PDA

View Full Version : Ok Jauron, its over...name the kid.

ICE74129
08-26-2006, 07:59 PM
In fact its past time to name him but thats moot point. Name JP the starter Tomorrow or Monday latest, trade or cut holcomb and lets move on.

Mitchy moo
08-26-2006, 08:01 PM
In fact its past time to name him but thats moot point. Name JP the starter Tomorrow or Monday latest, trade or cut holcomb and lets move on.

Your right.

ICE74129
08-26-2006, 08:03 PM
Skoob the kid has done all we have asked considering how he was screwed last year. If the OL was 1/2 way worth a damn and the D gets better, the kid could be a damn good one.

OpIv37
08-26-2006, 08:05 PM
I agree on naming Losman the starter.

I disagree on cutting Holcomb. I think he's a better back-up than Nall at this point.

ICE74129
08-26-2006, 08:07 PM
I agree on naming Losman the starter.

I disagree on cutting Holcomb. I think he's a better back-up than Nall at this point.

the hell he is. We can't win the dink and dunk competition. Nall is more suited to this offense.

Plus that wimp holcomb QUIT After getting his butt kicked in Carolina and JP was named the front runner. Screw him. We don't need him esp in the locker room

HHURRICANE
08-26-2006, 08:22 PM
If Holcomb is for sure #3 than I would keep him. But I am worried if JP struggles that someone is going to be looking at Kelly.

TigerJ
08-26-2006, 08:30 PM
I just started a slightly different thread. Maybe the mods will want to merge them. I agree, there is no point in delaying the obvious, Losman is the starter.

YardRat
08-26-2006, 08:33 PM
Losman is the starter, Nall is #2, in my book.

Please don't start the offensive line, better defense, crappy play-calling excuses again.

DraftBoy
08-26-2006, 08:35 PM
Losman is the starter, Nall is #2, in my book.

Please don't start the offensive line, better defense, crappy play-calling excuses again.

Well Said! No excuses for JP anymore. He's earned his spot, he blows it thats it.

ICE74129
08-26-2006, 08:55 PM
Well Said! No excuses for JP anymore. He's earned his spot, he blows it thats it.
Not exactly. Pre season is one thing, Real bullets in New England is another. THIS TEAM CAN;T RUN BLOCK! And it will get JP killed by not being able to do so.

Mitchy moo
08-26-2006, 08:58 PM
Skoob the kid has done all we have asked considering how he was screwed last year. If the OL was 1/2 way worth a damn and the D gets better, the kid could be a damn good one.

I think he learned alot and has grown into a better player because of last year. What doesn't kill you makes you.....................

X-Era
08-26-2006, 08:59 PM

Sure if he blows it oevr a FULL 16 game season.

I aint down with pulling him after 3 or 4 games again. THATS stupid. Give him the season.

ICE74129
08-26-2006, 09:00 PM

I aint down with pulling him after 3 or 4 games again. THATS stupid. Give him the season.

Yeah the kid gets 16 full games, regardless of how bad he might do. Its the ONLY way we know if he is the real deal

DraftBoy
08-26-2006, 09:01 PM

Only if your convinced we are not a playoff team, and want no idea what we have on our roster. 8 games he's won regardless.

X-Era
08-26-2006, 09:06 PM
Only if your convinced we are not a playoff team, and want no idea what we have on our roster. 8 games he's won regardless.
Dont agree, if were not a playoff team with JP, we sure as hell arent one without him, theres no better QB on this roster.

This is the next step for some JP haters (hopefully not you), to come here after each bad performance and demand a QB change or put some self imposed timeline on how many starts he gets for his trial.

Peyton Manning got a full year, and went 3 and 13 I might add, so does JP.

Lets get a true FULL look at him and better or worse dispell any myths about what he is and isnt.

YardRat
08-26-2006, 09:11 PM
I'm with D-boy...If JP regresses during the regular season, at some point you yank him, consider the reach a failure, and start preparing for next year without Losman.

It's time to put up or shut up, and it's not necessary to go an entire season to pass judgement.

