PDA

View Full Version : Boy that philip rivers has 3 fumbles lost tonight

Kerr
08-26-2006, 11:35 PM
It seems like jp got too much grief for his 2 fumbles against carolina. I've never seen the media once say anything bad about rivers at all. We'll see what they say about him after tonight's game.

Goobylal
08-26-2006, 11:41 PM
Was it raining like it was when JP fumbled the ball?

~CHIEF~
08-27-2006, 12:20 AM
Was it raining like it was when JP fumbled the ball?
1. Yeah
2. Look where PR is now, on the BENCH!

Typ0
08-27-2006, 05:23 AM
Philip Rivers fumbled...so it's OK that JP Fumbled. This place is hillarious.

jmb1099
08-27-2006, 05:50 AM
Fumbles are obviously not ok, but they happen...even to other qb's that people on this board were singing the praises of a mere 7 days before while bashing Losman for his. Yup...hilarious.

YardRat
08-27-2006, 07:37 AM
Some of you read way too much into other's posts. Holding someone accountable is much different than blaming or hating.

The fumbles were JP's fault. So was the interception. Deal with it, accept it, and move on.

Of course, I'm sure on Charger's message boards there are a legion of fans that are 'excusing' Rivers for the turnovers, and instead blaming the offensive line, the coaching, etc. THAT'S the part that is hilarious.

The_Philster
08-27-2006, 07:47 AM
Rivers is, for all intents and purposes, a rookie...same as JP was last season...if he doesn't struggle this year, it'll be a surprise

jmb1099
08-27-2006, 08:05 AM
Some of you read way too much into other's posts. Holding someone accountable is much different than blaming or hating.

The fumbles were JP's fault. So was the interception. Deal with it, accept it, and move on.

Of course, I'm sure on Charger's message boards there are a legion of fans that are 'excusing' Rivers for the turnovers, and instead blaming the offensive line, the coaching, etc. THAT'S the part that is hilarious.
Dealt with it, accepted it, moved on. If some of you can't accept that we had poor coaching, lousy line, etc last year than that too is hilarious. And just about every message board is as charged as this one, fans have strong opinions, not every site is as cool as this one though (shameless attempt to suck up noted)

YardRat
08-27-2006, 10:25 AM
I just think it's over-simplification to call out the coaching and the o-line play day after day...Could they both have been better? Absolutely. Were they as bad as some would like to think? I don't think so.

jmb1099
08-27-2006, 11:52 AM
I just think it's over-simplification to call out the coaching and the o-line play day after day...Could they both have been better? Absolutely. Were they as bad as some would like to think? I don't think so.

I hear what you're saying and I respect your opinion. I have no desire to rehash what seems like 1000 pages worth of argument. I have said from the beginning that Losman needed to improve but believed he could. You are at least willing to acknowledge that coaching and line play are a factor for last years mess to some degree. Like I said fumbles and ints are not ok, but he is far from the only person from committing these mistakes.

ICE74129
08-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Philip Rivers fumbled...so it's OK that JP Fumbled. This place is hillarious.

No the point is PR is the 2nd coming and JP Sucks. At least in the media and to some on this board. The point was The 2nd coming just coughed up THREE Fumbles so he should catch the same crap JP does.

Risin
08-27-2006, 12:19 PM
No the point is PR is the 2nd coming and JP Sucks. At least in the media and to some on this board. The point was The 2nd coming just coughed up THREE Fumbles so he should catch the same crap JP does.

He should catch more crap.

He was a much higher draft pick, and has a surrounding cast that is light years better.

Put the new JP Losman on the Steelers, Chargers or the Giants, and he puts up better numbers then their highly hyped QB's.