PDA

View Full Version : Jauron wont announce JP as the starter

BILLSROCK1212
08-27-2006, 11:27 AM
I think Jauron could've told the team that JP is the starter but to prevent the media from jumping on JP he wont announce the starter until a couple of days before the season starts. Just an idea. What do you think?

Philagape
08-27-2006, 11:37 AM
Wouldn't surprise me. And it doesn't matter what they say. It's pretty obvious.

TedMock
08-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Wouldn't surprise me. And it doesn't matter what they say. It's pretty obvious.

That's just it. I don't think he even has to now. He's indirectly said it and it would be nice if he flat-out says it, but it is pretty obvious.

I mean he's said things like "nothing has changed..." after moving JP to #1, so it's pretty much been said. I'm more intrigued by what he plans on doing with the backup spot at this point. I'm happy JP is the starter. Let's see if he can improve throughout the year.

ICE74129
08-27-2006, 11:49 AM
It shows a WEAK HC if he does that. He expects JP to step up and be a man and lead this team, then BE AN EXAMPLE. Step up, be a man and a good, strong HC and name him the starter.

Lead by example.

TigerJ
08-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Yeah, I don't know why he hasn't done it officially. The whole world knows JP is the starter.

ICE74129
08-27-2006, 01:43 PM
Yeah, I don't know why he hasn't done it officially. The whole world knows JP is the starter.

Because he thinks he knows better. He is a HC that no one wanted except us, and has a losing record. We are seeing why.

Dr. Lecter
08-27-2006, 01:58 PM
Because he thinks he knows better. He is a HC that no one wanted except us, and has a losing record. We are seeing why.

Wrong. He is doing the exact opposite of what Mularkey did. Instead of handing the job to Losman he is letting him earn it. Which he has. Based on his (Jauron's) postgame comments, he will name the starter this week. This will avoid the problems with the rest of the team not feeling the QB earned a damn thing. Had Mularkey allowed for a competition last year (Which JP could have won) and stuck by his decision the team would be in better shape now.

We have no idea how well he will do here because the team has not played any regular season game sunder him. None. Zilch. Nada.

I would also like to know who you would have hired. (Don't dare say Sherman, after all nobody wanted him either).

FlyingDutchman
08-27-2006, 02:19 PM
Juron already said in the beginning of the season, hed like to name the starter sooner rather than later. I expect it to be announced in the next couple of days. Im surprised he didnt do it last week.

STAMPY
08-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Wrong. He is doing the exact opposite of what Mularkey did. Instead of handing the job to Losman he is letting him earn it. Which he has. Based on his (Jauron's) postgame comments, he will name the starter this week. This will avoid the problems with the rest of the team not feeling the QB earned a damn thing. Had Mularkey allowed for a competition last year (Which JP could have won) and stuck by his decision the team would be in better shape now.

We have no idea how well he will do here because the team has not played any regular season game sunder him. None. Zilch. Nada.

I would also like to know who you would have hired. (Don't dare say Sherman, after all nobody wanted him either).

:bf1:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-27-2006, 02:34 PM
here you go http://wgrz.com/sports/pro_football/BillsCoachesVideo.aspx?aid=17589&sid=40760&bw= and I have one thing to say :offtopic: WKBW stinks at covering BILLS football and they're the Official Bills Station (that's they're slogan) WGRZ 2 on your side beats WKBW hands down

ICE74129
08-27-2006, 02:35 PM

I would have hired sherman in a heart beat. Teams shyed away due to the money he was still making from GB. I would have damn near hired that WINNING HEAD COACH on the spot. He also would have named losman the starter and told the vets to deal with it, like a GOOD head coach would have done.

I guarantee you this OL would look a lot better had sherman been hired.

Dr. Lecter
08-27-2006, 02:39 PM
We tried handing the job to Losman last year and it casued too many problems.

This was the best scenario: There was a competition and Losman won it. Hands down. There is no question as to who the QB of this team is. Hell, Holcomb might even get cut.

As for Sherman, you make excuses as to why nobody wanted him (It was more than the money; it was also his ego).

Also lets remember that some coaches improve greatly when given a second chance and that the first HC job does not always predict how well the 2nd HC will go.

ICE74129
08-27-2006, 04:00 PM
We tried handing the job to Losman last year and it casued too many problems.

This was the best scenario: There was a competition and Losman won it. Hands down. There is no question as to who the QB of this team is. Hell, Holcomb might even get cut.

As for Sherman, you make excuses as to why nobody wanted him (It was more than the money; it was also his ego).

Also lets remember that some coaches improve greatly when given a second chance and that the first HC job does not always predict how well the 2nd HC will go.

Yeah lets pass on a WINNING HC because he has an ego LMAO! And many HC's don't do spit their 2nd time around so your point is moot.

Mr. Cynical
08-27-2006, 04:06 PM
I think Jauron could've told the team that JP is the starter but to prevent the media from jumping on JP he wont announce the starter until a couple of days before the season starts. Just an idea. What do you think?

I think Dick sucks, that's what I think. So this is par for the course from what I expected from him as HC.

madness
08-27-2006, 04:55 PM
10 new head coaches this year. I forget, what team is Sherman the head coach for again?

The_Philster
08-27-2006, 04:58 PM
10 new head coaches this year. I forget, what team is Sherman the head coach for again?
:snicker: I think it's funny that the best candidate only got 2 interviews out of all those openings

ICE74129
08-27-2006, 05:01 PM
:snicker: I think it's funny that the best candidate only got 2 interviews out of all those openings
When he has 5 mill (or so) on the table per year for the next couple of years from GB, its tough to top it

YardRat
08-27-2006, 05:05 PM
Sherman, along with the money, also wanted much more control over a larger part of the organization, the way I understood it. No way that was going to wash in Buffalo, and apparently anywhere else otherwise he'd be employed.

Calling Jauron a ****ty head coach for the Bills at this point is like declaring the QB competition is a farce and rigged in Holcomb's favor. We all see how credible that was.

madness
08-27-2006, 05:18 PM
Calling Jauron a ****ty head coach for the Bills at this point is like declaring the QB competition is a farce and rigged in Holcomb's favor. We all see how credible that was.

But it is credible and that's why Jauron hasn't officially name JP the starter yet. It's all mind games and he really hasplanned to name Holcomb the starter for week one. That's also why Holcomb didn't take a single snap. Sneak attack Pearl Harbor style!! Coincidentally he also plans to to fake out opposing offenses by removing TKO from day-to-day and placing him on IR. You have to watch those sneaky Ivy Leaguers.

The_Philster
08-27-2006, 05:19 PM
But it is credible and that's why Jauron hasn't officially name JP the starter yet. It's all mind games and he really hasplanned to name Holcomb the starter for week one. That's also why Holcomb didn't take a single snap. Sneak attack Pearl Harbor style!! Coincidentally he also plans to to fake out opposing offenses by removing TKO from day-to-day and placing him on IR. You have to watch those sneaky Ivy Leaguers.
:roflmao:

shelby
08-27-2006, 05:19 PM
:rofl: Conspiracy Theory!

:hang:

ICE74129
08-27-2006, 06:04 PM
Sherman, along with the money, also wanted much more control over a larger part of the organization, the way I understood it. No way that was going to wash in Buffalo, and apparently anywhere else otherwise he'd be employed.

It was completely set up that way. If DJ had his way Holcomb would have actually performed well against Carolina. And if he had I can almost guarantee he would be the starter.

What DJ wanted to happen and what happened are two different things. And YES he his a crappy head coach. Look at the mans record and look at the fact no one else wanted him but us. Until that changes, he is a crap head coach

Dr. Lecter
08-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Yeah lets pass on a WINNING HC because he has an ego LMAO! And many HC's don't do spit their 2nd time around so your point is moot.

Yeah, Belicheck and Levy sucked in their 2nd time around.

And wouldn't your statement be an indictment on SHerman as well?

YardRat
08-27-2006, 06:08 PM
It was completely set up that way. If DJ had his way Holcomb would have actually performed well against Carolina. And if he had I can almost guarantee he would be the starter.

:roflmao:

Dr. Lecter
08-27-2006, 06:20 PM

What DJ wanted to happen and what happened are two different things. And YES he his a crappy head coach. Look at the mans record and look at the fact no one else wanted him but us. Until that changes, he is a crap head coach

You guarentees Holcomb would start. You were wrong. You are now changing the past instead of saying "I was wrong". Jauron wanted to see who played better. JP did. So he will start.

