PDA

View Full Version : Is Rick Jeanneret retiring?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-27-2006, 10:18 PM
Once again, Sabres fans will be punished for their enthusiasm. After garnering some of the highest ratings of the season on OLN, the network announced it will use its exclusive rights to hoard seven Buffalo games this season.

Since last season’s postseason panic forced Adelphia to put the channel on regular cable, fans won’t miss the games. But they will miss Rick Jeanneret. And considering the fact that many close to the organization keep speculating that this might be Jeanneret’s last year, that’s depriving locals of nearly 10 percent of what could be his last body of work.

Sure, the games will be on radio, but it’s not the same.
http://www.niagara-gazette.com/local/local_story_238232321.html

JD
08-27-2006, 10:21 PM
:rage:

THATHURMANATOR
08-27-2006, 11:11 PM
I really hope not! That would really suck if he were gone!

SpillerThrills
08-28-2006, 08:01 AM
I really hope not! That would really suck if he were gone!

even if they do find someone good to replace Rick, whoever it is will never be even close to the calls that we've come to love over the years...

BlackMetalNinja
08-28-2006, 08:49 AM
This article annoys me... we'd be complaining if they didn't get significantly more national coverage this year because of how well they did last year, but now that they are on national tv more, we're *****ing because RJ won't be calling them? Do what any normal person would do, watch OLN and listen to the radio if you want to hear RJ that badly.

THATHURMANATOR
08-28-2006, 11:49 AM
Can anyone get any real clarifications on RJ?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-28-2006, 04:58 PM
Even if RJ does retire after this season his two sons, Mark and Chris one or the other will probably take over the play-by-play duties.
http://msgnetwork.com/ourteam_rjeanneret.jsp

SABURZFAN
08-28-2006, 10:43 PM
the OLN announcers are lame.

THATHURMANATOR
08-29-2006, 08:25 AM
Even if RJ does retire after this season his two sons, Mark and Chris one or the other will probably take over the play-by-play duties.
http://msgnetwork.com/ourteam_rjeanneret.jsp
Why would you assume this? Are they currently announcers?

pyrrhonist
08-29-2006, 12:01 PM
I could give a damn about national coverage. I winced during the playoffs last year, having to watch Buffalo on OLN. 1) Their announcing crew blows, and 2) They're idiots for piping in that fake goal horn when the away team scores. :rolleyes:

Nighthawk
08-29-2006, 10:39 PM
This article annoys me... we'd be complaining if they didn't get significantly more national coverage this year because of how well they did last year, but now that they are on national tv more, we're *****ing because RJ won't be calling them? Do what any normal person would do, watch OLN and listen to the radio if you want to hear RJ that badly.

Come on now....that wouldn't be the Buffalo way! Fans in Buffalo need to complain about something or they don't feel important. This is what bothers me most about some fans in this area...it's a disease!:bs: