• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Does anyone else find it odd...

that as of yesterday, Spikes was still listed as day-to-day for tonight's game? Do they honestly expect us to believe that after 11 MONTHS of recovery, an additional 24-36 hours is going to be the difference in whether or not he's ready to go?

This is some kind of PR game- there is one of two things going on:

1. They've known Spikes is ready for a while, and they're playing this game to give the public appearance of careful deliberation before putting him on the field.

2. They know he won't be ready, but he's trying to make the fans more confident that he will be ready for the opener in NE. "Well, I was almost ready two weeks ago, and now I've had two additional weeks of rehab and conditioning. "
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • LtFinFan66
    • Mar 2005

Re: Does anyone else find it odd...

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

3.) They're not taking any chances and resting him so he's fresh for regular season.

Comment

• mybills
        81 st zoner
        • Jul 2002

Spikes said he'll be ready for the opener. That's all I care about.
        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
          3.) They're not taking any chances and resting him so he's fresh for regular season.
          if that were the case, why BS by listing him as day-to-day for the PS game? Hence, my second option
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

Seriously, I'm not trying to be funny or condescending. The preseason is already too long as is. Right now the Bills know that a healthy Spikes is going to start.

They need to use this time to see what the rest of the "unknown" players are capable of. The roster has to be trimmed to 65 players by COB Tuesday and down to 53 the following week.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mybills
              Spikes said he'll be ready for the opener. That's all I care about.
              well of course he's going to say that- it doesn't make it true. He's not going to publicly admit that he won't be ready.

And being recovered enough to play is different from being ready to play. He may be on the field, but without any full-contact practice in preseason games, he won't be ready and it will show.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

Didn't somebody say he IS practicing?
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                  My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                  • Apr 2004

Spikes will make his comeback in the opener, and Bruschi will make his comeback in the opener. It will make for an interesting story and the more they set it up, the better. Even if they play a little in the last pre-season game or 2, only the regular season matters.
                  As far as being listed day-to-day, that's just how they do it when it comes down to a player-coach game day decision.
                  Takeo has said several times that he wants to get out there and play, but he is resisting that urge. The doctors have cleared him to play, he's been practicing, and his conditioning is coming along. If he wants more conditioning time before he gets into a game situation, then that's just being smart. It's the players that come in out of shape that get the injuries for the most part.
                  If the flexibility in that calf is not where it should be, the doctors would not clear him to play.

Comment

• RedEyE
                    • Jul 2002

The media serioulsy hypes this **** up more then it needs to be.

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

The media serioulsy hypes this **** up more then it needs to be.
                      So do threads like this
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Seriously, I'm not trying to be funny or condescending. The preseason is already too long as is. Right now the Bills know that a healthy Spikes is going to start.

They need to use this time to see what the rest of the "unknown" players are capable of. The roster has to be trimmed to 65 players by COB Tuesday and down to 53 the following week.
                        so, you think Spikes can come in and play at an NFL level after almost a year of no-full contact play? Somehow I doubt it.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mybills
                          Didn't somebody say he IS practicing?
                          NFL teams never practice full speed/full contact because of the risk of injury. Playing in a real game where 300 lb O-linemen and 275 lb fullbacks are trying to run straight through him is completely different than when they push him once and then let up.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

No one has answered my initial question: what's the point of listing Spikes day-to-day other than a PR gimmick?
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

Who gives a crap what they say now? This is something Patti would ask. It probably just depends on how it's feeling today. Of all the things ... a nonspecific term regarding a preseason game two weeks before the opener ...
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X