And again, nobody else wanted Sherman. Does that make him crappy?

ICE74129
08-27-2006, 06:57 PM

And wouldn't your statement be an indictment on SHerman as well?

No he was already a winning HC

ICE74129
08-27-2006, 07:00 PM
You guarentees Holcomb would start. You were wrong. You are now changing the past instead of saying "I was wrong". Jauron wanted to see who played better. JP did. So he will start.

And again, nobody else wanted Sherman. Does that make him crappy?
LMAO I never said 'Holcomb WILL Start' I said that was the way DJ originally wanted it. All you have to do is go back through the posts. he wanted Holcomb to win because he wanted his veteran/Safe QB. Problem is, holcomb sucks and JP actually developed like most of us hoped he would.

here is FACT, there is no such thing as a true, legit QB competition. Everything was loaded up to help holcomb 'win' the job. Problem is he didn't perform, JP did both in practice and games. As I DID SAY, DJ now has no choice but to name JP the starter. and if the man doesn't stand behind him this year, he looks like a total fool.

John Doe
08-27-2006, 07:05 PM
If Jauron wanted Holcomb to start, he would have started Losman in the first preseason game and given Holcomb the advantage of starting the second game at home, against a lesser defense, with o-line having a game under their belt.

If Jauron wanted Holcomb to start - he would just name him the starter.

Mr. Cynical
08-27-2006, 07:24 PM

Compare Belichick's and Dick's achievements as DCs and the comparison ends. One was very successful and one was not. That's the reason I have zero faith Dick will be a good HC the second time around. With BB, at least you knew he was a defensive genius and might be able to leverage that into being a good HC the second time around. What does Dick have to leverage besides his Ivy league piece of paper?

The_Philster
08-27-2006, 07:36 PM
Compare Belichick's and Dick's achievements as DCs and the comparison ends. One was very successful and one was not. That's the reason I have zero faith Dick will be a good HC the second time around. With BB, at least you knew he was a defensive genius and might be able to leverage that into being a good HC the second time around. What does Dick have to leverage besides his Ivy league piece of paper?
Marv Levy's faith

John Doe
08-27-2006, 07:37 PM

Maybe it means something - maybe it does not.

What about the Levy comparison?

BillsFever21
08-27-2006, 07:51 PM
What the hell does Levy's faith have to do with Jauron being successful? LOL

I hope he does a great job but his 1st time around as a HC and seeing that for being a defensive HC his defenses have never been very good. That is why nobody wanted to hire him...except for the Buffalo Bills to fit under what Ralph Wilson is willing to pay for a HC.

When all you will pay is dirt cheap prices for coaches you get stuck with people who are just happy to have that job title and the money isn't a big deal at the moment.

BillsFever21
08-27-2006, 07:52 PM
Also, Jauron is a pussy. Losman has won the job. Announce him the damn starter. Quit playing around with this damn thing.

YardRat
08-27-2006, 07:56 PM

I really disagree with this viewpoint, Mr. C. Generally speaking, coordinators that are successful to the level that BB was make terrible head coaches. Bill is the exception, not the rule.

My perception could be wrong, but I don't think so.

JoeMama
08-27-2006, 07:59 PM

LOL!

The funny thing is, I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that Dick Jauron may STILL name Kelly Holcomb the starter for Week 1 at this point.

What I find odd about the way playing time has been divided is how little time Kelly Holcomb was granted.

I read a number of reports that Kelly Holcomb was leading the QB competition out of camp, but then he only recieved 9 pass attempts before being relegated to obscurity.

Seems like a small body of work to eliminate a QB upon.

It's a conspiracy theory I think is possible but not probable.

And understand, it's been awesome to see JP Losman put together a solid preseason. He's earned it. I'd be elated if he is named the starter & finally gives us the first real QB to believe in since Jim Kelly if he plays well.

It'd be great to have QB locked up for another 10 years after so many lousy stop-gap QB's.

The_Philster
08-27-2006, 08:05 PM
What the hell does Levy's faith have to do with Jauron being successful? LOL.He asked what he had to leverage...I answered him. Marv made the HOF as a coach...stands to reason he knows a little bit about what it takes to be a successful head coach in the NFL :scratch:

EricStratton
08-27-2006, 08:13 PM
I wonder if DJ not naming a starter for week one has anything to do with it being less then 24 hours after the completion of the game that pretty much determined who the starter was for the season.