Hopefully this is all a moot point...but that's up to JP.

X-Era
08-26-2006, 09:17 PM
I'm with D-boy...If JP regresses during the regular season, at some point you yank him, consider the reach a failure, and start preparing for next year without Losman.

It's time to put up or shut up, and it's not necessary to go an entire season to pass judgement.

Nah, its a cheap ploy for JP haters to fight to yank him before he gets a real chance. Hes likely to lose at least 2 of the 1st 3 games. You watch, the JP haters will all be here clamoring for him to get yanked after that even though he most likely SHOULD lose those games.

Actually, the truth is the TEAM wins and loses, but hwy look at it that way now?

Give JP the season. Most likely, he will play rough in his first 5 or so and then play like most QB's mostly good, but some bad.

JP haters will be JP haters, putting some self imposed time limit on his trial is crap.

HHURRICANE
08-26-2006, 09:24 PM
Yeah the kid gets 16 full games, regardless of how bad he might do. Its the ONLY way we know if he is the real deal

He's earned 8 consecutive starts! If in game 8 after sucking in 7, he plays well, he get's 9, and so on!! The kid has earned 8 in a row. Hopefully he will play well enough to shut people up!!

YardRat
08-26-2006, 09:34 PM
I have yet to see a 'JP hater' come out with a written-in-stone calender that limits JP's starts this year. 'JP lovers' all insist on a set # of games - 16.

Face it...if JP sucks from week 1 to, say, week 12 (just for an example) he's going to suck 14 thru 16 and beyond.

Once again, hopefully JP DOESN'T suck consistently and this is all a moot point.

ICE74129
08-26-2006, 09:39 PM

Wrong across the board. Again You guys sit there and set him up to fail. JP did HIS part this offseason, the Bills front office DID NOT!

This OL is still a joke. This defense is NOT GOOD. They will be with a few more moves but not right now.

Damn near all of us sat here and said 'this is at least a two offseason rebuild'. That means this TEAM is NOT ready to compete for a playoff spot. This also means JP is going to look worse than he his due to having to play from behind a lot, and doing so behind a still below average OL.

So again, DO NOT PULL JP! you let the kid ride it out and watch to see how he handles it and if he gets better. You don't pull him. All successful QB's have had that backing from their coaching staffs. Now again Dick Jauron is a losing HC that wasn't wanted by anyone but Marv Levy. So I fully expect him to pull JP if the season is going bad to save face.

YardRat
08-26-2006, 09:45 PM
Wrong across the board. Again You guys sit there and set him up to fail. JP did HIS part this offseason, the Bills front office DID NOT!

This OL is still a joke. This defense is NOT GOOD. They will be with a few more moves but not right now.

Damn near all of us sat here and said 'this is at least a two offseason rebuild'. That means this TEAM is NOT ready to compete for a playoff spot. This also means JP is going to look worse than he his due to having to play from behind a lot, and doing so behind a still below average OL.

So again, DO NOT PULL JP! you let the kid ride it out and watch to see how he handles it and if he gets better. You don't pull him. All successful QB's have had that backing from their coaching staffs. Now again Dick Jauron is a losing HC that wasn't wanted by anyone but Marv Levy. So I fully expect him to pull JP if the season is going bad to save face.

You're opinion and you're welcome to it.

Back-to-back 75 yard passing games against inferior opponents again this year and his ass is outta here.

Mitchy moo
08-26-2006, 09:47 PM
He'll get that in a few passes, things look really different now.

Michael82
08-26-2006, 10:08 PM

See, you are already smarter than Mularkey! Nice job. :clap:

ICE74129
08-26-2006, 10:10 PM
You're opinion and you're welcome to it.

Back-to-back 75 yard passing games against inferior opponents again this year and his ass is outta here.

If he has those then the OL isn't doing its job and we aren't running the ball.

Mitchy moo
08-26-2006, 10:12 PM
See, you are already smarter than Mularkey! Nice job. :clap:

My 7 yr old is smarter than him.