn = $30 million guaranteed money

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                      Brady Quinn = $30 million guaranteed money

I think he is great, he may end being worth more.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

He hasn't even finished his senior college season yet. What if he tanks this year or is injured.

Whitner will be a solid/great Safety for years. I can't see Leinert in Buffalo. For one he doesn't have a strong arm. How would he play in the winter months? Secondly he is Mr. Hollywood. I can't see him being happy here.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                          He hasn't even finished his senior college season yet. What if he tanks this year or is injured.

Whitner will be a solid/great Safety for years. I can't see Leinert in Buffalo. For one he doesn't have a strong arm. How would he play in the winter months? Secondly he is Mr. Hollywood. I can't see him being happy here.
                          I would of taken him in a minute, we needed hollywood in Buffalo.

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

Good JP + good Whitner > anything Leinart does.
                            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• HAMMER
                              I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                              • Jul 2003

I was, and still am torn on this one. Leinart will be a terrific NFL QB and I don't think arm strength would have been any issue at all. But I still believe Losman can be a great QB once he is seasoned. If Whitner does for our defense what Mike Brown did for the Bears, then I say we made out well.

Comment

Working...
                              X