I don’t know what the players schedule was today but I’d imaging the head coach would want to tell the players involved and the rest of the team before telling the media at a press conference.

At least that’s what a good coach should do.

ICE74129
08-27-2006, 08:18 PM
He asked what he had to leverage...I answered him. Marv made the HOF as a coach...stands to reason he knows a little bit about what it takes to be a successful head coach in the NFL :scratch:

Who wouldn't be a HOF HC With the talent he had? I mean hell, give you a QB that can call his own plays and get us to 4 straight superbowls and YOU would be a HOF Coach.

YardRat
08-27-2006, 08:20 PM
I wonder if DJ not naming a starter for week one has anything to do with it being less then 24 hours after the completion of the game that pretty much determined who the starter was for the season.

I don’t know what the players schedule was today but I’d imaging the head coach would want to tell the players involved and the rest of the team before telling the media at a press conference.

At least that’s what a good coach should do.

Wow. Three entire paragraphs without being a smart-ass. You're improving as much as JP is, Eric :D

YardRat
08-27-2006, 08:21 PM
Who wouldn't be a HOF HC With the talent he had? I mean hell, give you a QB that can call his own plays and get us to 4 straight superbowls and YOU would be a HOF Coach.

Stupidest post, ever.

EricStratton
08-27-2006, 08:27 PM
Wow. Three entire paragraphs without being a smart-ass. You're improving as much as JP is, Eric :D

Sorry, I'll try to change it up next time.

The_Philster
08-27-2006, 08:28 PM
LOL!

The funny thing is, I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that Dick Jauron may STILL name Kelly Holcomb the starter for Week 1 at this point.

What I find odd about the way playing time has been divided is how little time Kelly Holcomb was granted.

I read a number of reports that Kelly Holcomb was leading the QB competition out of camp, but then he only recieved 9 pass attempts before being relegated to obscurity.

Seems like a small body of work to eliminate a QB upon.

It's a conspiracy theory I think is possible but not probable.

And understand, it's been awesome to see JP Losman put together a solid preseason. He's earned it. I'd be elated if he is named the starter & finally gives us the first real QB to believe in since Jim Kelly if he plays well.

It'd be great to have QB locked up for another 10 years after so many lousy stop-gap QB's.
Holcomb's play was putrid at best the first preseason game. I expected little out of him to be honest...but he couldn't even meet those expectations. He didn't improve much the next game if at all. His arm strength and decision-making aren't what we need from our starting QB. Lots of speed at WR requires a QB that can get them the ball when the game situation calls for a long pass. His decision-making has been another weak point of his game....and he can't blame inexperience for that.

Mr. Cynical
08-27-2006, 09:15 PM
What the hell does Levy's faith have to do with Jauron being successful? LOL

I hope he does a great job but his 1st time around as a HC and seeing that for being a defensive HC his defenses have never been very good. That is why nobody wanted to hire him...except for the Buffalo Bills to fit under what Ralph Wilson is willing to pay for a HC.

When all you will pay is dirt cheap prices for coaches you get stuck with people who are just happy to have that job title and the money isn't a big deal at the moment.

:cheers:

Mr. Cynical
08-27-2006, 09:23 PM
I really disagree with this viewpoint, Mr. C. Generally speaking, coordinators that are successful to the level that BB was make terrible head coaches. Bill is the exception, not the rule.

My perception could be wrong, but I don't think so.

I don't know if that is a fact - I would have to check. If that is the case though then don't use the comparison to BB (not you, but others).

Personally I think more HCs have been very good coordinators before becoming HCs, but that is only my take.

Mr. Cynical
08-27-2006, 09:29 PM

Well if it you are discounting the value of past performances in coaching, why would you ask about Levy?

But, if you want to compare, Levy was the HC of the Montreal Alouettes for five seasons and took them to three CFL Grey Cup appearances and two championships. No, it wasn't the NFL but that is still quite an accomplishment. Better than anything Dick has on his resume.

Still waiting to hear what supporting evidence you have on Dick that would cause reason for optimism.

