• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Jauron wont announce JP as the starter

I think Jauron could've told the team that JP is the starter but to prevent the media from jumping on JP he wont announce the starter until a couple of days before the season starts. Just an idea. What do you think?
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: Jauron wont announce JP as the starter

Wouldn't surprise me. And it doesn't matter what they say. It's pretty obvious.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• TedMock
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
      Wouldn't surprise me. And it doesn't matter what they say. It's pretty obvious.
      That's just it. I don't think he even has to now. He's indirectly said it and it would be nice if he flat-out says it, but it is pretty obvious.

I mean he's said things like "nothing has changed..." after moving JP to #1, so it's pretty much been said. I'm more intrigued by what he plans on doing with the backup spot at this point. I'm happy JP is the starter. Let's see if he can improve throughout the year.

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

It shows a WEAK HC if he does that. He expects JP to step up and be a man and lead this team, then BE AN EXAMPLE. Step up, be a man and a good, strong HC and name him the starter.

Lead by example.

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

Yeah, I don't know why he hasn't done it officially. The whole world knows JP is the starter.
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TigerJ
            Yeah, I don't know why he hasn't done it officially. The whole world knows JP is the starter.
            Because he thinks he knows better. He is a HC that no one wanted except us, and has a losing record. We are seeing why.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ICE74129
              Because he thinks he knows better. He is a HC that no one wanted except us, and has a losing record. We are seeing why.
              Wrong. He is doing the exact opposite of what Mularkey did. Instead of handing the job to Losman he is letting him earn it. Which he has. Based on his (Jauron's) postgame comments, he will name the starter this week. This will avoid the problems with the rest of the team not feeling the QB earned a damn thing. Had Mularkey allowed for a competition last year (Which JP could have won) and stuck by his decision the team would be in better shape now.

We have no idea how well he will do here because the team has not played any regular season game sunder him. None. Zilch. Nada.

I would also like to know who you would have hired. (Don't dare say Sherman, after all nobody wanted him either).
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                • Apr 2005

Juron already said in the beginning of the season, hed like to name the starter sooner rather than later. I expect it to be announced in the next couple of days. Im surprised he didnt do it last week.

Comment

• STAMPY
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  Wrong. He is doing the exact opposite of what Mularkey did. Instead of handing the job to Losman he is letting him earn it. Which he has. Based on his (Jauron's) postgame comments, he will name the starter this week. This will avoid the problems with the rest of the team not feeling the QB earned a damn thing. Had Mularkey allowed for a competition last year (Which JP could have won) and stuck by his decision the team would be in better shape now.

We have no idea how well he will do here because the team has not played any regular season game sunder him. None. Zilch. Nada.

I would also like to know who you would have hired. (Don't dare say Sherman, after all nobody wanted him either).

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Jan 2004

here you go http://wgrz.com/sports/pro_football/...&sid=40760&bw= and I have one thing to say WKBW stinks at covering BILLS football and they're the Official Bills Station (that's they're slogan) WGRZ 2 on your side beats WKBW hands down

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

I would have hired sherman in a heart beat. Teams shyed away due to the money he was still making from GB. I would have damn near hired that WINNING HEAD COACH on the spot. He also would have named losman the starter and told the vets to deal with it, like a GOOD head coach would have done.

I guarantee you this OL would look a lot better had sherman been hired.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

We tried handing the job to Losman last year and it casued too many problems.

This was the best scenario: There was a competition and Losman won it. Hands down. There is no question as to who the QB of this team is. Hell, Holcomb might even get cut.

As for Sherman, you make excuses as to why nobody wanted him (It was more than the money; it was also his ego).

Also lets remember that some coaches improve greatly when given a second chance and that the first HC job does not always predict how well the 2nd HC will go.
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

We tried handing the job to Losman last year and it casued too many problems.

This was the best scenario: There was a competition and Losman won it. Hands down. There is no question as to who the QB of this team is. Hell, Holcomb might even get cut.

As for Sherman, you make excuses as to why nobody wanted him (It was more than the money; it was also his ego).

Also lets remember that some coaches improve greatly when given a second chance and that the first HC job does not always predict how well the 2nd HC will go.
                          Yeah lets pass on a WINNING HC because he has an ego LMAO! And many HC's don't do spit their 2nd time around so your point is moot.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                            Maybe?
                            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
                            I think Jauron could've told the team that JP is the starter but to prevent the media from jumping on JP he wont announce the starter until a couple of days before the season starts. Just an idea. What do you think?
                            I think Dick sucks, that's what I think. So this is par for the course from what I expected from him as HC.

Comment

• madness
                              • Apr 2003

10 new head coaches this year. I forget, what team is Sherman the head coach for again?

Comment

Working...
                              X