PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Game puts to rest. . .

TigerJ
08-26-2006, 08:27 PM
Any notion that Nall should start. Yes, he completed third down passes to move the chains and had no more interceptions than Losman, but he had to look much better than Losman to prove he should be the starter. He was in fact no better than Losman. Losman still needs to get better and more consistent, but I don't think there is any question that Losman has the best arm and best talent among all Buffalo's QBs.

YardRat
08-26-2006, 08:30 PM
I was encouraged by the play of both QB's tonight. Losman's pick was more 'forgivable' than Nall's, though. You can't turn the ball over in the red zone.

BILLSROCK1212
08-26-2006, 08:31 PM
Any notion that Nall should start. Yes, he completed third down passes to move the chains and had no more interceptions than Losman, but he had to look much better than Losman to prove he should be the starter. He was in fact no better than Losman. Losman still needs to get better and more consistent, but I don't think there is any question that Losman has the best arm and best talent among all Buffalo's QBs.

Never really was going to start and it doesn't really put any thought of that to rest cas Nall most likely will play 3/4 of the next preseason game and if he preforms well...........well he won't be the starter on opening day but that could build up a good reputation for him around the league as a good back up and a guy who has a future.

HHURRICANE
08-26-2006, 08:31 PM
Look, I can't say that Losman is the answer. MM totally screwed JP and this team last year. I hate that SOB. Anyway it's JP's job this year so if he doesn't make it happen than I am buying the first Brady Quinn jersey!!!

OpIv37
08-26-2006, 08:32 PM
I was encouraged by the play of both QB's tonight. Losman's pick was more 'forgivable' than Nall's, though. You can't turn the ball over in the red zone.

well, to play semantic games: you SHOULDN'T turn the ball over in the red zone. The Bills of the last few seasons have certainly proven that you CAN turn the ball over in the red zone.

OpIv37
08-26-2006, 08:32 PM
Look, I can't say that Losman is the answer. MM totally screwed JP and this team last year. I hate that SOB. Anyway it's JP's job this year so if he doesn't make it happen than I am buying the first Brady Quinn jersey!!!

buy a ND Quinn jersey now. If you don't like ND, you can always send it to me.

Kerr
08-26-2006, 08:38 PM
JP had a scrambling TD nullified because of Gandy. His stats should be 1 TD pass 1 TD run and 1 int.

X-Era
08-26-2006, 09:11 PM

Personally, I say the run for a TD called back on a penalty, and the INT cancel each other out.

In my book, JP put us in place for another 10 points, but other peoples mistakes cost us those points. I was impressed with how JP played DESPITE the teams mistakes rather than BECAUSE of them. Thats a big step toward becoming a stud.

Please dont take this the wrong way, an INT is an INT, a penalty is a penalty. The only score that counts is the final score. But if we focus ONLY on JP's play, I think its fair to trade the pick for the TD run.

X-Era
08-26-2006, 09:13 PM
buy a ND Quinn jersey now. If you don't like ND, you can always send it to me.

OK, buy a Dwayne Jarrett jersey now, and if you dont like USC, we can trade.

OpIv37
08-26-2006, 09:24 PM
OK, buy a Dwayne Jarrett jersey now, and if you dont like USC, we can trade.

sounds like a deal, although I think I would be a pariah from the rest of ND nation if they ever found out I spent money on USC merch.

xXSpIkes5IXx
08-26-2006, 11:15 PM
What scared me about Nall was that throw in the end zone that was picked off. It reminded me of something JP would do last year. Two defenders had better position on that ball than the reciever did. He definetely "forced" it in there. If he throws that ball out of the endzone we get a field goal and potentially win the game

X-Era
08-27-2006, 12:47 AM
sounds like a deal, although I think I would be a pariah from the rest of ND nation if they ever found out I spent money on USC merch.

BTW, who is more likely to be a Bill next year.

Personally, Ive been a Jarrett fan for the past 3 years, Quinn is a one year wonder at this point.

I dont see us having the 1st pick, but top 5, maybe. I hope not, but maybe.