Dr. Lecter
08-27-2006, 10:12 PM
As has been said before it is not always optimism, but rather not knowing one way or the other.

ICE74129
08-28-2006, 06:39 AM
As has been said before it is not always optimism, but rather not knowing one way or the other.

The lack of talent on this team + history doesn't bode well for Jauron.

Dr. Lecter
08-28-2006, 07:35 AM
This team has plenty of talent.

It is young and inexperienced, but the talent is there.

Mr. Cynical
08-28-2006, 12:49 PM
The lack of talent on this team + history doesn't bode well for Jauron.

Nothing bodes well for Dick....his history, this team or RW/ML's ages. He will be gone in 3 years IMO. Mark my words.

Mr. Cynical
08-29-2006, 02:15 PM
Well if it you are discounting the value of past performances in coaching, why would you ask about Levy?

But, if you want to compare, Levy was the HC of the Montreal Alouettes for five seasons and took them to three CFL Grey Cup appearances and two championships. No, it wasn't the NFL but that is still quite an accomplishment. Better than anything Dick has on his resume.

Still waiting to hear what supporting evidence you have on Dick that would cause reason for optimism.

No reply, John Doe?

John Doe
08-29-2006, 02:23 PM
No reply, John Doe?

When you start replying to my questions, then I will start replying to yours.

Mr. Cynical
08-29-2006, 02:32 PM
When you start replying to my questions, then I will start replying to yours.

:rofl:

Try again. You asked about a comparison to Levy, I replied with the comparison to Levy.

Just admit you have nothing historially significant to support Dick and we can close this one out. :up:

Mr. Cynical
08-29-2006, 02:35 PM

:up:

John Doe
08-29-2006, 02:36 PM
:rofl:

Try again. You asked about a comparison to Levy, I replied with the comparison to Levy.

Just admit you have nothing historially significant to support Dick and we can close this one out. :up:

When you have the nads to reply to my questions, then call me out.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=103584&page=6

Mr. Cynical
08-29-2006, 02:56 PM
When you have the nads to reply to my questions, then call me out.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=103584&page=6
Priceless. Dig up a thread over a month old that I completely forgot about just to avoid looking like a fool saying I didn't answer your question in this thread (when I clearly did).

In any case, I never looked back in that thread because I had already answered your prior questions.....twice. You just couldn't (or wouldn't) understand. I didn't even know you posted a new question after the fact, because, again, I had already answered your prior questions and didn't feel the need to state it a third time.

So, looking at your question....

My quote was:

"In any case, Marv's age is an issue for this reason....he is starting a new career at 80, a career that is very demanding and burns out even young men."

Your question was:

"What ever happened to Mr. Cynical and his list of burned out young GMs?"

First where did I say I had a "list"? If you want to debate the high demands of being a GM, then go for it. Neither one of us are one, nor I doubt even know one personally. All we have acccess to are interviews and the media. As such, I made a comment based on what I consider to be common knowledge. Do I have a list of "young burned out GMs"? No.

Now that I have answered your question, do you have the "nads" to answer mine?

John Doe
08-29-2006, 03:05 PM
Priceless. Dig up a thread over a month old that I completely forgot about just to avoid looking like a fool saying I didn't answer your question in this thread (when I clearly did).

In any case, I never looked back in that thread because I had already answered your prior questions.....twice. You just couldn't (or wouldn't) understand. I didn't even know you posted a new question after the fact, because, again, I had already answered your prior questions and didn't feel the need to state it a third time.

So, looking at your question....

My quote was:

"In any case, Marv's age is an issue for this reason....he is starting a new career at 80, a career that is very demanding and burns out even young men."

Your question was:

"What ever happened to Mr. Cynical and his list of burned out young GMs?"

First where did I say I had a "list"? If you want to debate the high demands of being a GM, then go for it. Neither one of us are one, nor I doubt even know one personally. All we have acccess to are interviews and the media. As such, I made a comment based on what I consider to be common knowledge. Do I have a list of "young burned out GMs"? No.

Now that I have anwered your question, do you have the "nads" to answer mine?

Funny stuff. You made an unsubstantiated statement that bore no truth and I called you on it. You won't even supply one "burned out" GM let alone a list.

