• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

Thoughts on Cleveland game

This close to the season I thought we would look more disciplined. The team just does not look very together...timing is off, there isn't any synergy, and the individual performances are not strong enough to overcome the lack of working as a team.

Still have some time to go but the team is far from firing on even 2 cylinders.
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: Thoughts on Cleveland game

Read my post about the soft camp and I think we have our answer why. Team just doesn't look ready.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
      This close to the season I thought we would look more disciplined. The team just does not look very together...timing is off, there isn't any synergy, and the individual performances are not strong enough to overcome the lack of working as a team.

I got the same impression from the posts here and the game stats, but I will withhold judgement until I see the game on Tuesday.

When a team loses by 3 points and had turnovers, penalties and drops, they beat themselves. In preseason, W/L isn't a big deal, but losses due to mistakes by the starters are cause for concern.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

The penalties are worrisome, especially because most of them seem to come in the first half when the starters are on the field.

The defense, once again, looks lost on the first drive of the game...very similar to Gray's defense of two/three years ago. They tighten right up once they get into the flow though.

I thought the offensive line looked very good tonight.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Nighthawk
          Read my post about the soft camp and I think we have our answer why. Team just doesn't look ready.
          Poor excuse...Levy had soft camps in the glory years.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
            Maybe?
            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by YardRat
            The difference tho is that he had a team full of hall of famers. You can get away with soft camps if you have those kinds of players. Dick and Co. don't have anywhere near that level of talent on this team.

Comment

• Nighthawk
              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
              • Jul 2002

You can't compare those teams to this one...they were loaded with Pro-Bowlers...this team isn't as good. Thus, I think they should be worked harder then they have been in camp. This is squarely on Jauron's shoulders and he will sink or swim with this philosophy.

Comment

• acehole
                • Jan 2006

The team to me over all seems winded.

Anyone?

The penalties are worrisome, especially because most of them seem to come in the first half when the starters are on the field.

The defense, once again, looks lost on the first drive of the game...very similar to Gray's defense of two/three years ago. They tighten right up once they get into the flow though.

I thought the offensive line looked very good tonight.
                Hated by the stupid..
                Loved by their moms.

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical

I backed off responding earlier, here goes. I think our D took a step back, we gave up WAY too many 3rd down conversions early. The big problem I saw was the coverage was open over the middle for too many plays.

Now, I didnt see much from McGahee to be honest. I wanted more 4 yard plus runs, but was left with too many tackles for losses.

However, I like the "nuts" that JP showed by overcoming the penalties and playing well despite it. He seemed to take control of the team in this game and force plays. Thats a big deal if it translates to the real deal.

Overall, it wasnt anything special but the O looked good, the D took a step back.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

We're a very young team with a number of rookies, free agents and 2nd-4th year guys playing key roles. We have a new coach and a QB who lacks game experience, thanks to the previous regime. We also have an entirely new defensive system.

I think it may take several regular season games before we're really in sync.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• John Doe
                      Florida Man
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      We're a very young team with a number of rookies, free agents and 2nd-4th year guys playing key roles. We have a new coach and a QB who lacks game experience, thanks to the previous regime. We also have an entirely new defensive system.

I think that sums it up pretty well.

Comment

• Historian
                        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by acehole
                        The team to me over all seems winded.

Anyone?
                        Ironically, I was thinking that as I was sitting there. Some guys were actually sucking air.

In all fairness, it was like a sauna out there last night. About as muggy as it could get without actually raining.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Buffalo's defense, after the first drive...

5 completions 8 attempts for 17 yards.
                          2 sacks.
                          9 rushes for 36 yards.
                          3 three-and-outs out of four drives.
                          19 plays, 53 total yards. (39 counting -14 in sacks.)
                          Zero points.

I would've liked to see a couple of turnovers, though.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers

Agreed.. which is why I been saying all along this team will only win 3-4 games this year.. Its NOT that I think they DONT have talent, they do..But its going to take more than just ONE year for it all to come together.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Buffalo's defense, after the first drive...

5 completions 8 attempts for 17 yards.
                              2 sacks.
                              9 rushes for 36 yards.
                              3 three-and-outs out of four drives.
                              19 plays, 53 total yards. (39 counting -14 in sacks.)
                              Zero points.

I would've liked to see a couple of turnovers, though.
                              Thats great. Lets just let every teams offense run down the field and score on their opening drive. Then hope during the game they start playing thier scrubs so we can make our stats look better.

Bottom line, this STARTING Defense against STARTING offenses isn't going to do that well this season unless they start playing drastically better.

Comment

Working...
                              X