PDA

View Full Version : One negative

Dr. Lecter
08-27-2006, 10:15 PM
Willis' receiving ability has improved, but he still could not block a fat girl. The deep pass to Price almost never happened because Willis missed the bltizing LB.

He has to improve or JP will get killed on 3rd down or any other time Willis has to block somebody.

That is one part of his game that could be helped if he participated in the off season workouts with the coaching staff.

SABURZFAN
08-27-2006, 11:53 PM
Willis' receiving ability has improved, but he still could not block a fat girl.

have you ever tried to fend off a fat girl from a plate of fudge?there's no friggin way.....

YardRat
08-28-2006, 02:41 AM
Fudge is Doc's favorite bait on weekends.

Good observation, Doc...a lot of people bash the o-line for their performance, but neglect to take into account the RB's responsibility for blitz pick-ups.

Historian
08-28-2006, 04:05 AM
He has not impressed me in any way this summer.

Sorry.

LtFinFan66
08-28-2006, 06:31 AM
have you ever tried to fend off a fat girl from a plate of fudge?there's no friggin way.....Sounds like a man speaking from experience :scratch:

mysticsoto
08-28-2006, 07:57 AM
Willis' receiving ability has improved, but he still could not block a fat girl. The deep pass to Price almost never happened because Willis missed the bltizing LB.

He has to improve or JP will get killed on 3rd down or any other time Willis has to block somebody.

That is one part of his game that could be helped if he participated in the off season workouts with the coaching staff.

I've always been puzzled by this. Willis is not a small man! Last year, I felt Mularkey covered for his inability to block by putting Shaud in at 3rd down. And Shaud, despite being significantly smaller, did an adequate job. Instead of covering for him, Mularkey should have been calling Willis out - like a real coach. Don't call yourself the best RB and then have a glaring weakness!!! It would appear he hasn't improved much in the blocking area during the offseason...

THATHURMANATOR
08-28-2006, 08:01 AM
He has not impressed me in any way this summer.

Sorry.
Yeah that 60 yard run was nothing!

ICE74129
08-28-2006, 08:29 AM
Yeah that 60 yard run was nothing!

Ok ONE 60 yard run...on the heels of a fumble returned for a TD and NOTHING else this preseason.

Willis so far is still willis....ALL HYPE.

Dr. Lecter
08-28-2006, 08:30 AM
His receiving skills are improved.

SABURZFAN
08-28-2006, 08:32 AM
Sounds like a man speaking from experience :scratch:

i have a lot of fat relatives.

ICE74129
08-28-2006, 08:50 AM
His receiving skills are improved. Whichis great...IF the OL can hold a block long enough for JP to hit him out of the backfield. and thats a HUGE IF