There were other questions that you refused to address as well, here are a couple:

I would like to know exactly what the qualifications for a GM in the NFL are and why do you feel that Marv is not qualified given his resume in the NFL? (Let’s discount the implication that he is stupid and/or does not know football for the moment).
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
It seems that you feel that there is a steep “learning curve” for a new GM such as Marv. You certainly feel confident in your analysis of the mistakes that he has already made. Why is it that the average fan can immediately and correctly analyze these difficult football decisions, but a guy with 40 years of high level experience cannot?

Now, all of a sudden I'm supposed to jump when you query me?

I would say "Don't make me laugh" but you already have.

Mr. Cynical
08-29-2006, 03:28 PM
Sorry Johnny, but times up. One for one, I answered yours, and you never answered mine.

Thanks for playing.

John Doe
08-29-2006, 03:30 PM
Sorry Johnny, but times up. One for one, I answered yours, and you never answered mine.

Thanks for playing.

Well, at least I got the admission that you were making stuff up.

Mr. Cynical
08-29-2006, 03:36 PM
Well, at least I got the admission that you were making stuff up.

No, you just showed you can't answer my question and have to continually deflect. But that's okay. It's clear that you have nothing to support your claim on Dick otherwise you would have posted it by now.

John Doe
08-29-2006, 03:52 PM
No, you just showed you can't answer my question and have to continually deflect. But that's okay. It's clear that you have nothing to support your claim on Dick otherwise you would have posted it by now.

In any case, Marv's age is an issue for this reason....he is starting a new career at 80, a career that is very demanding and burns out even young men. The likelihood of him "getting it" and producing at a high level in 1-2 years is very small.

Who are these “younger men” who have been burned out by the NFL GM job? Off the top of my head, I can’t really think of any NFL GMs that have resigned with any inference they could not handle the rigors of the job – most are fired. Maybe you can help me here and give me a few examples.

I made a comment based on what I consider to be common knowledge. Do I have a list of "young burned out GMs"? No.

You made a statement that is far from "common knowledge." The fact is, you can't support it at all, so it must not be common knowledge. You just made something up on the spot to try and support your argument. I am glad that we finally have that established.

I can't blame you for not answering the rest of the questions that I posed. They were bound to be as unsubstantiated as your response to the "burned out GMs" response was.

I will answer you question to me in a later post.

Mr. Cynical
08-29-2006, 04:09 PM
I will answer you question to me in a later post.

There ya go. :up:

TigerJ
08-29-2006, 08:08 PM
So, Billsrock, what are your week one picks? I want to know who not to bet on. Just kidding ya, man.

John Doe
08-29-2006, 09:07 PM

The question posed is whether there is any reason to be optimistic about Jauron in the context of previous accomplishments and in comparison to coaches that were relatively unsuccessful in their first stints as NFL head coaches.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Your point is that Belichick and Levy have had some success prior to being head coaches.<o:p></o:p>
Dick Jauron was a successful coach in the NFL for 10 years before he became a head coach, and he was hired as a coordinator again after his first head coaching stint. You don’t survive for that long in the NFL without doing something right. He may not have had the success of Belichick, but he did not have the all stars that Belichick had either, including arguably the greatest defensive player of all time. And he did not have the advantage of having Bill Parcells as his head coach either.<o:p></o:p>
I feel that his 13-3 “coach of the year” season deserves consideration as well. Any coach can have losing seasons due to injury, poor talent, and a having GM that does not fully support the personnel needs expressed by the coach. Jauron experienced all of this during his tenure at <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Chicago</st1:place></st1:City>. Pulling off a 13-3 season is special, and all the breaks did not go his way that season (they lost their #1 wide receiver in week 5). It gives some indication that future success can be attained, just as Belichick’s good seasons with the Browns gave that sign and Levy’s CFL seasons foretold.<o:p></o:p>
As for Levy’s success as a CFL coach, it is interesting to note that he did not have conflicts with higher-ups over personnel decisions, since he was in charge of that duty as well. I believe that the GM and the head coach have to be on the same page in order for the coach to succeed. From all appearances, Jauron and Levy are in synch as far as the player acquisitions and general coaching philosophy is concerned.<o:p></o:p>
Outside of that, I like the way that he has handled the job with the Bills so far and I like his selection of assistant coaches.