I saw "invincible" last night.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

I saw "invincible" last night.............

It focused around Papale a south Philly guy with real talent and no previous playing history in 1976. He was officially the oldest rookie to not have played college football. After sitting there and reflecting, I think we are totally lost this season. Barring a miracle, this team has no names and has already accepted mediocrity. The players in that movie knew about roger staubach and the other talented teams and feared them. They expected the events to unfold and they did. We are expecting to lose this season and lose we will. The whole who is the QB and who do we have attitude = weakness. If we came out and said this is our guy and he will do it, he can be convinced. Having to battle it out with KH means we are in a real sad spot, real sad.
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: I saw "invincible" last night.............

This can be fixed in only one way. Toss KH, Nall and all the other losers out. There is no reason to think that career back ups can find their stride or do it. They are nothing and deserve no time on the field. I personally would approach every season as we are going to be the world champs. DJ and ML have basically said we are rebuilding, which really means they don't know how to put it together with what's available. It's a shame and I have to just accept it. Maybe with any luck RW will move on and we can get a real coaching staff and aggressive player hunters. We are going to get our wish by the end of the year, prepare for Quinn.

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla *****
      • Jul 2002

Skoob, JP will be the starter. It will be announced before the regular season begins. Nall will be the # 2, and if we dump Holcomb, so much the better.
      We are rebuilding this season, and it would be foolish to think otherwise.
      i doubt any of the players will go into the season with the mindset that it's all meaningless, as they are going to lose anyway. Professional athletes don't cultivate that attitude. They will do their best with what they've got.
      Take the noose down, man, it isn't that bad.

That being said, how was the movie? i want to see it.

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

WORST ****ING THREAD EVER!!! I'm getting really tired of this whoa is me, I'll be the martyr bulldookie.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by shelby
          Skoob, JP will be the starter. It will be announced before the regular season begins. Nall will be the # 2, and if we dump Holcomb, so much the better.
          We are rebuilding this season, and it would be foolish to think otherwise.
          i doubt any of the players will go into the season with the mindset that it's all meaningless, as they are going to lose anyway. Professional athletes don't cultivate that attitude. They will do their best with what they've got.
          Take the noose down, man, it isn't that bad.

That being said, how was the movie? i want to see it.

The movie was great and a real inspiration. It made me think about how the players interact and how the coach has to deal with things. Dick Vermeil never gives up and he always pushes, we need that here. Accepting how things are or second place makes you there first loser.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by RedEyE
            WORST ****ING THREAD EVER!!! I'm getting really tired of this whoa is me, I'll be the martyr bulldookie.
            I will love the Bills until the day I die. We are not preparing for victory this season, we are preparing for guidance. Jimbo always walked as we we're going to win, without saying how great he was. He thought this team was going to win and we knew with 2 minutes left, down 2 points they would pull it off. Can you really safely say this feeling is here right now?

They need a head shrink to drill it into their heads that they are they greatest team ever, maybe and just maybe then we'll get to 3-13.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

In all honesty saying that you are the best RB or have a hall of fame defense is an embarassment. Who makes that determination, the players or the people watching the games? I really always wanted the Bills to talk less and do more. There was no reason to point out the obvious to other's. It make you a self gloating ***hole and really shows you have no class. I am really concerned about this year, we all should be.

Comment

• shelby
                The Vanilla *****
                • Jul 2002

i'm not going to hang myself over it, Skoob.

Please try to keep the Chicken Little mentality to a minimum...you're bumming us out dude~

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

If my Buffalo Thread was moved why does this crap get to stay Shelby!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                    Roways rooking ahread!
                    • Sep 2005

i'm not going to hang myself over it, Skoob.

Please try to keep the Chicken Little mentality to a minimum...you're bumming us out dude~
                    Chicken little said the sky is fallen, the sky has fallen already here, at least in the players minds.

Comment

• shelby
                      The Vanilla *****
                      • Jul 2002

Point taken THURM!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                        Roways rooking ahread!
                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                        If my Buffalo Thread was moved why does this crap get to stay Shelby!
                        This is about football, yours is about life in Buffalo. I can make a thread about the outskirts of every city that has an NFL team, that doesn't mean it's about football.

Comment

• shelby
                          The Vanilla *****
                          • Jul 2002

Skoob, sometimes i agree with you....but i am tired of reading these doom and gloom posts. Can you find something postive to talk about please?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

I win Skooby!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

Skoob, sometimes i agree with you....but i am tired of reading these doom and gloom posts. Can you find something postive to talk about please?
                              i'll try.
                              Last edited by Mitchy moo; 08-26-2006, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X