PDA

View Full Version : Well, where are going to end up now after tonight's game

Mitchy moo
08-26-2006, 10:02 PM
Give me your opinions!

Philagape
08-26-2006, 10:05 PM
Neither tonight's game nor the result of any other preseason game ever has influenced my predictions for the regular season.

YardRat
08-26-2006, 10:07 PM
Still too early to tell.

djjimkelly
08-26-2006, 10:25 PM
ill stay with my original prediction 7-9 without bounces going our way 9-7 with bounces going our way.

either way i have us roughly at about 8-8 taking great strides into becoming what we need to be. this is all setting up for a nice 5-6 year stretch with JP as the man!

TacklingDummy
08-26-2006, 10:28 PM
NE just layed the smackdown on Washington. Could we of played any hotter team opening day?

!Papacrunk!
08-27-2006, 05:50 AM
NE just layed the smackdown on Washington. Could we of played any hotter team opening day?
Egads, I just happened to check the stats of that game. Brady ended up 17-30 for 231 yards and a td, leaving after the 1st series of the 3rd quarter. The defense also got 7 sacks as well. Granted this is just the preseason, but the reports of New England giving up their hold on the East title may have been exagerated, lol.

Historian
08-27-2006, 06:01 AM
Neither tonight's game nor the result of any other preseason game ever has influenced my predictions for the regular season.

While that's true Phil, The turnovers this preseason have really got me down. It's becomming a dangerous trend.

We have got to protect the ball, or they won't be able to beat the Hamburg JV team.

Tinboy
08-27-2006, 06:20 AM
I say 7-9

shelby
08-27-2006, 07:20 AM
6-10 baby!

goodkarma
08-27-2006, 07:59 AM
5-11. I just hope we're better than the Jets.

TacklingDummy
08-27-2006, 10:37 AM
2-14 or 3-13

BillyT92679
08-27-2006, 10:42 AM
8-8

vicsportsaddict
08-27-2006, 02:17 PM
It's early to tell but who knows maybe the best will be always best.We never know what is waiting after corner.Hope that game will be good game firstly

Mr. Cynical
08-27-2006, 03:44 PM

Ditto. I predicted 4-12 for this team long ago and still stand by it.

The_Philster
08-27-2006, 04:57 PM
A part of me will always say 19-0 but realistically, now that it's evident that JP will be starting and his improvement is noticeable, I say 8-8 or 9-7

gil
08-27-2006, 06:50 PM

it blows, that's for sure, but for a team that will have to be looking to get better as the year goes on with our numerable question marks, you couldn't ask for a better measuring stick the first week than facing those maniacs in NE- after that challenge, it's *almost* downhill from there...

that being said, hopefully, we give them a run like we did last year in NE.

as far as the prediction, after a rough start, I think we make a run for .500 or better.

evol4276
08-27-2006, 09:38 PM
we will be better than last year, but again, like every year, we will lose close games due to sloppy play. We will be better than some think however, and I'm optimistic. I'll say we can turn even for the year

PromoTheRobot
08-27-2006, 11:14 PM
With our cream puff schedule, especially after the bye, 9-7 is doable. We are going to start slow and pick up steam.

PTR

JoeMama
08-28-2006, 01:22 AM
I think Marv Levy said it best when he candidly stated that this is a "rebuilding" year for the Bills.

It's rare -- nay, unbelievable, for a GM to admit as much -- so I believe him.

Especially after so much carefully scripted PR nonsense from Tom Donahoe over the past few years.

That's not to say theBills won't be competitive this season, I bet they will be.

But I'm not banking on a record any better than 8-8.

This is a team on the rise, but not a playoff caliber team right now.

LtFinFan66
08-28-2006, 03:44 AM
props to the "Homer club" I too, am a homer :clap:(to a certain extent)

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt1 width="50%">Playoff Bound </TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/polls/bar4-l.gifhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/polls/bar4.gifhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/polls/bar4-r.gif alohabillsfan (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=2200), Mahdi (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=3342), Skooby (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=5625)

</TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes align=middle>3</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap align=right>7.32</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

mysticsoto
08-28-2006, 08:04 AM
Egads, I just happened to check the stats of that game. Brady ended up 17-30 for 231 yards and a td, leaving after the 1st series of the 3rd quarter. The defense also got 7 sacks as well. Granted this is just the preseason, but the reports of New England giving up their hold on the East title may have been exagerated, lol.

NE has been itching to implement a 2-TE attack, and this is the year they may do it. They showed some flashes of good TE schemes last year, and they've been trying to get it going. This year, unless new injuries hit them again, Graham and Watson should be a formidable team to have to deal with - and Brady will have a field day throwing and accumulating yards.

MTBillsFan
08-28-2006, 08:13 AM
I just have a feeling that a lot of growing pains will be felt by both sides of the ball this year and it will cost us games. HOWEVER, I think we'll still string some wins together towards the end of the year.

LifetimeBillsFan
08-28-2006, 08:28 AM
I have been influenced by the preseason to the extent that I needed to see whether the play that the Bills can expect from the QB position would appear to be the same, worse or somewhat better than last season. I am encouraged enough by what I have seen from JP Losman to this point that I believe that it will be somewhat improved...taking into account, of course, that he is still young and relatively inexperienced and can be expected to make mistakes that will cost some games.

To me, that means that the Bills should not be appreciably worse than the 5-11 they were last season. I have believed all along that the Bills will be a better team than last year's squad--which was more experienced and had more accomplished players, but was not much of a team. Given that though, what remains to be seen is whether they will be be able to produce a better record than last year and, if so, how much better.

ith all of the youth on the team, realistically, it will be difficult for them to make it to the playoffs in an AFC that has a lot of good teams because young players tend to make critical mistakes and it will be hard for the veterans to help them because the team has new coaches and systems on both sides of the ball. All along I have expected them to struggle early and, then, begin to show some signs of improvement as the season progresses. I still expect that, but now I expect them to also get that from the QB position as well as from the rest of the team. That leads me to believe that they have the potential to finish with a slightly better record than last season. 8-8 would be quite an accomplishment, IMHO, but more realistically, 6-10 or 7-9.

As I have all along, I expect the Bills to surprise with their competitiveness, especially in the second half of the season, but to blow some games that they could or even should win by making critical mistakes due to inexperience. By the same token, I expect them to "steal" a couple that no one expects them to win because there is more talent on this team than they are often credited with having and their young players will flash that talent at times as well. IMHO the key to whether they will be able to exceed last year's win total will be whether they are able to play more disciplined football and cut down on the number of killer penalties that they take--they simply can't afford those. So far they have not shown that they can do that, but I expect that Juaron will be less tolerant of them than MM and that, as the season progresses, they will be reduced enough for the team to get one or two more wins than they did last season.

Overall I think this will be a better team than last season and a lot more fun to watch, but I still think that they are a year or two away from being able to make a serious run at the playoffs. However, the progress that Losman has shown this preseason leads me to believe that they can now go in that direction without having to take a step backwards to introduce a new "QB of the Future" first.